1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 1 great time at POR *Completed 9/5*

More pictures from our walkabout at Port Orleans Riverside:

The food court:

Boatwright's restaurant (I regret that we never got to eat here...I definitely intend to on future trips):

Registration area:

It was time now to get back to the room to get ready for our lunch reservation at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Stay tuned! :happytv:

Following! I'm loving the trip report so far! It's making me even more excited for our trip. I've stayed at POR before. This time we are staying with our boys at AS Sports though. We've got an ADR at Kona Cafe too. Looking forward to that report.

Following along :) We were just at Disney and left May 30 th. We also stayed at POR in a preferred room in building 18 :rotfl:

Following along! Really enjoying it so far. I don't know why but I love travel days and arrival day the most! lol.

Love all your photos of POR! It really is so beautiful there!! I took a ton of photos of the grounds as well, it is just so easy because it is so beautiful!

Following along! Love your pictures of POR- I stayed there for the first time in August and I absolutely loved it! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

Following along! Your trip is right up my alley so far, staying at POR (my favorite resort) and dinner at Kona!

Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

Following! I'm loving the trip report so far! It's making me even more excited for our trip. I've stayed at POR before. This time we are staying with our boys at AS Sports though. We've got an ADR at Kona Cafe too. Looking forward to that report.

Welcome! Glad to have you following along! Spoiler alert: we love Kona!

Following along :) We were just at Disney and left May 30 th. We also stayed at POR in a preferred room in building 18 :rotfl:

Did you love it? We certainly did!

Following along! Really enjoying it so far. I don't know why but I love travel days and arrival day the most! lol.

I know what you mean...there's something magical about getting checked in and squared away...then knowing you have your entire vacay ahead of you! Glad to have you here!

Love all your photos of POR! It really is so beautiful there!! I took a ton of photos of the grounds as well, it is just so easy because it is so beautiful!

I know! Every time we walked anywhere everything was so picturesque. Do you like the Alligator Bayou section better or the Magnolia Bend?

Following along! Love your pictures of POR- I stayed there for the first time in August and I absolutely loved it! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

Glad to hear you loved it also jordansmama. It's where I want to stay from now on!

It was about 11:15am on Friday, May 31st and we had a reservation for lunch at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian at 12:15pm. We drove from POR to the Poly and parked. It was really hot that day and there was a ton of construction going on at the resort.

We arrived about 11:35am and thought we would see if we could be seated early. There was hardly anyone there. We checked in and found out that the restaurant didn't open for lunch until noon, so we were given a pager and waited in front of Ohana.

Right at noon our buzzer went off and we were seated. Our server's name was Julia and she was excellent! Since we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan we were able to each get an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. We asked about sushi as an appetizer but Julia told us they don't have sushi at lunch, only dinner. So DW, DS, and I ordered the crab cakes:

They were delicious! A bit different from other crab cakes I've had...these were somewhat creamy with a hint of herbs. Not the absolute best I've ever had, but definitely delicious! We all three ate every bite.

DD had one of my favorite dishes at Kona Cafe, the sticky wings:

I LOVE their sticky wings! I usually always order them but we had a reservation for Ohana the following night and I was really in the mood for crab cakes. DD did not like the wasabi mustard drizzle so she didn't eat all of them. DS and I were happy to help finish them!

For our entrees, DW and I both ordered the Plate Lunch Teriyaki Steak:

The steak itself was very good and the pineapple salsa was great! The pasta wasn't good at all. We didn't even bother with it.

DS ordered the Asian Noodle Bowl:

This dish was not what he was expecting. I think he was thinking it would be more like lo mein which he loves. He let me try a bite and I loved it. In fact, I loved it so much I offered to swap him my steak entree for his noodle bowl. Worked out to be a good trade for both of us. I enjoyed this dish very much and he enjoyed the steak (although he's really more of a seafood guy.) This dish was a little hot and was served with an even hotter Asian sauce on the side which I thought was great. It made me sweat a little!

DD is not as adventurous. She ordered the Grilled Angus Chuck Bacon Cheeseburger:

It was a very big burger and she didn't finish all of it but she really liked it. Between she and her brother they did eat all of the fries.

For dessert, I ordered the Banana Chocolate Creme Brulee:

Now I'm not a big dessert eater, but this was a very good dish! The creme brulee tasted like fresh bananas and there was chocolate at the bottom of the dish. MY DS had a few bites and loved it also.

DW ordered the Kilauea Tort:

It was very good but very rich. I don't think she ate all of it.

DS and DD had the Kona Kone:

Last time we were at Kona the "kone" was more of an actual cone than a bowl, but they both enjoyed it. DS was pretty full so he ate very little of his.

Overall, we had a great experience at Kona Cafe. I was disappointed that I couldn't get sushi, but the crab cakes were really good and our service was excellent. In my opinion, if you are NOT on the dining plan this lunch at Kona is one of the best values in all of Walt Disney World. Where else can you get a NY strip steak for under $15? My grade for Kona Cafe on this day: A-

Coming up next, an afternoon at Animal Kingdom! Later, dinner at Raglan Road.

Subbing in. Very nice report, is there more?? lol

Hi Venomhatch, glad to have you here! Your information on the POR thread was very very helpful to me in planning our first stay at that resort. We absolutely loved it and again thanks for all the info!

Absolutely there's more! Tons more!

Hi Venomhatch, glad to have you here! Your information on the POR thread was very very helpful to me in planning our first stay at that resort. We absolutely loved it and again thanks for all the info!

Absolutely there's more! Tons more!

I am glad to see you enjoy your trip! It is a collective knowledege group there in the POR thread. It just helps, me being a CM on the inside, to guide guests to a better experience. ;);)

following along, great so far. counting down the days till my trip and this just makes it so much harder.

I am glad to see you enjoy your trip! It is a collective knowledege group there in the POR thread. It just helps, me being a CM on the inside, to guide guests to a better experience. ;);)

The POR group is the best! I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

Yes we loved POR it is one of my favorites :thumbsup2 It is kinda cool we were there at the same time even if you were arriving and we were leaving :rotfl:
We were in line for the magic express around 10:00am May 30th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter