$120 Costco Coleman Tent? Coleman Tent Ceiling Fan?

AKL_Megs

DIS Veteran
Hello Campers, fellow camper here!

Has anyone VERY RECENTLY seen that HUGE Coleman tent from Costco (the $120-ish one with the hinged doors and screened room)? I just decided I am purchasing it, but won't be home until Friday.

If you've seen it there recently, could you tell me and give me hope!!!

Also, has anyone ever used that Coleman (I think) tent ceiling fan? DH is a ceiling fan junkie, and I thought it would be cute... but not for $20 if it doesn't work.

Thanks!

Hello Campers, fellow camper here!

Has anyone VERY RECENTLY seen that HUGE Coleman tent from Costco (the $120-ish one with the hinged doors and screened room)? I just decided I am purchasing it, but won't be home until Friday.

If you've seen it there recently, could you tell me and give me hope!!!

Also, has anyone ever used that Coleman (I think) tent ceiling fan? DH is a ceiling fan junkie, and I thought it would be cute... but not for $20 if it doesn't work.

Thanks!

A tent ceiling fan? I'm intrigued. We're taking a tent to the beach for a few days in June. That would be great! I'm keeping my eye on this thread.

I saw the tent on Walmart's site for 160 and Sam's site (didn't list price). It wasn't listed on BJ's site or Costco. BJ's did have the ceiling fan though for 24.99.

I think I saw that tent on a Target flyer in Sunday's paper for about $120.

It looks neat, especially the hinged door. The way it is designed, you could probably make an opening beneath that flap where it stakes out on the sides for a window a/c unit if you wanted to. I may buy one of these to replace the tent I carry with me.

Would the fan work in an E-Z Up awning? I'd be interested in it for that reason alone.

Would the fan work in an E-Z Up awning? I'd be interested in it for that reason alone.

Deb, I had one of those tent ceiling fans a while ago. It mounted to the roof of the tent with a heavy duty magnet. (One side outside the tent, one side inside, then hung by way of a hook on the magnet.) I'm not sure it would be powerful enough to cool from the height of an EZ-Up. It ate D-Cells like candy too. A set of batteries was good for 1 night for my small tent in my Scout camping days with no electric in hot temps. It used 4 or 6 D cells. (Don't remember). I dropped it and it broke.

Deb, I had one of those tent ceiling fans a while ago. It mounted to the roof of the tent with a heavy duty magnet. (One side outside the tent, one side inside, then hung by way of a hook on the magnet.) I'm not sure it would be powerful enough to cool from the height of an EZ-Up. It ate D-Cells like candy too. A set of batteries was good for 1 night for my small tent in my Scout camping days with no electric in hot temps. It used 4 or 6 D cells. (Don't remember). I dropped it and it broke.

Thanks, Carol. I won't bother looking now. I was envisioning a modified ceiling fan like you would use at home that hooked into electricity - only lighter.

I went and looked at it online, it was ORANGE! I like....hmmmm....maybe a purchase in my future......hmmmm

Orange is good! You know - CJ might need a tent in the future if his brother from another mother in Nebraska ever takes a solo trip to Florida. :thumbsup2

It's on sale at Costco.com for $99.00, shipping and handling included... Coleman 8 person Montana Tent, 16'X7'. It's in the flyer and the sale starts Thursday..5/13 Item #502802

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter