12/19 Wonder Anyone coming???

Pink-Tink,
My twin DDs will be 11 too! Sounds like we will have a good size group of Dis Kids in the Lab!

DJ

My 10 year old DD would love to have an email pal for this cruise. PM me if anyone is interested. She would like to email either a boy or a girl her age (or even a little younger).

Let me know if anyone is interested!
Thanks
princess:
DJ

I think it is a great idea to have the kids email each other back and forth, BUT, mine still don't know that we are going and I would hate to have that spoiled! I dunno...maybe in a few months, when I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE and they know, then they can email back and forth!

Just out of curiousity, what room numbers do you all have? we are in 8526. Just wondering if we are staying close to each other on board!

We managed to get one of the SPRs (5020)! I am SO excited. We booked it in Dec. 2002, so that is probably how we got it.

I understand trying to keep a surprise. We took our DDs to WDW this past Christmas and wanted to keep it a secret BUT their dance team decided to have a party while we were gone and I told them they couldn't go, and THEN it became this BIG deal and their friends were begging for them to be able to go, and we couldn't give them a good reason not to go other than 'we said so'.......finally, I couldn't take it anymore and we broke down and told them the reason they couldn't go was because we would be at WDW.

Can you believe they were MAD that we told them! :rolleyes: They said, "Why did you tell us? It would have been a great surprise!"

sometimes you just can't win! We all had a great time and they only found out the week before we left, so it was almost a surprise.

DJ

Okay, DJ, I give, what does SPR stand for? I never thought of having a room on the same deck as the kids stuff! Should have thought of that! We just picked a "family suite" since we are "family" and figured we need the s p a c e! Oh! duh, I just got it...Secret Porthole Rooms, right? :rolleyes:

I have to keep minimizing the screen since the boys keep walking in here...and they can READ now! Dang teachers! Going and teaching them to do that kind of stuff! That's funny about your kids and keeping it a secret! DH and I went to Universal and WDW in October. Since we didn't want the boys to be upset that they weren't going, we didn't tell them until the night before! Plus we pulled it off as Daddy is taking Mommy on a surprise second HoneyMoon. The week before we left, the karate teacher wanted to know why we weren't going to be at tournament? I said, "Ah, we are going out of town." Colton: "Where are we going?" Me:"Ahhhh, grandmas!" Which wasn't a total lie. We were all going, just Daddy and I weren't staying!

I sure do wish this cruise would come quicker!

We had one of the SPR (secret porthole rooms) on our last cruise, and I have to admit that I fell in love with the location as much as I did the 'free' porthole. My girls will be 11 when we go on the December cruise and they will have a short walk back to our room from the Lab. The movie theater is also very close (on the same deck).

Until our last cruise we had rooms on Deck 7. We never let them sign themselves in and out before, so it wasn't an issue for us to be close to the Lab. For the next couple of years I want to be close to the the Lab so they can get back to our room easily.

I hope you can keep your cruise a secret. This year, it is out in the open so we won't have to worry about surprising them. Twice we have tried to surprise them with vacations and twice we have had to tell them because of having to explain why they couldn't attend something. DH said we should just give up! Instead we can plan little surprises on the trip (like getting the SPR was a surprise, we always had Cat. 11s before).

DJ

We have two of the SPR's booked (5022 & 5024). So we will be neighbors literally. We figured on room for us, and one for the kids. It was so much cheaper than booking a higher catorgory cabin.

Jennifer

7566. I like that we're in the middle of the ship. I have a tendancy to feel the boat sometimes! (The first time we went, Nat got sick at Parrot Cay with about 20 other kids. It was a VERY rough trip -- right after Hurricane Floyd!)

I'm a little unsure about the signing out stuff. I wouldn't want her walking in on us!!!!! We'll have to cross that bridge, but she'll be exactly 12 1/2 then so....

Can't wait!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

d

Jennifer,
That is so cool! It will be a good location for your boys to be able to go to the Lab. That is one of the things I love about those rooms. My twin DDs will be 11 when we go on this sailing so they will be in the lab with your boys! One of my twins usually is hanging out with the boys at the huge video game area in the middle of the room. My other daughter will be found making necklaces or crafts in another part of the room. Two totally different girls!

Well if we get too loud, just bang on the wall! :hyper:
DJ

d,
That is SO funny! That is one of my concerns, but I have not actually said it out loud! :rotfl:

I am 'assuming' that we can dead bolt the door and also they have a service in the lab that they will 'beep' you to let you know they are leaving and where they are going. That ought to give you a minute or so to run to the bathroom.

Then just say you were 'napping' and you used the deadbolt so the cleaning staff didn't come in and wake you.

Anyway, that is my plan. Personally I perfer not letting them sign themselves in and out and haven't quite decided yet.

DJ

12 1/2 too young for the teens and ...

Also very inquisitive! wink wink! Yeah, we'll bolt the door!

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

we leave on the 19th also family of 3 and we are very excited we are actually going down on the 11th and doing seaworld, universal and more days at disney room 8016
daughter will be 8 for cruise

DJ....thats great. My DS12 loves the video games. So I'm sure they will "hanging out" together there.

Jennifer

welcome HappyLawyer! We'll be in WDW the week before the cruise too! Doing USO/IOA after the cruise. Two whole weeks of vacation! Yeah!
Your room is right close to ours and your daughter is about the same age as our sons! Colton will be 9 and Connor will be 7. They all might be able to hang out together!

We are in 2608. We tried to get a SPH. It was not available when we first booked so we got a category 9 because dh really wanted a window. Later I noticed that a secret porthole room was available on one of the sites (I guess someone must have cancelled). By then prices had edged up some and it wasn't worth all the switching although we would have loved the location too.

DJ: My dd loves crafts and making jewelry!:D

Welcome happylawyer!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: Hello to all. I hope this is going to right place. I found the site yesterday. I (33) Dh(35), Kyle (13 by 9 days) adn Bryan (10) at time of cruise. First ever cruise :earseek: we will also be at WDW for 4 days before cruise. 13 yr. old does not want to go to teen section, others have that problem? Sooo excited. 8 Ears

My DD is going to be 12 1/2 and is worried she'll be bored. We've hooked up with a few girls and I know that there's another boy this age (read thru this thread.) Nat loves email, so if your son doesn't think girls are icky and he wants to penpal, let me know!

d

Can't wait!
:Pinkbounc

Welcome 8 ears! Our son Colton, will be 2 months shy of his 10th birthday when we cruise! I am sure we can get the boys together at some point! We all have to plan a time to meet up! Maybe the first day after the sail away party? I have never done this before so I don't know when is best! I just wish I could tell the boys! We have dropped SO many hints, I am SURE they will figure it out before long! Cooooooome on December!

8 Ears....I also have a son that will be 12 1/2 when we cruise. We are keeping this cruise a surprise. They will not know until we actually pull up to the port. I'm sure the boys can hag out. There seems to be a few kids inthis age range. I'm sure yours will have a blast!!!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter