13.1 You Wish Upon A Star...a Tink Race and Mother's Day Trip Report! (complete)

But is it really taunting you if you *asked* for the picture?! :teeth:

HAVE TO SAVE MAGGY, HAVE TO SAVE JACK

I saw someone dresssed as Rufio during one of the races, and it was everything.

I saw Rufio too! She was at the bus-stop after the half looking like Hook had gotten to her. I blurted out "OMG I LOVE RUFIO" and she picked her head up and smiled and fist pumped...and then went back to looking like she ran a half marathon. :)

Okay, roxykiddo is adorable. Seriously. California is on Mars. I can't even.

That hotel room is cool ... I like the decor! Definitely better than your standard boring decor. Palm trees make everything better.

I'm farily certain that jogging down ramps yelling "wheeeeee" is the correct way to push a wheelchair. Definitely sounds right. No judgement should have been occuring. (Side note - did you know that not all ramps are considered wheelchair-accessible? The ADA has certain rules about the angle of the ramp (and possibly also the ramp, I don't remember, it's been a few years since I last read that part of the ADA), and some ramps that were built pre-ADA don't fit those standards)

Nice 3-digit bib number! But why does it say "Bridget"? Shouldn't it say "roxymama"? Who is this "Bridget"? (and I actually already knew your name ... probably from tracking/stalking some of your other races)

That Dooney is super cute! And I like the placement a lot - two full (or at least mostly full) Tinks right at the bottom of the front! The jacket is awesome too.

Also ... @AuntieBean - do you always make the most hysterical faces in pictures? Or is it just something about arrival day? Every time I see you in a picture, I crack up.

Bean is a serial silly-facer in pictures. These aren't even that over the top. :)

And we definitely learned out lesson as the trip went on about what was easy and not easy as far as going up or down ramps/hills/etc. We finally got the hang of it and utilized elevators much more as the trip progressed. Much like running...flat was easier than up or down hill :)

Glad you had a great expo! Love your purse and I'm glad you love your jacket.

I was in a wheelchair this week for training post surgery. Some of my coworkers had that type of fun with me and my chair as you did with your mom.

Soaring over the....Ahhhhh a Whale!!!!

So we had just finished expo-ing and now that I think about it, this was when we did the macaron cart on the way to the esplanade through downtown Disney.
IMG_9988.JPG
IMG_9989.JPG

Mmmmmm. I wish I'd tried the ice cream one, but it was humongous. Just another reason to come back.

So we decided to start our trip with DCA since A) we had a dinner reservation there later, B) we were gonna save DL for magic hours tomorrow and C) we read it was way more wheelchair accessible of the two parks. This would prove pretty true.

Mom already had her ticket from the hotel but Bean and I had to turn our paper ones into tickets and I liked the method of just doing it at the gate. It didn't take too long to get our pics taken and cards. I had to laugh that i was given the storm trooper ticket while my sis got minnie.
IMG_9791.JPG
So I guess I was being recruited to the darkside.

We all called out our musts for the trip for DCA. Mom really wanted Soaring, I wanted the Ariel ride (last trip my kiddo got scared in line and feigned needing a potty break until she told me that she was really scared of Ursula). Beanie I know really wanted to see carsland (me too!!)

The app (which we used a ton this trip) said 50 min for Soaring but fastpass return was only an hour and a half away. So that was our first FP. Then we decided to take a walk to the pier area and do Little mermaid. It was maybe a 15 or 20 min listed wait.

IMG_9990.JPG

We asked the line attendant for help since this was our first line experience with moms chair and she said the line was large enough...and it was. Well that's easy! I was worried about stearing into people or not having space but it was totally fine. When we got closer to the actual ride they opened up a rope and ushered us to a wheelchair parking spot. It probably skipped us in front of maybe 30 people, however since they were given us the spiel on how to board and where the chair would be and checking if my mom needed the ride slowed down to board (she decided she didn't) I'd say we gain no actual advantage over anyone in front of us.

The ride was a clone of WDW but my sis had never been on it before and we all liked it. The ride felt like it was going really slow though which was fine with me.

We decided to show my sis the animation building and as we got close I remember monsters inc was back there. So that was our next ride. And again the wheelchair could go in the line and then they parked it for us while mom transferred in her own into the vehicle. Fun ride. At this point my mom was getting tired and so we took a break at the seats behind award wieners. She was feeling her hands cramp which meant she needed potassium so we got an orange juice at the juice stand on the corner.
I may have gotten a bright green sour apple lemonade (hey it matched my Tink stuff) with a weird lemon candy stick in it and bean got a pink fruity thing.
IMG_9773.JPG
Delish!

I was starting to feel the effects of the day as far as being a bit tired and "off" so going into the air conditioned animation building sounded lovely.
And we found the best pic spot in the opening.

IMG_9780.JPG
Insta-worthy!

Bean freaked out (in a happy way) that Turtle Talk with Crush was in here. She'd never seen it and I forgot they had it. So we got back row handicap seating. I liked how they incorporated all the finding dory characters into the show. My kiddo would have dug that! Tcha!

We enjoyed the beasts library too but I was bummed they had ariels workshop locked? Does it still exist or is that where they put Anna and Elsa? By the way apparently I'm Mulan. @AuntieBean who were you?

Then it was time to Soar!

IMG_9783.JPG
It was kinda weird that the indoor lines weren't very air conditioned cause I'm so used to WDW. But I was ok with it since it had really started to cooldown as we approached dinnertime. So the FP wait was so quick. Getting stuck on the ramp going down was TOUGH holding my mom back from barreling through the stopped crowd. Definitely used my calves big time. But we quickly got into a line. We ended up middle row and they literally parked moms chair right next to her hang glider seat since they put her on the end.

Ok so I've turned from a roller coaster nut into some kind of queasy motion sensitive person because something about being on the outside and the screen curving...I got a tad bit nauseous. But I loved the new video! We'd never soared over the world before...only over California. But that arctic part...I won't spoil it...but I'll just say I have a huge irrational fear of whales. So if you've been on it before...you know. Ahhhhhh!

I hope bean can add more pics because this is the point of the night I started getting some weird migraine/tummy thing. So sad and annoying. I soldiered on to dinner at wine country trattoria.

IMG_9991.JPG
It was a bit of a wait but we got a great table along the wall outside. I ordered a Pinot and lasagna. Mom had a Riesling and then a presecco (go mom!) and shrimp pasta and bean got a mai tai (very Italian of her!) and lasagna too. The lasagna was so cute as it came in a tin casserole dish but one smell and one bite and my stomach turned on me. I had to visit the bathroom a few times for fear of throwing up (but I didn't!). I was so bummed that I was at the perfect spot, in perfect weather with my perfect glass of wine and my system was just out of whack. i was so worried about mama feeling ok, that I shoulda made sure I was ok. In hindsight I shoulda had breakfast and drank more water and slept on the plane etc. but don't worry...my next two days I was 100% and had a magical time.

Mom agreed to head back to room with me (she was tired too) and beanie came with but I all but demanded she got back to the park later. I fell asleep at like 8ish which I guess was 10 our time at home and beanie did go back and took some epic night pics of radiator springs. Maybe she can chime in with her adventure @AuntieBean

So stay tuned for our magic morning and loads more pics....I took so many more!

Last edited:

Oh and I forgot one piece of advice. If you carry leftover lasagna back to your room, an army of DCA gnats (or whatever they were) will swarm above you until you do crazy dances and out maneuver them. Ugh...shudder. Anyone else get bugged there?

Last edited:
IMG_6068.JPG
About to head to the Expo!

IMG_6069.JPG The last time I was at Downtown Disney in FL I had the holiday Turkey Sandwich as well! It is Thanksgiving on a bun in May woo!

IMG_6070.JPG Thanks for the macaron Roxymama! They were cold so they were refreshing in the sunshine. Mine was very lemony.

IMG_6071.JPG From the line in the Monster's Inc ride - I texted this photo to my husband and asked him if he wanted a delicious can of Blort and he said Yes!

IMG_6072.JPG IMG_6073.JPG Beast's Library transition. My quiz said I was Lilo :)

IMG_6074.JPG We also explored The Bug's Life area and rode the bumper bugs and the silly caterpillar coaster.IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG We did have a really nice view while eating dinner. I don't drink wine but my Mai Tai was delicious. I'd get it again but choose something less heavy than lasagna. Roxymamamama's shrimp pasta was yum!

IMG_6077.JPG
I had to get a photo of the cutest Minnie outfit I've seen - I like the old Hollywood vibe of DCA characters.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to respond to your fear of whales. That's kinda weird.
I've never seen the new Soarin video, so I don't know why it's relevant, but it's still weird.
(Then again, I'm afraid of ghosts and aliens, so I probably am not one to talk)

I walked back to DCA around 9 and checked out a sneak preview of Cars 3 in the It's Tough To Be A Bug theater. They had all the special effects turned on and synced to the movie clips.IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG I also rode Fliks Flyers in a Chinese food container before I wandered around Cars Land taking some nighttime photos.

It was really really pretty. World of Color was ending and the park was closing down so I walked back to the room - I timed it and it took exactly 10 minutes to walk from DCA to our room :)

IMG_6080.JPG IMG_6081.JPG

The Guardians Ride isn't open but all lit up behind the Bug theater
IMG_6084.JPG

There is just something about Disney parks at night :)
IMG_6082.JPG IMG_6083.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to respond to your fear of whales. That's kinda weird.
I've never seen the new Soarin video, so I don't know why it's relevant, but it's still weird.
(Then again, I'm afraid of ghosts and aliens, so I probably am not one to talk)

I just don't like how big they are...especially when under water. Totally weird but they give me the heebie jeebies!

View attachment 238283
About to head to the Expo!

View attachment 238284 The last time I was at Downtown Disney in FL I had the holiday Turkey Sandwich as well! It is Thanksgiving on a bun in May woo!

View attachment 238285 Thanks for the macaron Roxymama! They were cold so they were refreshing in the sunshine. Mine was very lemony.

View attachment 238286 From the line in the Monster's Inc ride - I texted this photo to my husband and asked him if he wanted a delicious can of Blort and he said Yes!

View attachment 238287 View attachment 238288 Beast's Library transition. My quiz said I was Lilo :)

View attachment 238289 We also explored The Bug's Life area and rode the bumper bugs and the silly caterpillar coaster.View attachment 238290

View attachment 238291 We did have a really nice view while eating dinner. I don't drink wine but my Mai Tai was delicious. I'd get it again but choose something less heavy than lasagna. Roxymamamama's shrimp pasta was yum!

View attachment 238292
I had to get a photo of the cutest Minnie outfit I've seen - I like the old Hollywood vibe of DCA characters.

I totally forgot bugs land!!! I think we were the only ones on the bumper cars without kids. And they were slow moving...not too bumpery. But it was still fun. Mom just wanted to chill in a spot in the sun reading her kindle so we bumpered on our own. And the Heimlich ride was so weird and that's what made it kinda awesome.

Day 2, Saturday 5/13
Donut Castle and Dark Rides

So I woke up feeling human again and must have slept like a rock. Thank goodness for that. Even managed my favorite thing...a little run to get coffee...a slow moving enjoying the weather trek for this yummy thing. Standard hotel coffee...never did get Disney Starbucks as the lines were just insane every time. The sidewalks were a bit crowded already.
IMG_9994.JPG

Oh and today I decided to Rep Belle...kinda...with my sorta disneybound. I mean yellow shorts with red flowers count as belle right?
IMG_9995.JPG
My summer clothes were a bit baggy on me this trip but no complaints about that.
I think my chest and tummy teeny shrank a bit. Or my clothes have stretched :)
Beanie was disney bounding Star Wars stuff and got shoutout for her shirt multiple times.

The crowd wasn't so bad when we realized how many people were being turned away for not having magic morning (we got the one extra hour for buying a 3 day parkhopper). And before long we were in right at 8am!
IMG_9996.JPG

Tiny castle :)

IMG_9997.JPG

You can see it was a bit grey out which was actually quite pleasant.
Bean and I had one goal...fantasyland rides. And mom had one goal...eat a breakfast thing. So we kept our eye out as we headed to try for Alice ride first. I spotted a donut cart but we decided to ride one ride first.
Alice wasn't open yet...still ride testing. So we kept walking to Mr Toad...which wasn't open yet...rude testing. Kinda annoyed thinking rides should be open at 8!! But then a cast member started waving people through the line. Mom said to just park her chair that she could handle a short line and so we did that.

Toad selfie!
IMG_9795.JPG
There was basically no line so I had to be quick with my toad selfies..
IMG_9799.JPG
So I guess when not pushing my moms chair and my hands are free I get a lil pic happy? :)

Like this time I was in line with this blonde lady! Memories...

IMG_9796.JPG

Mr toad being our first DL ride was great. Bean drove mom and I was in my own car and I really think this was the first time in my life I rode a Disney ride by myself. And would you believe I still hooted and hollered and laughed almost more than when I'm with other people. What a weird ride...but I appreciate weird!

Then mom was like "ok food!!!" And I was kind of feeling the same way. Hard to pass up short lines but trying to learn from Friday's no breakfast headache fest I told bean to go crazy in fantasyland while we tracked down treats.

Jolly holiday opened at 9, so there was one obvious choice...
That donut cart by the castle!
IMG_9800.JPG
This was by far one of my fave memories of the trip. Something about us ordering crazy (fruity pebbles and Oreo) choices and finding a bench on the hub and just watching all the people reacting to and taking castle pics. It was just this moment of calm pleasantness.
And it was as so yum!
IMG_9801.JPG

And as we headed back in to FL before I could text her I heard "Bridget" and had no idea where it can from until I saw
IMG_9998.JPG

morning one cont...cause I ran out of pic space on this post :)

I live here now

So after spotting Bean whirling around the carousel mom decided she'd like to do that. I was a bit iffy on if she could get on or off a horse but I guess why not try.
IMG_9999.JPG

Mom quickly realized getting on a horse was a no-go but she found a lovely bench to "supervise her children" from.
IMG_0001.JPG

I think that donut wasn't quite enough sugar for ma to pull the sword out of the stone. Notice the line for Peter Pan behind her? We never did ride it because of that line.

IMG_0002.JPG

After this we tried out Snow Whites scary adventure (bean had already ridden it during donutfest) and this is where we were happy to hear from runners in line that the character stops for the 10k that morning were good. Gave me a little (ok a lot) of excitement for tomorrow's half marathon. I enjoyed seeing all the runner fashion too throughout the parks (various race weekend shirts and jackets and sparkly skirts, etc)

Then we did Pinocchio and here you can see why sun + extremely pale Irish gal = blinding selfies
IMG_0003.JPG
Ps...this ride had a stupid whale in it too. Luckily I'm cool with cartoon whales....sometimes.

We did a brief bathroom break close to red rose tavern (which we sadly didn't have time to eat at this weekend...so many reasons to come back!)
And Peter Pan was frolicking all over playing hide n seek with kids. It was adorable. Sleeping beauty next came out so we were clearly by a magical character portal. She waved to mom before Peter snuck behind her and scared her. So that was fun.

We attempted Alice next and the line was long. We couldn't figure out how to fit the chair in line and mom couldn't stand that long so bean said she read online to always ask the exit person for what to do. The exit guy said he'd scan our ticket and give us a return time and we were to come through the exit. So this is essentially a wheelchair fastpass but for a very specific time that equates to the wait time plus some.
With some time to kill and the app saying small world had basically no wait...we headed over.
IMG_0004.JPG
We were parking moms chair by the strollers to let her walk the brief line when a nice cast member came over and told us there were some stairs in line and that he'd just let her into the short handicap entrance and parked her chair for her at the exit. we learned you can only hold one return time at a time so it was nice of him to let us on since the ride was a walk on anyways.
IMG_0005.JPG
I loved finding all the dis characters in the ride. I wouldn't mind them adding those to WDW version. And I squealed TINK when I found her flying over England...cause I'm a big kid apparently :)

IMG_9812.JPG

It sure is!

Then finally Alice ride and my fave little place in line...which is where I now live forever
IMG_0006.JPG

Next up is dole whips and bayous :)

Last edited:
Those donuts look fun and tasty! Mr. Toad is the best, it's crazy & weird for sure! Peter Pan's line out there is insane, it loads so slow it makes WDW seem like a fast load. We accidently ended up in first thing in 2015 and it still took 45 minutes at park opening. Flying days always make me feel off as I know I never eat right, so glad you felt better your other days.

Yay so much Disneyland fun! First of all, your room is super cute! I love the color scheme. Those donuts look insane haha I'm a big donut person, so I think I may have to check that out when we go next year.
Oh and I LOVE your Tink jacket! It's funny because the jacket I got for PHM 2016 was my favorite souvenir from that trip and I still love to wear it. Putting it on is an easy way to be filled with all sorts of happy memories :) :)
t

Those donuts look fun and tasty! Mr. Toad is the best, it's crazy & weird for sure! Peter Pan's line out there is insane, it loads so slow it makes WDW seem like a fast load. We accidently ended up in first thing in 2015 and it still took 45 minutes at park opening. Flying days always make me feel off as I know I never eat right, so glad you felt better your other days.

Yeah I think flying days get me too. For our fall WDW trip I'm not gonna schedule anything until much later in the day. More downtime!

Yay so much Disneyland fun! First of all, your room is super cute! I love the color scheme. Those donuts look insane haha I'm a big donut person, so I think I may have to check that out when we go next year.
Oh and I LOVE your Tink jacket! It's funny because the jacket I got for PHM 2016 was my favorite souvenir from that trip and I still love to wear it. Putting it on is an easy way to be filled with all sorts of happy memories :) :)
t

So the donut cart seems to only be early morning. By about 10ish it was back to generic muffins and coffee.
I'm wearing my Tink jacket right now at the park with kiddo. Any excuse to wear it!!!!

Flowers and fireflies
I think after riding Alice (which I loved that ride even more than last time and I think they spruced it up quite a bit!) I think we headed to Adventureland. I could be wrong but I think we somehow never made it to frontier land this trip. Critter country for sure but I think we skipped frontier. Hmmmm...gotta go look at the map to see how we managed that.
Time to hear the flowers croon because
the Tiki Room had a nothing wait...just wait for the next show and Bean was in line for dole whips before I could even think to ask for one. She got a float and a regular one and we loved them!
IMG_9818.JPG
The umbrella really adds something. I was excited to use the secret Tiki room bathroom. Two stalls and no one in there. Thanks YouTube "DL tip" videos.
They let us in and we grabbed a front row bench. Literally everyone inside had dole whips. All 15 of us...it was not a packed show.
We sang along loudly and with no shyness...and sadly, no rum.
IMG_9819.JPG

After Tiki time mom wanted a sun break...so we found her a nice spot by benches and she told us to go ride the jungle cruise...so we did what we were told. Not a very long wait and Kaylie was quite funny. The more I "groan" at the jokes, the happier my voyage :)

Bean was excited to see Moana greeting nearby but the line was just too long for that and we skipped it. We did a lot of skipping things because of lines this trip but still managed to do a ton of stuff.

And then, unless I'm missing something, it was Blue Bayou time. We scheduled the 11:30am seating to try for a water table. And this would be my big meal for the day because I tend to do best eating big at lunch and having tiny dinners the nights before big races.
They let my mom park her chair in the old club 33 doorway...which felt like a fancy place to stand. Wish I got a pic.
But here's our great table!
IMG_9821.JPG
Right on the water next to the "shrimp" boat with clear view of pirate ride boats...well once our eyes adjusted to the darkness.

IMG_9822.JPG

Mom and I both had the salad which I loved and mom liked until she got a bit too much peppery taste. Maybe from the cracker?
IMG_0009.JPG

Bean's gumbo was really good...she let me sneak a taste. It would have been a good choice as a stand alone meal. Not too spicy.

IMG_9824.JPG
And yes I had Diet Coke but tried to drink so much water today too.

Mom had the steak (no pic) and I had the citrus chicken which I ate every last bite of except for the bone.
I was 20 times hungrier today than yesterday.

IMG_0011.JPG
Beanie got the "famous" Monte Cristo which looked amazing and kinda like a dessert
IMG_9826.JPG
But sadly she said it tasted so greasy she could barely eat it. I've read some reviews since and it seems people either love this or can barely finish one section. The waiter thankfully took it back and didn't charge her which I wasn't sure they'd do (we hadn't asked him to do that.) I think we are lucky that we have a lot of good non-fried local versions with French toast...this was a sad one to be a dud. Maybe we just got an over fried one????

But here's a few more pretty pics of our surroundings. It was really a cool atmosphere...like the Mexican pavilion in Epcot....but southern. My fave were the tiny fake fireflies and the cool shooting star on the ceiling.

IMG_9827.JPG
IMG_9828.JPG

I think after lunch we may have attempted riding pooh but it was down so we just shopped in the pooh area stores. Bean got a Minnie kissing Mickey baseball hat and I saw the perfect chip cup for kiddo that I made a mental note of to get it later. Then it was nearing time to meet up with the disboard members from our official tinkerbell race thread at Trader Sams patio so I parted ways with bean and mom. I know they saw Mickey and the Magical map but maybe @AuntieBean can fill in the holes of what else they got up to. So now I made my way out of the park stopping first for a big water and off to meet some internet friends and hope I wasn't too painfully awkward about it :)

Oh secret Tiki room bathroom! I like! That's great that the waiter took back the Monte Cristo. I'm definitely intrigued of how I would like that dish. It looks good!

The Dis-meet, an empty expo and a galactic goodnight
So I had a little time to kill on my way to the 2pm dis-meet near the DL hotel. So I took the opportunity to window shop around DTD. I was so stuffed from lunch that Sprinkles bakery (my original idea to kill time) just didn't sound as pleasant. But I found a cool woman's vintagey dress store called Vault 28 and held myself back from buying one of everything. I did fall in love with these ears that matched my outfit and were so comfy. I just HAD to get them.
IMG_9829.JPG

so different in color scheme than any I'd seen and I could repurpose them for my Fall trip. Plus they matched my outfit (did I mention that?)

A few more shops of time wasting and a bathroom break and it was exactly 2pm as I was walking up to trader sams patio. I'm so oddly punctual. Luckily I recognized @Ariel484 right away (the Inknburn mermaid pants were a big tip off too) and Vicki was there too. At least I wasn't first. I was so relieved to hear their reports that the 10k fixed a bunch of character problems from the 5k. Happy for those who ran it and happy it may mean my half the next day would be fun.
We ended up with a big crowd...enough to barely fit around a long table. I shoulda gotten a Tiki drink in hindsight but I got into "chatting mode" and just once I start talking....
Everyone was insanely nice and all the conversation was easy and not forced. I felt like I found "my people"! I kind of let time get away from me as I was hoping to finally get a sniff at the official expo merch so when it was like 40 min til close everyone at the table said "GO" and wished me luck in my spending. I wish I thought to take a group pic first!!!

So off to the expo which I found easier this time. No lines at all! Really mostly deserted. They had a lot of stuff left for sale.
I had so many things I picked up, carried around and then put back. Showed some restraint. But I couldn't say no to the wine glass, the sweatyband and a Mickey for kiddo. I was sad the Tink shoe ornaments were gone (just generic ones left) but then I saw the replica medal pins and I thought it would make a nice small ornament!!!
Here's my two day haul
IMG_9837.JPG
The strap is long on this pin...so I'll hang it on my tree this year :)
IMG_9836.JPG

I really liked the official race shirt and my jacket so I didn't buy any other clothes.
Heres me modeling my jacket.
IMG_9844.JPG

I did stand in one line when they were ushering everyone out. I finally got a expo backdrop pic. Although I kinda didn't know what to do with my hands since I didn't have a race bib to hold like everyone else.
IMG_0012.JPG

I headed back to my room where mom and bean were already hanging out. We spent a good amount of time just chilling and I got to FaceTime my kiddo. We decided to wait until dinnertime to head back to the park.

When deciding what to do I suggested we have a Bean night and do the starwars stuff. So we looked at menus and planned to first head to Galactic Grill for Star Wars themed easy food. First we got a return time for HyperSpace mountain which had an insane wait time...but plenty of time to eat and wander.
Mom had a C3PO burger and bean and I both did kids nugget meals. Sadly they were out of Darth by Chocolate :(

IMG_0013.JPG

We spent a lot of time in Star Traders where bean made two design-a-droids. One with Mickey ears. And explored the Star Wars launch bay. Tomorrowland was kind of nutty...the light saber churro line had to have maybe 40 people in it!!???
So when we went to the wheelchair spot for our return time there were sooooo many other wheelchair families waiting too. I think we waited another 20 minutes? It was very confusing but they can't have too many chairs parked by the ride exit at a time. Organized chaos.

Mom had decided to forego her wig at the hotel with just her hat on. So she braved space mountain with just her cute lil head...what a trooper! I thought she looked awesome :)

HyperSpace mountain is soooooo cooool! And so insanely fast. Did they speed it up. Our on ride pic was us basically all freaking out. Too bad I only had photopass for Sunday! Mom said she had to close her eyes. I hope she caught some glimpse of the awesome effects!

Not a lot of pics past this point. My legs were turning into cinder blocks. Which worried me for my early rise and race tomorrow. Bean found some wheelchair parade viewing by the opening to Main Street but it was tight. Mom looked stoked!
IMG_0014.JPG

I called an audible and said I was heading to bed. Bummed I'd miss the parade (thanks bean for videoing the Tink part) but I just knew my legs were toast.
At the hotel I nervously set everything out and did my mental pre-race checklist. And did what all the cool girls do on instagram with their outfits...
IMG_0015.JPG

This was it. I was worn out and scared I'd burned myself out and at the same time I was so so so so so excited. Luckily I was tired enough to fall asleep quickly.

The next morning...4:30am....
IMG_9847.JPG

To be continued tomorrow (I'm up too late tonight...deja vu)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter