13 Year old gir declared brain dead has now officially died

Well, honestly, I think her mom knew quite well that she was decomposing that’s why she was always covered up to her neck in blankets, they painted/put fake nails on her, and put sunglasses on her for pictures. They were trying to hide it.
...okay, that is wrong on SO MANY LEVELS.

EDIT: I cannot even BEGIN to imagine the pain, heartache, and unimaginable suffering those parents went through, but at some point one must deal with the realities of the situation. I pray that I would never have to be faced with making that decision.

Last edited:
I clicked on the latest link and followed the path to some pictures of her. Not to be disrespectful but she didn’t look like a girl who was in a coma or who was alive and just ‘sleeping’, she looked like a dead body.
....ITA.....I just googled it, and yes, she very much looks like someone I'd be paying my last respects to at a funeral parlor.

Unfortunately, i have lived this nightmare. My only daughter was hit by a hit and run. She was in a similar state for two months but with no machinery hooked up. As nothing happens without a reason, a couple of years before she had worked in a hospital setting where they had children that had never woken for different health reasons. She told me that if she was ever in the same situation that she did not want to be left that way. Luckily i did not have to make the decision. She died after two months on her own. I think prolonging the death is for the family and not the patient. May this little girl rest in peace.

Unfortunately, i have lived this nightmare. My only daughter was hit by a hit and run. She was in a similar state for two months but with no machinery hooked up. As nothing happens without a reason, a couple of years before she had worked in a hospital setting where they had children that had never woken for different health reasons. She told me that if she was ever in the same situation that she did not want to be left that way. Luckily i did not have to make the decision. She died after two months on her own. I think prolonging the death is for the family and not the patient. May this little girl rest in peace.
....couldn't have said it better myself.....and I am deeply sorry for your loss. :hug:

I am so very sorry! A nightmare indeed. I cannot even imagine {{hugs}}.

Finally buried.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/0...-whose-brain-death-captured-worlds-attention/

And I take exception to the change in the topic title. She was officially dead as of December 12, 2013. There were multiple determinations of brain death that without a doubt found her brain to have completely ceased activity. Their attorney is seizing on the lack of that being noted in the California death certificate as meaning it was invalid.

Pages%2Bfrom%2BMCMATH_UCSF_demurrer_June_2015.jpg

Her mother talks about the doctors stealing her daughters dignity. "Not on my call." I'm guessing she meant, not on my watch. But it wasn't the doctors that stripped that girl of her dignity. It was her mama.

Thank god. This poor girl deserves to be allowed to die. All her dignity has been stolen from her already.

That said, make sure you have a legal living will in place. Make sure this can never happen to you.

Thank god. This poor girl deserves to be allowed to die. All her dignity has been stolen from her already.

That said, make sure you have a legal living will in place. Make sure this can never happen to you.

She is most assuredly dead and buried right now. Apparently it cost about $3 million paid for by New Jersey taxpayers to fund the costs of equipment, medication, and personnel - but after all that they finally pulled the plug.

Also - she was only 13 at the time of the surgery, so I'm not sure that any will from her would be enforceable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter