14th Floor Park View Corner Suite Upgrade!

soldiermedic

Earning My Ears
The Disneyland Hotel is incredible! I am a Soldier deployed in Iraq. For a long time I was told I would not get my 2 weeks R&R home because we were so close to the end of the War in Iraq. They told me they extended R&R and that I was going to be able to go home. I convinced my wife to let us stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I always wanted to stay because I am a Disney nut, unfortunately it was always a bit out of my price range, but this was a special occasion. While in Iraq I tried to call the reservation department from a morale phone, but the morale phone cuts you off after 15 minutes. After not being able to get through to the reservation department (twice) before being cut off, I called the hotel operator. The operator herself booked me a room. Then while I was still in Iraq, VIP services called my wife and asked a few questions. Weeks later I got home and we finally arrived at the Disneyland hotel. When I checked in, the lady at registration asked me to wait and went to the back room. Then another lady in a suit came out and finished my check in and gave us a portfolio. She told us our room was not quite ready and she would call us when it was with the room number. I thought it was wonderful that this lady (Nikki) helped us but was wondering why? Nikki called us and left a message with our room number and told us it was on the 14th floor. I told my wife that they must upgraded our room for us. We got to the Frontier Tower went into the elevator and was suprised to see the 14th floor was the top floor. We walked down the hallway and found our room at the end of the hallway with the double doors. We went in our room and discovered it was the corner suite with a full park view. This suite is incredible. It has a kitchenette, living room, 1 & 1/2 baths, bedroom and 3 balconies. The views are awesome. This place is bigger than my apartment. I can not even imagine what the price of a place like this would be. This was extremely generous of the staff to do this for us and I can't thank them enough. This is a once in a lifetime experience which our family will never forget. Just wanted everyone to know about how great Disney is. This is why I am such a fan. :wizard:

What a wonderful thing to experience!! Congrats on your upgrade! Enjoy it!! And Thank You for your service to our country.

So very very cool! I second what has already been said, thank you so very much for your service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter