12x12 Weird Everyday Completed Page Prototypes

I am trying something on one of the photomats for the purple page- I am not sure if I like it. Please tell me what you think.

Whole mat:
IMG_8025.jpg

Close up of area with rockettes:
IMG_8026.jpg

Rebecca

I like them, but I admit I'm scared they will fall off inside the album. Are they stuck on good?

I think they are really pretty pages! And the paper is really interesting.
I would like to see those little stones. How are they melted? Did you have to do it or did the ribbon come that way?
On the blue page, I think, you have an accent thing towards the topper and I was wondering if it was black? If they are the same ones I have, bought them at Target, I was possibly going to use them on my black set. Would that be ok?
I think you are an artist and very brave! Scrapbooking 501-masters class!:goodvibes

I think they are really pretty pages! And the paper is really interesting.

Thank you- the blue paper is from a pack I got a big lots- It is blue with flocked flowerson it. The purple papers are a set from Quick Quotes- I actually won them at CKC for wearing my quick quotes shirt.

I would like to see those little stones. How are they melted? Did you have to do it or did the ribbon come that way?

The stones are called rockettes- I got them from a scrapping company called Little Black Dress- I am not sure if they are in business anymore. I cut a 1/2 in strip of the green paper just a little longer then the photo mats. Then I covered them with crystal effects (it is the stamping up version of glossy accents). You can use them for embedding glitter or such into it or you can use it to make things look like they are epoxy. After I covered them with the glue I poured on the rockets (just like I would have done with beads or glitter). Then I heated them up with my embossing gun which melted them together somewhat. If I hd wanted them total melted I would have had to put them in the oven or womething like that.

On the blue page, I think, you have an accent thing towards the topper and I was wondering if it was black? If they are the same ones I have, bought them at Target, I was possibly going to use them on my black set. Would that be ok?

On the page I posted I had not used the stamp so it was black- on the final version I stamped it and cut them out to make them look better. They were stamps I got from my Secret Santa here last year (Logan&Tyler'sMom- she was fantastic). It would be just fine if you wanted to use the same stamp as me. The journal box also was a stamp that I did in blue not the black in the original (which was actually the stamp not a stamped image).

I think you are an artist and very brave! Scrapbooking 501-masters class!:goodvibes

Why thank you! I tend to do more on the pages and items I do for swaps instead of my own. I use my swap items to decorate the pages.

Rebecca

Well my purple and blue pages are done. Here is my red page. I need to add some of the embellishments to the items but the overall look is the plan. the word at the bottom will be different on each layout and it is hard to see but it does have a popdotted heart on each side of it.

Red:
IMG_8070.jpg

Rebecca

The only group Im in with you is yellow! I dont get any of those AWESOME pages! And rightfully I wont even get yellow because that is Bananas work!
I think red is the best!

AR- you make me feel so good. Really all I do take a topper and 2 mat mock-ups (papers that don't necessarily match but are about the right size) and move them around on the page until I find a layout I like. I decide what else will fit (journal boxes, accents- I love my accent essential cart, brads, flowers, ribbons, whatever I have around) and then move things around on the page until they fit.

Rebecca

Here is my yellow prototype:
IMG_8072.jpg

I still need to add on some of the accents but this is the layout template.

I got my paper for the dog and butterfly groups today so I will be working on those template next week after i finish getting the red and yellow ones glued down.

Rebecca

Here are 2 possibilities for my butterfly pages. I love the paper and don't want to cover it too much. I have a small topper because of that. Also each journal box will be a slightly different design as they are all parts of the Jolee Chocolate SEI line tags. The photo mats are ontop of each other. In one version I have cardstock on the top mat and on the other I don't. If I don't use cardstock I will put photo corners on to use. I just hate to cover up to much of the shimmery paper I am using for the mats. Let me know which one people like better. I have 3 different colors of the shimmer paper and will use different ones on layouts- silver, pink, and brown. I have some ribbon that matches the blue butterfly on the page and I plan on using it as an accent on the page to tie in that butterfly a little better. Let me know what you thkn and which kind you like better. I plan on using the thin magnets to hold the photomat closed.

Layout 1:
IMG_8077.jpg
- only one layer on the top mat- I would add photo corners

Layout 2:
IMG_8078.jpg
- 2 layers on both photo mats

Rebecca

I love that shimmer paper. What if you used it like a ribbon instead? This way it would go over the photo and we would see more of it? You would also use less of it and you could add it to the topper to tie it all together.

I love that paper. I would have a hard time covering it up too.

I can add some as a ribbon but I need paper that thin in order to do the folded over mat.

Rebecca

i LOVE that paper - that would end up in my "far too pretty to use as I don't want to cover it" section (OK- half my stash :blush: :lmao: )

i LOVE that paper - that would end up in my "far too pretty to use as I don't want to cover it" section (OK- half my stash :blush: :lmao: )

If you don't do anything with it though no one else gets to appreciate its beauty.

Rebecca

True. But I get to pull it out and just ooo and aaahh over it. :rotfl2:

I think that will be my personal goal next year. To make one a page a month using my prettiest paper.

Aaackk! I could never use all of my pretty paper - then I couldn't look at it! That's like a lot of my Disney Jolee's, they're just too cute to use. Often if I do use one (and it has to be for the perfect page), I go out and buy a replacement "just to have". Yes, it's a sickness. Maybe I should go on Oprah as a scrap supply hoarder.

Aaackk! I could never use all of my pretty paper - then I couldn't look at it! That's like a lot of my Disney Jolee's, they're just too cute to use. Often if I do use one (and it has to be for the perfect page), I go out and buy a replacement "just to have". Yes, it's a sickness. Maybe I should go on Oprah as a scrap supply hoarder.

OMG michelle, i could have written this myself! it is so me!
:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter