13 Days of Disney - Everything We Never Knew We Always Wanted - June 2016 TR Update 1/30

The best part was when a woman who had to be in her 50’s at least basically crawled over my wheelchair and stepped directly onto my obviously injured foot so she could get a better angle to take her picture of the Welcome Show.
:eek: What a jerk. The complete lack of caring some people act out never seizes to amaze me!

Can you tell from my terrible picture where we went first?
20160613_085601.jpg

I’ve gotten the feeling from these boards that Jungle Cruise is a love it or hate it kind of attraction.
We LOVE that Jungle Cruise! I don't want to meet anyone who hates it. No room for that kind of negativity in my life :laughing:

Stopped for one more (EXTREMELY glamorous) picture on the way out.

20160613_112106.jpg
This is such a sweet photo! I'm going to try to convince my son to do something like this with me. We'll see how that goes lol

And Alex's room is incredible!

This is such a sweet photo! I'm going to try to convince my son to do something like this with me. We'll see how that goes lol

And Alex's room is incredible!

Good luck! I figure my days of getting him to pose for pictures like this are numbered, so I'm taking advantage of it now!

And thank you!

OMG! I love Alex's room! What little boy (or girl) wouldn't want a bedroom like that?

Thank you! Yet another lucky benefit of having my MIL for a grandmother. She came over while we were out of town a couple of years ago and did the kids' rooms up Disney style. They came home and were shocked. Cora's is Frozen, as her favorite color is blue and she still loves her some Elsa even though the fad has died down.

I have to share this little update - not about our last trip, but about our next one! We are officially booked to go back next June! I decided to reach out to one of the DVC owners we rented from for this past trip on the off chance that he had points available and he did. We will be headed back to BCV again on June 6th next year! I wanted a do-over because of my stupid foot. This time I intend to visit the Boardwalk, walk to DHS, and swim in Stormalong Bay!

So the first part of our trip is settled, but we still need to book the second. I'll probably wait a few months on that, though. We booked 6 nights at BCV again and would like to return to the MK area for 4 nights after that - a little bit shorter than this year, but still a decent amount of time. It's so nice having something in my MDE account again. I get sad when it's empty. Yes I know I have a problem! Just wanted to share with folks who can understand my excitement, as everyone in my personal life will likely roll their eyes and say "again???"

I have to share this little update - not about our last trip, but about our next one! We are officially booked to go back next June! I decided to reach out to one of the DVC owners we rented from for this past trip on the off chance that he had points available and he did. We will be headed back to BCV again on June 6th next year! I wanted a do-over because of my stupid foot. This time I intend to visit the Boardwalk, walk to DHS, and swim in Stormalong Bay!

So the first part of our trip is settled, but we still need to book the second. I'll probably wait a few months on that, though. We booked 6 nights at BCV again and would like to return to the MK area for 4 nights after that - a little bit shorter than this year, but still a decent amount of time. It's so nice having something in my MDE account again. I get sad when it's empty. Yes I know I have a problem! Just wanted to share with folks who can understand my excitement, as everyone in my personal life will likely roll their eyes and say "again???"

Sounds exciting! Please tell me you'll be doing another TR when you go next year as I'm already loving this one - I even have it saved in my favourites :rotfl:

Sounds exciting! Please tell me you'll be doing another TR when you go next year as I'm already loving this one - I even have it saved in my favourites :rotfl:

Aw, thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Before I started I was unsure of how my ramblings would be received. :laughing: I probably will end up doing another one for next year's trip. This is the first one I've done, but I'm enjoying getting to relive the trip and like that I have it documented so I have it to go back to relive again in the future.

Don't think I've joined in yet, but will now. We were there 6/11-17 and I love reading a report from when we were there. Love the costumes!

We need to form a Disney Anonymous group:rotfl2: I have 2 trips planned (December and next August), and I still haven't finished my report from March or started my report for July:sad2: I am also thinking of doing a Universal only trip with just DS and I over Memorial Day weekend, because DH will either be racing somewhere or attending the Indy 500.

My parents and I did the same thing in February when we visited MK for one day. We were a little bit late getting there (we were coming from Daytona and there was an accident on I-4), we went towards Adventureland first and got through most of that side of the park and Liberty square before 10am. I wanted to ride pirates, but it was down that morning, so we had to keep moving forward.

That is awesome for booking another trip next June. I am looking at booking DVC by renting some points for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary trip next Oct. (their anniversary isn't until Nov, but we are going to have a party here on their anniversary).

Yay for booking the BCV part of your trip next summer! I know what you mean about having nothing in MDE; it's so sad. :sad: I'm sad to not have a trip to Disney to look forward to, but by next summer I'll only be two years away from my next trip. I have to find the positive somehow. :rolleyes:

Congrats! I get the same way when my MDE is empty and I have no ticker - I think lots of us here do :o You deserve a re-do, and try not to step on anything sharp between now and then! Maybe you should get some really thick rubber-soled slippers and wear them around the house when you don't have shoes on.......;)

Wow...I had gotten really behind but I am glad to be all caught up again. Too much to comment on being I read a lot of updates this morning, but I wanted to say how much I am enjoying reading about your adventures. And I love the costumes! :love: Alex's room is too precious. So Toy Story authentic!

And one more...would like to shoot darts at the creep woman who climbed over your wheelchair and stepped on your hurt foot. What the crap is wrong with people? Have they no respect? Could go on and on, but I won't. The audacity! >:(

Anyhoo, looking forward to reading more and I'm excited you guys get to go back next year too! :yay:

Love the photos of Alex's room! Very nice! And wahoo on booking the first part of next June. We will overlap part of our trip (we are 6/3-6/11) so we will have to compare days as we get closer. I still have my rough plan but that may very well change as we get closer to 180 days out.

Envious of your BCV part 2 stay! Like I mentioned, it's on the list for the trip after this next one. The sad thing is, it could very well be 2020 before we are back after 2017, unless I can get my DH hooked on Disney!

You'll be there when I am next June! We're staying at the Caribbean Beach from the 3 to the 10, my birthday is the 7. :)
Love your trip report! Your children are PRECIOUS!

Don't think I've joined in yet, but will now. We were there 6/11-17 and I love reading a report from when we were there. Love the costumes!

Welcome! I like to read reports from when we were there too. I secretly enjoying scanning crowd shots to see if I can find us. :P
We need to form a Disney Anonymous group:rotfl2: I have 2 trips planned (December and next August), and I still haven't finished my report from March or started my report for July:sad2: I am also thinking of doing a Universal only trip with just DS and I over Memorial Day weekend, because DH will either be racing somewhere or attending the Indy 500.

Lol - At least I'm in good company! It's seriously a problem, but I'm just learning to accept it. I want to hear about your July DIS trip! And I need to get caught up on your March report. Such a great time to go.

My parents and I did the same thing in February when we visited MK for one day. We were a little bit late getting there (we were coming from Daytona and there was an accident on I-4), we went towards Adventureland first and got through most of that side of the park and Liberty square before 10am. I wanted to ride pirates, but it was down that morning, so we had to keep moving forward.

That is awesome for booking another trip next June. I am looking at booking DVC by renting some points for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary trip next Oct. (their anniversary isn't until Nov, but we are going to have a party here on their anniversary).

I love Adventureland RDs. It just stays deserted on that side of the park throughout the morning.

Good luck with your potential DVC point rental! It's not for everyone, but it has worked really well for us.

Yay for booking the BCV part of your trip next summer! I know what you mean about having nothing in MDE; it's so sad. :sad: I'm sad to not have a trip to Disney to look forward to, but by next summer I'll only be two years away from my next trip. I have to find the positive somehow. :rolleyes:

I definitely hear that. I have put a two year countdown in my phone with no shame. But you do have your wonderful cruise to look forward to, right?

Congrats! I get the same way when my MDE is empty and I have no ticker - I think lots of us here do :o You deserve a re-do, and try not to step on anything sharp between now and then! Maybe you should get some really thick rubber-soled slippers and wear them around the house when you don't have shoes on.......;)

Maybe that's why I feel so at home on the DIS. ;)

I am so paranoid about getting injured again before the next trip! I have been wearing house shoes CONSTANTLY, which my doctor says he fully supports lol.

Wow...I had gotten really behind but I am glad to be all caught up again. Too much to comment on being I read a lot of updates this morning, but I wanted to say how much I am enjoying reading about your adventures. And I love the costumes! :love: Alex's room is too precious. So Toy Story authentic!

And one more...would like to shoot darts at the creep woman who climbed over your wheelchair and stepped on your hurt foot. What the crap is wrong with people? Have they no respect? Could go on and on, but I won't. The audacity! >:(

Anyhoo, looking forward to reading more and I'm excited you guys get to go back next year too! :yay:

Thank you! Both for the kind words and the empathy about the creep woman. I seriously had to work really hard to hold onto my pixie dust in that moment. Some people...

Love the photos of Alex's room! Very nice! And wahoo on booking the first part of next June. We will overlap part of our trip (we are 6/3-6/11) so we will have to compare days as we get closer. I still have my rough plan but that may very well change as we get closer to 180 days out.

Envious of your BCV part 2 stay! Like I mentioned, it's on the list for the trip after this next one. The sad thing is, it could very well be 2020 before we are back after 2017, unless I can get my DH hooked on Disney!

Hooray for overlapping again! We will have to make a mini meet-up happen this time. At this point I know for sure we'll be in Epcot on Wednesday, 6/7, as we love starting in Epcot, but haven't gotten much further than that.

I hope you are able to hook your DH! Mine was also skeptical before our trip in 2013, but is now as addicted as I am. I'm jealous of your WL stay! That was actually the resort I most wanted to try next, but Cora really wanted to go back to BCV and I wanted a do-over because of everything I missed out on this time. I told Cora I'd leave it up to fate and reach out to our past DVC owner. If he had points he was willing to rent we'd do BCV again, otherwise I would look toward WL or AKL. We know how that one went now...

You'll be there when I am next June! We're staying at the Caribbean Beach from the 3 to the 10, my birthday is the 7. :)
Love your trip report! Your children are PRECIOUS!

Thank you! I'm so jealous that you will get to be there on your birthday! Mine is June 20th, so next year will be the second year in a row we just miss being there for it. However, a phone CM before the trip noted both my birthday and Alex's (not until July) on our reservation without me telling her to, so we both got told happy birthday regularly during the trip after scanning our MagicBands.

I know it's early but do you have plans for what you want to do on your birthday?

Day 8 – June 13: Magic Kingdom, Part 2

So I got things a little out of order. Between Woody and Jessie and our lunch at Be Our Guest there was one more thing – our FP at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! I read many complaints about the fit on this ride, but at as a 6’0” female who’s not exactly slim through the hips I have not had any problems. I don’t try to pull my lap bar down all the way and am able to sit comfortably through the ride.

Wee!
MK_MINETRAIN_7715028329.jpeg

Ok so back on track now. After lunch we used our second FP+ to meet Anna and Elsa.

Anna was up first.
20160613_112930.jpg

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7715109761.jpeg

Followed by Elsa. Notice Alex’s hands/arms in the pictures. He always does this when he is nervous to meet a character (refer back to the Evil Queen for previous example). Elsa is kind of a big deal in our house.
MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7715107943.jpeg

20160613_113045.jpg

20160613_113113.jpg

20160613_113125.jpg

After meeting A&E it was time to change into some costumes for our next meet - Aurora. This is where I REALLY dropped the ball. Alex’s Phillip costume is supposed to have a belt and boots but I forgot them both so instead he gets to hang loose in the shirt and wear Crocs. :cool1: Score one for mom! Cora’s dress is dually colored because my MIL thought it would be fun to make a dress that looked like the fairies were in mid-fight.

20160613_120954.jpg

We had a little time to kill before Aurora was scheduled to come out so we headed back into the shops. While in Castle Couture Alex was approached by some Fantasyland CM’s. They were trying to set him up to take Ginger here to the ball :wink wink: Of course he loved it. Here they are dancing all blurry and stuff.

20160613_114544.jpg

Next we headed over to what we hoped was Aurora’s meeting spot. Once again I found conflicting info on websites and the CM we asked told us Town Square was her meeting place, which I knew wasn’t right. Fortunately we chose the right spot and were first to see her when she came out. We had a lot of fun with this one so warning, a pic overload is coming your way…

She first bowed to and danced with Alex. My favorite is the kid being carried away on the far right side of the first photo.

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168693.jpeg

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168692.jpeg

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168691.jpeg

Then Cora was invited to join.

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168700.jpeg

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168701.jpeg

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168702.jpeg

Then they chatted a little and posed for pictures.

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168696.jpeg

MK_FANTASYLANDEASTWALLCHAR_7715168710.jpeg

We were all grinning from ear to ear by the end of this one. After, we stopped by the bathrooms near Pinocchio’s Village Haus to de-costume as it was hot hot hot! We then departed Fantasyland and began to make our way toward Frontierland for our final FP of the day.

To be continued!

How cute is Alex when meeting Elsa?!?! Refresh my memory - Did you meet them in the MK because the new spot in Norway was not open yet?

I love the Aurora meet! And the kid in the pic being carried away - priceless! We've all had moments like that at Disney.

Yes, I still have the Dream cruise next October to look forward to, thank goodness. I put a bug in DH's ear last night that maybe we could tack a night at Disney onto either the beginning or end of the cruise. He is for it as long as we can get decent airfare; we have to fly because I teach and we are on a tight schedule.

How cute is Alex when meeting Elsa?!?! Refresh my memory - Did you meet them in the MK because the new spot in Norway was not open yet?

I love the Aurora meet! And the kid in the pic being carried away - priceless! We've all had moments like that at Disney.

Yes, I still have the Dream cruise next October to look forward to, thank goodness. I put a bug in DH's ear last night that maybe we could tack a night at Disney onto either the beginning or end of the cruise. He is for it as long as we can get decent airfare; we have to fly because I teach and we are on a tight schedule.

Alex meeting Elsa cracks me up! :) Yes, we met them in MK because Norway wasn't open yet. The Norway spot did open while we were still there, but I wanted to do the MK meet because I wasn't sure what wait times would be like in Norway and we had the guaranteed FP in MK. Now I know that wait times don't seem to be a problem but it was still a mystery when planning this trip.

And totally with the kid in that picture lol. I had several moments like that with Alex on our first trip when he was a 2 year old...most of them in Animal Kingdom...

Yay for possibly being able to add a day at WDW to your cruise! I would struggle to be that close and not visit. However, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time either way!

Lol - At least I'm in good company! It's seriously a problem, but I'm just learning to accept it. I want to hear about your July DIS trip! And I need to get caught up on your March report. Such a great time to go.

I have been derelict in my reporting duties. Work got so busy when we got back, that I haven't had a chance. Stuff is calming down, so I am hoping to start up again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter