16 nights of Summer fun - Live Trip Report

Are you planning on going to Busch Gardens this trip? We haven't been for before the children were born but are spending a few days at Madeira Beach before our Aug SSR stay and think we'll go. From your previous trip reports you have really liked it...

Are you planning on going to Busch Gardens this trip? We haven't been for before the children were born but are spending a few days at Madeira Beach before our Aug SSR stay and think we'll go. From your previous trip reports you have really liked it...
Unfortunately not, we had it on the list to do but with all the poor weather we have had we have postponed Busch until we are back in Sept. In Sept our AP's for Disney will have expired so we can then do Busch & SW.

your transatlantic cruise? or are you going on one before that?
Yes for our TA cruise. We upgraded to a balcony cabin for £199 for the 14 nights but it was GTY (They allocate cabin) we were allocated our cabin a few days ago and they have given us one of the accessible cabins at the back of the ship, its an oversized cabin with additional fridge (for meds but can be used for drinks) sleeps 5 instead of the 3 we need and oversized balcony with 2 chairs, table and 2 sun loungers. All this is from reviews I have read so won't know for sure til we get onboard but sounds better than we were expecting.

Tuesday we went to DTD for Matt to get something. It's his Birthday on the 26th and relatives are giving him cash so he bought a piece of artwork/memorabilia, pic of the item below plus another of him stood next to the original in MK.
Next to Celebration for lunch at the Market St. Café, really nice again:goodvibes
We were then going to go back to the hotel for a swim but it poured it down yet again.
Spent the evening in the Studios, had a counter service meal and managed to catch the Frozen fireworks again, set to music really well.

Wednesday we started off in SeaWorld but again the rain came down so we only stayed a couple of hours. Couldn't do a great deal it was so bad. Eventually it started clearing so we went to the Cheesecake factory, great food yet again. MK was open til 1am so decided to go there. Really good evening.

Wednesday we started off in SeaWorld but again the rain came down so we only stayed a couple of hours. Couldn't do a great deal it was so bad.

OMG!!! you should have had your swimsuit at sea world!!!!! or maybe a life preserver! :eek:

Yes for our TA cruise. We upgraded to a balcony cabin for £199 for the 14 nights but it was GTY (They allocate cabin) we were allocated our cabin a few days ago and they have given us one of the accessible cabins at the back of the ship, its an oversized cabin with additional fridge (for meds but can be used for drinks) sleeps 5 instead of the 3 we need and oversized balcony with 2 chairs, table and 2 sun loungers. All this is from reviews I have read so won't know for sure til we get onboard but sounds better than we were expecting.

wow!!! having an oversized balcony at the back will be really nice i think!!!
you can sit there and stare at the wake!! i mean that...i find that view very hypnotic!!
and having an oversize room for a 14 day cruise is nothing to sneeze at!
that should make it that much nicer!!!!
i am soooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of your TA cruise..
i hope one day i'll be able to take the time!!

Your cabin allocation sounds excellent. Should make your anniversary cruise all the more special :)

We upgraded to a balcony cabin for £199 for the 14 nights but it was GTY (They allocate cabin) we were allocated our cabin a few days ago and they have given us one of the accessible cabins at the back of the ship, its an oversized cabin with additional fridge (for meds but can be used for drinks) sleeps 5 instead of the 3 we need and oversized balcony with 2 chairs, table and 2 sun loungers. All this is from reviews I have read so won't know for sure til we get onboard but sounds better than we were expecting.

We stayed in one of the accessible cabins on the Dream. It was great, really spacious with two nice big windows. It felt like a hotel room. It'll be hard going back to a regular-sized cabin after that... (unless it happens again, as we've booked another GTY for our November cruise!).

38, hopefully we will enjoy it there.:goodvibes

i'm sure you will!!
i know you're not big on them, but i love having a balcony!!
if nothing else, to watch as the ship pulls into port early in the morning...

i think you're going to have a really nice view back there - to both port and starboard, as well as stern..a really nice wide view....cool!!!!

Today's your last day I think; well you've certainly packed a lot in, and a lot of different stuff. It's been great being along, and reading Matt's blog too :flower3:

I'll be interested to know how you fare in your cabin on your TA cruise, mostly because I'm a poor sailor (Isle of Man ferries in childhood, sailing to Denmark and even crossing the Channel as an adult :rolleyes2) but I've chosen a cabin at the back of the ship for next year's Alaskan cruise (not Disney), when common sense tells me I should have gone for the middle! I liked the idea of the wake views so hope I don't live to regret the decision. Could still be changed though .....

Hope your last day in MK is not blighted by rain and that you have a good flight back :goodvibes

No rain on our last day thankfully.
Sat in MCO now waiting for our flight. Thomas cook are way more strict than VA. Coming out VA check in agent told us they allow up to 25kg and didn't weigh hand luggage. TC weighed everything and very strict 6kg hand & 23kg hold. Also a farce with different companies, we booked with Condor and got 23kg, next to us were a family with only 20kg TC allowance.

Moved the thread to TR forum, will finish off at home, it was a late night in MK 1am before we got back to the room.

Welcome home. Thanks for the great TR as always! Good to have the heads up on TC as we're flying out with them before the TA in May. We've added an extra bag for all of our extra cruise outfits. I hope the planning is going well for your TA, not long now! :)

Welcome home. Thanks for the great TR as always! Good to have the heads up on TC as we're flying out with them before the TA in May. We've added an extra bag for all of our extra cruise outfits. I hope the planning is going well for your TA, not long now! :)

TC are definitely not my preferred airline but they got us home at a reasonable price (£200pp compared to VA who wanted £1,000pp)
No online check in so 50 mins in line(arriving almost 4 hours to take off), mega strict on luggage, not the comfiest seats (although legroom seems slightly better than VA)
I was expecting them to charge for alcohol (which we don't drink on planes) but never expected to have to pay for soda or water, cost me £1.80/can x 4 = £7.20. Its 21 years since I last had to buy a soft drink on a transatlantic plane.
Free IFE is very poor, they charge £3pp to upgrade to their Premium service but no idea what you get for that. Plus a fee for headphones if you want them.
We got a meal and a snack included booking thru Condor, most people got them but a few didn't (again like luggage allowance check your booking, could be package/flight only difference)
I thought VA were penny pinching but TC take it to a new level. :rotfl:
On the whole not the best airline to go with but as I said the price was right, we got home 20 mins early, luggage was off in no time and we back home in bed for 7:30am. I am sure I would use again if the saving was enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter