12x12 THREE RING scrapbooks?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I have been scrapbooking for a few years now and have always used 12x12 post bound albums. But when I went to Disney back in 2007, I bought an album not paying attention what type it was. I get home and realized it was a 3-ring binder 12x12 album. I was so disappointed at the time but decided that I had no choice to use it. Let me tell ya, I LOVE the 3-ring binder albums now. I don't want to go back to post bound. But I'm having a heck of a time finding them. Can you suggest a place to find these? My M's doesn't sell them and I was at ACMoore the other day and haven't found them there either. HELP!!!

Ritzcamera.com sells them. Also scrapbooking.com sells them. Both sell the We Are Memory Makers brand.

Would you believe I found one at Walgreenes?

i'd believe that Deb, because my Walgreens often has stuff like that. i never count them out. Although, I think my store is a pit, really bad. I still cruise over there and check them out every now and again. They are really good at marking things down BEFORE the holiday is over. I got some really good deals at christmas time.

Pebbles in my Pocket sells them (online) and I like their quality

I know Roberts Crafts/Provo Craft does in their stores (utah/Idaho area) but not sure if you can get them online at all.

I hate scrapping post bound and prefer scrapping 3 ring :)

walgreens? thats crazy

I know right? No refills, but there was a navy 12x12. I was looking for a white one to give to DS20's goddaughter. I'm still looking... I thought I could rub on her name on the front, and use 4x6 page dividers, and print off some of the 365 cards. These are non scrappy people, but have a ton of pics already. The baby was born on Saturday...

Anyone see a white one? Maybe in the wedding section somewhere...sigh....

I know right? No refills, but there was a navy 12x12. I was looking for a white one to give to DS20's goddaughter. I'm still looking... I thought I could rub on her name on the front, and use 4x6 page dividers, and print off some of the 365 cards. These are non scrappy people, but have a ton of pics already. The baby was born on Saturday...

Anyone see a white one? Maybe in the wedding section somewhere...sigh....

No, but I have the kind that you customize yourself with paper or fabric on the cover. I got mine at Hobby Lobby - it's an American Craft one.

I was just looking for this yesterday with no luck. Thanks for the suggestions.

Has anyone seen them at Joann's? I'll be near there today.

I found mine at HL and they had several different brands and colors - not sure about white though - plus tons of refills.

Ritzcamera.com sells them. Also scrapbooking.com sells them. Both sell the We Are Memory Makers brand.

I have been using those albums for almost five years (about 12 albums worth) and I love them! I got so tired of the post albums and will never go back! I noticed recently Hobby Lobby has a knock off of the We Are Memory Makers Album. It is made by Paper Wishes. I bought one last week and side by sid ethey are almost identical.

Hey gals...give me some of your pluses and minuses on the post bound and 3 ring....
Me and my gf go back and forth on post bound and 3 ring...
thanks!

I tend to lean toward post bound because the pages lay flat right next to each other making a two page layout look much better than in a three ring, especially since I tend to put photos overlapping across pages. I have the same problem as maslex with my last Disney album too, so I totally understand!

Dalee has a line of 3 ring binder albums. I think you’ll find them mostly at you LSS. I like the 3 ring binders too. I always keep one for albums in progress. I never scrap in order so when I do a page I pop it into a three ring binder. Once the album emerges, I order them and put them in their final destination.
Another thing I like about a three ring binder is that you don’t feel like you always need to make a 2 page layout. Because of the slight distance between them, the pages can stand alone, yet they are not so far apart that they can not flow one to the other. I agree that you can’t split a layout when you are using them, but I never split a layout.

I believe I saw them on the Pioneer web site as well..

I much prefer ring binders.. I have too much trouble with getting the post bound albums to lay flat; getting the post extenders to stay together the way they're supposed to; etc..

Don't count out Walmart or Target. Both have scrapbook sections. You never know what you might stumble across. If you have an Archiver's in the area they carry the We Are Memories binders too. You might want to try an internet search on them. Not only are there top loading pages for their 12 x 12 but you can also purchase 4x6 pocket pages too. I really like that idea, especially if you have quite a few photos you want to put into your albums but don't have the time to sit and scrap everyone of them!

Michelle G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter