11/28 - what time does the opening reception event begin?

Peggy Sue

Happy DVC Member
We are arriving at OKW on 11/28. Is the opening reception going to be an afternoon or evening event? We haven't booked our air yet, and need to know if we have to arrive earlier in the day than we initially intended to. Are there any other events taking place on 11/28 besides the reception?

Thank you!

Have a wonderful day!

Hi :)

We don't have a time set yet, but I would plan for early evening 4 or 5 pm, we may start convention check in earlier in the day however.

Linda
flowerface.GIF

Family Board Host

Coordinator Dis Convention 2001

We didn't even arrive till 4:00 PM or later. That was with the first flight out of OKC. Hope we won't miss anything :) Would we take our ASMo bus to Magic Kingdom to TTC, then to the YC for the reception and other events there? Just trying to get a handle on the easiest way and best way to get there from ASMo. Thnaks. Gerri
I know, I'm such a pain :)

mick_spin.gif

Just wondering...will we be able to check-in if we arrive at 7pm?

We already have our airline tickets and that ws the earliest we could book with our freq flyer miles! :rolleyes:

<font size=4 color=red>Sis-boom-baaaa !!!
\
sheep3.gif
valentinesfae.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">Co-Captain/Chrtr Mbr of Swan/Dolphin Resort Cheerleading Team!</marquee><font color=black>15th Adventure-July/Aug 2001-16 Days at Dolphin & AKL!
<font color=red>16th Adventure-Nov/Dec 2001-6 Days at Swan-1st Dis Convention !

I'm wondering the same thing as BT. We are flying from Vancouver B.C. so it is an all day thing. The earliest we can get into MCO is about 7:30 pm....will we still be able to check in for the convention that night?

pfly1.gif

11/01 Beach Club
12/01 Wonder Cruise
12/01 AKL

There are many ways to get from ASMovies to YC/BC (which we'll be doing too).

Easiest(IMO): Take a bus to Downtown Disney and then transfer to a YC/BC Bus.

Most Interesting(IMO): Take a bus to MGM/Disney Studios, then take the boat to YC/BC. This may take a while, especially if your timing is off on catching the boat. But it's a nice change of pace from all of the busses.

Favorite: This one may be time/energy consuming, but I love the World Showcase, so I'll take any excuse to go through there. Take a bus to EPCOT, then walk all the way through, past the Canada and England pavilions, then turn right before crossing the bridge to France. This is the back way out to the Boardwalk area, and you can grab a treat from Canada on your way!

But do not use your plan. With the wait you can sometimes get for busses, you want to take as few as possible to get anywhere, and you should never have to take more than 2. Whenever going from resort to resort, take a bus to DD then transfer. Except when you are staying at a Monorail resort. When we were at the GF for our Honeymoon, we just hopped the Monorail to MK, then bussed it to a resort. Quick, easy, and at 9am, the busses leaving MK were empty! :D

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody's looking.
Courage is doing the right thing, even when it's unpopular.
Floydian
Go ahead, send a message to flydian@go.com. I dare 'ya. :D

[This message was edited by Floydian on 02-06-01 at 06:11 PM.]

Don't worry about Convention check in - we will also have check in the morning of 11/29 for those that arrive late on 11/28, we'll make sure everyone is taken care of.

Linda
flowerface.GIF

Family Board Host

Coordinator Dis Convention 2001

We'll be arriving before lunch time and would like to be able to visit the parks in the afternoon until closing. That would make it more convenient for me (and I'm sure you're planning this with me in mind :D). It would also give more people time to arrive and attend the reception.

CarolynNC

Tact - A keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense. Webster's Dictionary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter