11/8/03 Western Cruise roll call.... "looking for info from DISers"

alisbarc

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
Hello All,

Does anyone know if a thread has been started for the 11/08/03 Western cruise. If so could you please bump it to the top so I can read and reply. Can't seem to get the search function to work.

If one hasn't been started lets begin. I would be happy to organize an informal Dis meeting. Been reading about them on the DIS board and sounds like fun. My wife (Alison) is pretty handy with the computer and would be willing to make up name tags etc. I'll put together a bi-weekly (maybe a little less frequent now and more frequent as we get closer) for everyones reading pleasure.

Ok, Here's what I need to get started. Please email to dwbarc@aol.com the following:
Names of everyone in your party
Ages of the kids at cruise time.(we'll keep everyone guessing on us older folks)
stateroom #
hometown
dining seating session
favorite disney character (each family member)
email address

Also, any ideas you may have on where to meet, activities you may want to do together (if any), words of wisdom, cruise tips.

There are 6 of us. Myself (David), Alison, Mary 13, Timothy 10, Matthew 5, and Andrew 4. The little guys (don't let them know but include me also) can hardly wait to go on the big boat.

Happy New Years - Watching the rose bowl parade - awesome!

PS I'm a huge Tigger Fan.

DS10.5 (will be 11 when we cruise), DH and I (mid 40s) are on the 11/8 Western cruise. We have a room on deck 6 w/verandah. Main dining. First time cruise for DH & DS. Central MA. DH's favorite character is Tigger. Currently mine is the main mouse himself.
I have mixed feelings about this cruise. Hopefully I'll be in the right frame of mind before we cruise.

I remember a few other families saying they are also cruising on the 11/8/03 cruise. I believe it was a few weeks ago.

Hi imgoing to disney. Thanks for being the first to respond. We are also on deck 6 (6016 & 6018). No verandah for us. My DW is afraid the little ones might fall or the 10 year old might jump.

Why do you have mixed feelings? We took a carnival cruise this summer and it was great. I never have had a bad experience with Disney and am sure the cruise will be terrific.

Send me your email and other info if you would like to be included in any updates and possible DIS meeting onboard.

Happy New Years
David

OK, I know there are 11/8 cruisers out there somewhere. So far we have 10 or us from 2 families.

:D Nothing required, just curious of how many DISmaniacs are gonna be on the boat with us.

Happy New Years and have a tiggerrific day.

Hello all,

Is me again. Gonna bump this to the top every Friday in hopes of Finding a few DIS friends out there. So far its just 10 of us from 2 families. We are going to have a blast so step forward and say hello. WE will supply the going away bubbles!

Less than 10 months to go!

Still looking for DIS boarders who are going on the 11/8/03 7 day Western. Its going to be tons of fun. Stand up and be counted.

Have a tiggerriffic day!
David

The wedding and honeymoon will on consist of the two of us.

My fiance (Jason) and myself (Angela)
we are in a category 7 Navigator Verandah
Second dining
We live in Palm Coast Florida
My favorite character is between Dopey and Mickey.

We are trying to have a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding on Castaway.
:D

Yeah -you found us!
Any details on the wedding? (That would be so great to see)
Have you been reading the DIS for a while? What decisions if any have you made yet? Excursions, etc.?

We are still working on reading the packet on the wedding. It has been a very hectic couple of months we just moved into a new home, company in town, then FH was in a motorcycle accident and had to have knee surgery from a prior household accident!!

The only things we have decided on so far is my bouquet is goings to a french bouquet made of all red roses. And our cake topper is Belle and the Beast.

We are planning on doing the Surial Bath one day. Haven't really decided about excursions. I really wanted to do the dolphin encounter but then got really disappointed when I found out you don't get to swim with the dolphins. So still deciding... We have friends who live down near Key West who are going visit us while we are in port.

On Friday the 14th (wedding day) we will be having dinner at Palo's.

And hopefully the Saturday night after we can go stay at a disney resort and go to Epcot!!!

Hi Angela & Jason,
So glad you posted a reply. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. We wish you a wonderful life together. Alison and I have been married for 20 years - all good ones.

If you will send me your email I will add you to our DIS cruise list. I will be putting together a little newsletter for all The DIS board 11/8/03 crusisers.

Who is Jason's favorite Disney character. So far both adult males are Tigger fans. Do we have another one?

Our group is getting bigger. We are up to 12 now!

TTFN

daivd

Welcome Nuke! With your group of 5 we are up to 17 DIS board fans on the cruise. Anyone else out there!

ttfn

We'll be there. It will be myself, DH and 3 year old DD. This will be our first cruise. We can hardly wait.

Welcome Kaelynsmom,

If you would like to join our little informal group (will be 20 or us with y'all) please send me your email address and the other information at the start of this thread. My email address if dwbarc@aol.com. Our first newsletter is going out on Valentines Day in honor of our wedding cruisers.

ttfh

We are up to 23 DIS board fans now. Only 6 more days till the first edition of the newsletter comes out. If your on the 11/08/03 Western cruise still time to emial me at dwbarc@aol.com and be inluced in the inagaural issue. Sure to become a highly sought after collecters item. But, we still need a name. Any ideas?

TTFN

I'll be emailing you with my information - I just booked the 11/8 cruise day before yesterday.

How nice of you to arrange a meet, and do the newsletters - it'll help pass the time we have to wait until cruising!

I rarely get over hear to check the board (not enough time, although it's a great site), so I'll look forward to keeping in touch via the newsletter - and most likely will make time to check in here more often as a result. :-)

Welcome WDW1972. With the 2 of you we are now up to 25 happy cruisers. Only4 more days till the first newsletter. Still looking for a name. All suggestions welcomed.
ttfn

Count us in!!!
Linda and Brian (Disney Wife and Husband)
Troy (Disney Son) he will have just turned 11 before the cruise
We're from Rochester NY. This will be our second DCL trip.
We went on the Wonder 04/02 and loved it!
We're dining late and will be on Deck 7 Aft.
Glad to see there are other boys that are my DS's age!!!

TTFN

Fay Ray

Welcome Fay_Ray and Tiggerhappy. We are now up to 38 DIS board cruisers. No longer a small group.

Ok 11/08/03 cruise lurkers. The first newsletter went out today. A virtual cornacopia of information, introductions, and intellectual reading. If you want to join the group email me your info at dwbarc@aol.com and I'll send you a copy of the first edition.

ttfn
david

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter