• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$139 club level ar RP?

kdmak

Earning My Ears
I already had a pool view at Rp booked for Dec. I used Ent. discount and got $109 nt. After reading about people getting club level for 139 I called them back and was told that club level is $159. When I originally booked they said I could not use Ent discount for club level and the rate would be $229. Compared to 229, 159 sounds great but I'm wondering how some of you got 139. Thanks.

Not 100% sure, but I think that was a Fan Club rate, or Fan Club and or Ent. Rate...

You are right, tinkerbarb. It is the Fan Club rate. I got it for December also (139.00 club level).

Funny thing is when I called to ask about it they said they could give me a pool view for 99. I was fine with the 109, but sure I'll take it. This was an offer that doesn't require any kind of codes. I was going to have to buy an Ent. book, but now I won't have to.Is it worth$40 to upgrade to club level.We have 2 adults and a 4 and 6 yr. old. We will also be renting a car, so we can pick up some snacks on our own.

Hey kdmak! I just noticed you are a Rhode Islander! I am from RI (but now live in NC) and always consider it home.

Anyway, back to the USF stuff. I guess the club level stuff is up to the individual. Before I stayed at concierge at AKL, I could have cared less about that stuff. We always had drinks and snacks (and probably still will), but there was something special about staying in an area that required a special key in the elevator! I don't know, it just seemed worth it for that special treatment. And with having kids (which we don't), I would think it would make it even more desirable. Just my opinion.

I've only stayed on club level at HRH but I would pay an extra $40. It was worth it to be able to walk to breakfast (even though it was continental style) and to be able to grab a cold drink and snack in the evenings.

I have a ressie for June 19-26. I have talked to 3 different people at the reservation # & have asked about the $139.00 club level that I have read about on this site. I was told by everyone that they have never heard of the $139.00 rate. I do have a fan club card & an entertainment card. Should I keep trying. Maybe it isn't available for our time since they will be just opening. What do you think?:rolleyes:

I had the same experience. No one knows what I was talking about. Maybe it was a promotional type thing. I am going to be at their during October so I don't think it matters when you were going to be there, just some people made the reservations a certain time.

I booked a room at the Royal Pacific Resort the first week of January for $139 a night, Club level for 3 nights the end of August. But they were just beginning to take reservations ( end of Nov. or Dec. I think ) and sales were down because of 9/11 and the lack of people flying. I had a feeling the rates might change once spring came around and all was well in the air. I think the $139 Club room rate was a promotional rate for the first couple months or until they decided to end it. You did need a Fan Club membership card to receive the $139 rate.

RobinLyn:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter