13 yr old boy gift suggestions

tinkerbellandpeterpan

DIS Veteran
My mom got a 13 year old boy from the angel tree at church. That's all the information that she has. She always tries to pick the older kids since a lot of people take the younger ones since they are a bit easier and cheaper to shop for. She wants to spend no more than $50. Any good suggestions? We've been brainstorming, but I thought I would ask here to see what comes up. Thank you!

Definitely do something fun and games, but I agree with the hat and gloves that jimmy mentioned. I'd even go one step further and think about socks and underwear as well. Those of the kinds of things that can mean just as much as a toy to a child with limited resources.

Hoodie, tech gloves (the ones you can use a cell phone with), LED room lights, gift cards for food and oddly enough squishmallows are still popular.

I believe the plan is to buy a few things. She definitely wants to do some practical and some just for fun. Thank you for all the suggestions so far....it seems like we are on the right track. And I totally forgot about something Nerf but I feel like that's always a hit. Great ideas everyone and super helpful.

If you don't have sizes I recommend holding off on clothes and even gloves or socks because sizes can vary a lot at that age. DS12 turns 13 in February and is almost as tall as me and I'm 5'7." He wears an Adult Large. One of his best friends is a few months older than him but looks tiny next to my son and looks 3 years younger. He still wears boys' clothes. Most of his other friends are somewhere in between. Another friend of his though just turned 14 and he's 6' tall.

If you do know sizes a cool oversized hoodie is a safe bet. Hoodies are big with boys at that age. Nerf is also popular

My son was 13 last Christmas. Hoodies is where it's at, let me tell you. At his age, he was an adult small or medium. Don't get kid sizes anymore, even that XL 18/20. Proportions aren't right for a growing teen.

My 13 was too old for Nerf at that age, although they are absolutely fun.

Last year these were the hits: LED lights were a huge hit (they are so inexpensive and a teen could dress up his room, bed, desk, whatever)Cool, edgy sunglasses (think Pit Viper but the generic on Amazon are just as cool); pajamas (no character or anything, getting too old for that); ; any kind of headphones would be a hit too (wireless/bluetooth); team items if you live near a popular football or baseball team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter