11 day WDW trip with 10 people a success!

Queenjacko

Earning My Ears
Just capped off an 11 day trip from Vancouver to WDW. thanks to everyone here for all of the tips, especially with getting through Covid screening going there and back! Thought I would throw a quick post in here in case I can be of any help to anyone planning an upcoming trip. A couple notes about our trip:
-We had 10 people, all adults, all fully vaccinated
-I booked the Vancouver Covid tests about a week out for the evening we left. The testing centre is right in Vancouver airport
-make sure you check to see when the testing centre is closed. We had a 11pm flight but the testing closed at 7 so we had to go quite early since the appointments are 15 mins apart and there were ten of us
-they let us all walk up as a group when we got to the testing centre
-we checked in in person which was a good call because it let the westjet person check our Covid tests and have us fill out our attestation form ahead of time.
-once at the parks we wore the mask any time we were indoors and also any time we were In A large crowd or walking by a large group of people. Mask lanyards really came in handy as it was a lot of on and off. Universal does not require indoor masks but we wore them anyways.
-mask compliance was okay. We did see cast members correct a couple of guests but we also saw a lot of guests not wearing their masks correctly, especially in indoor line ups.
-for the testing for coming home the tests didn’t drop in on the Walgreens website until the next morning three days out. I stayed up until midnight refreshing and eventually had to go to sleep and set an alarm for 6AM. I had to split the tests between two Walgreens locations as there were not 10 appointments available at either one. I definitely recommend just putting in one email for everyone to streamline the process.
-we rented a car for the tests and essentially played clown car to get everyone through. The first 6 people met at the first walgrenes, we sent 4 through the drive though, did the tests, then did the drive through a second timefor the next two. The last four ubered to the second location and we played clown car again.
-some of the tests came back in within an hour and a half or so, some of them took considerably longer (8ish hours).
-we all did our ArriveCAN app. Make sure you bring your vaccine card with you, you have to take a picture of it for the app
-when leaving Westjet asked to see our ArriveCAN app and our negative tests before boarding.
-when we arrived in Toronto and went through customs several of the customs agents were under the impression that a PCR test was the only acceptable test to return to Canada. I pushed back on this and thankfully had saved where the govt of Canada website lists all of the accepted tests and was able to show that to the customs agent. This happened to multiple people in our party. Be prepared to show that a NAAT test is acceptable.
That’s all I can think of for now! If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to save the acceptable tests for coming home in my files.

Just curious, with the westjet free 24 hour change or cancellation policy I thought it would be more advantageous to get tested prior to that in case one of us were not symptomatic and do test positive, then we can take advantage of cancelling the hotel/flight etc. Did you have any type of cancellation insurance that covered you if one of you tested positive?

Just curious, with the westjet free 24 hour change or cancellation policy I thought it would be more advantageous to get tested prior to that in case one of us were not symptomatic and do test positive, then we can take advantage of cancelling the hotel/flight etc. Did you have any type of cancellation insurance that covered you if one of you tested positive?
Yes, we took out a group insurance policy through Tugo and doubled up just incase. It worked out to be $30/PP

I have been looking at Tugo, i don’t get it through westjet because coverage ends Oct 31st. But to buy it externally it doesn’t cover quarantine once you are there so might just get blue cross for medical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter