1900 Park Fare Reopening April 10

+ @Newsies @HopperFan ... we've seen the same actor as the Queen at Artist Point over a few years now, and I hope she stays. I feel like the best stepsisters we ever met were like that too. I have 2 girls and they spent a lot of time with them and really played up the sister-rivalry thing.
The Queen at Arist Point is amazing!

What I also think could've played a factor in removing Mary Poppins and Alice In Wonderland and the Stepsisters and The Mad Hatter from 1900 Park Fare is I think they might have plans for a British themed breakfast at the Rose And Crown Restaurant and they will make Mary Poppins and Alice In Wonderland along with The Mad Hatter the stars of the British themed character breakfast. But what I also think 1900 Park Fare could've done was make a princess breakfast themed like a tea party where you could meet Snow White Cinderella Sleeping Beauty Belle and Ariel and a random mystery princess who would join the "tea party". But if they are gonna add Aladdin shouldn't Jasmine be with him too to join in this new character breakfast? But in my eyes I think why 1900 Park Fare began this breakfast was because Disney wants to focus on the characters that are popular with the new generation of children such as Aladdin Mirabel Raya Tiana and Rapunzel while the older kids and adults grew up with Mary Poppins Alice In Wonderland Winnie The Pooh and Cinderella. But I think it's simply because Disney doesn't want all the Alice In Wonderland Mary Poppins and The Mad Hatter character actors to overdo themselves because when you look at it I think The Mad Hatter and Alice In Wonderland are the most difficult face characters to cast with Mary Poppins second. Because when you look at the general picture character actors that have to play characters at the character breakfasts probably have the hardest job of all and then when the character breakfasts are over Disney gives the character actors that perform a small sum of money then they can take breaks after their job is done. But as I mentioned in my earlier post 1900 Park Fare will most likely raise the prices on the new character breakfast once the restaurant reopens April 10th.
Do you agree?

No idea on the Rose and Crown thing (I'd personally enjoy that), but there are already 2 full on princess meals on property. No need for another.

The longer I think about this, the more I wonder how much of this was a true executive creative decision and how much of it was Resort Ops and Entertainment having to come together on a solution for getting 1900 Park Fare up and running as a character dining experience as quickly as possible.

A mere FOUR YEARS after closing. :rotfl2:

That's just a blink of an eye in Disney years when it comes to opening stuff. :jester:

When it comes to popular restaurants in Disney Parks and resorts Disney Restaurants have always wanted to attract the popular visitors with the character breakfasts and as I mentioned in my earlier post I think Disney is trying to morph 1900 Park Fare into the Grand Floridian version of Goofy's Kitchen and I can bet there will be disappointment when it reopens April 12th. Because I find the character changes odd and what's odd about it is why is Aladdin by himself solo in this new breakfast when Jasmine should've been with him and they should've replaced him with Asha because when you have Aladdin characters Aladdin and Jasmine always meet guests together. And why is Tiana also solo when Prince Naveen should've been added to the new breakfast as well. I can also see 1900 Park Fare adding a new breakfast menu probably an expanded breakfast buffet will also be added. And just I have mentioned the prices for the new character breakfast will skyrocket at 1900 Park Fare

When it comes to popular restaurants in Disney Parks and resorts Disney Restaurants have always wanted to attract the popular visitors with the character breakfasts and as I mentioned in my earlier post I think Disney is trying to morph 1900 Park Fare into the Grand Floridian version of Goofy's Kitchen and I can bet there will be disappointment when it reopens April 12th. Because I find the character changes odd and what's odd about it is why is Aladdin by himself solo in this new breakfast when Jasmine should've been with him and they should've replaced him with Asha because when you have Aladdin characters Aladdin and Jasmine always meet guests together. And why is Tiana also solo when Prince Naveen should've been added to the new breakfast as well. I can also see 1900 Park Fare adding a new breakfast menu probably an expanded breakfast buffet will also be added. And just I have mentioned the prices for the new character breakfast will skyrocket at 1900 Park Fare
They are solo because pairs double the cost. Even when Ariel and Eric and Rapunzel and Flynn met at the Bon Voyage breakfast, they still met guests separately.

They are solo because pairs double the cost. Even when Ariel and Eric and Rapunzel and Flynn met at the Bon Voyage breakfast, they still met guests separately.

They came to the tables separately but had interactions with each other during the meal.

If WDW has readers here, they need to take heed. Talk about letting the air out of the balloon via the entertainment cast changes. Whatever strategies they used to come up with the new lineup will surely soon be tweaked. I just don’t see folks flocking to see this gang other than the FOMO sorts for first month or so.

Agree. We used to love to do the dinner because of this. We have pics and video of DS when he was about 12 or 13 and one of the stepsisters was gently teasing him, trying to give him a kiss on the cheek. He was so embarrassed but laughing also. It was a great interaction we'll always remember. We were always entertained by the banter as well.
Same, it’s one of those moments that stands out over too many trips to count.

would always get excited seeing the Tremaine family at special events in the parks
So, like Disney does best....they take something that doesn't need fixing, and they re-do it for absolutely no good reason.
Oh, there’s a reason. their bottom line. The same as the dumbed down food options in all the restaurants which can’t still be blamed on supply chain issues.

Couldn't wait for this to reopen. Loved the Tremaines and the antics of the step sisters at dinner. Lovely place to find Alice and Marry Poppins for breakfast. Think we will be passing on this with the new characters. Don't see the logic in removing the British characters from the Victorian British themed resort.
Same, it was a let down to get excited to see it coming back, then hearing it really wasn’t. IMO removing those core characters also removes the inherent charm of the experience
We often stay at Grand Floridian, and dinner at 1900 Park Fare was our arrival night tradition. So... super excited here.
Our first stay there end of April (finally able to book something that worked on points a few weeks ago), was excited. Even more so to add on 1900 once it was announced. HA, that first night’s dinner will be at steakhouse 71 & we’ll get the kiddo her character meal with Stitch & Lilo instead.
If only they were raking in record profits due to ruthless price increases, and could afford to pay CMs more to attract talented performers...
i’d laugh but, too disgruntled
why is Aladdin by himself solo in this new breakfast when Jasmine should've been with him
It does seem rather odd to be so disjointed. If the Wish theme fell apart, how hard is it to cast for other beloved face characters? They need to take a hint, if a movie tanks, don’t try to shove the characters down our throats.

Tiana will very likely get her own digs, kick out Pecos Bill. Maybe one of the country bears will fill in for her, or oogie boogie (actually, I’d be the 1st in line if so :)).

disjointed? Granted, yet makes as about as much sense as any of the other castings. :rolleyes1

I learned more info on the 1900 Park Fare Reopening on April 10th from Youtube and from what I learned is that 1900 Park Fare will be carousel themed along with a new sign and Big Bertha "The famous 1900 Park Fare antique organ" will be on display at the new entrance and there will be new foods as well as familiar favorites and the return of the famous strawberry soup. The new menu of new foods will be themed to the characters featured in the new character breakfast. As for characters Youtube doesn't say when or if Alice In Wonderland or Mad Hatter will return or Mary Poppins and Bert will make a comeback to 1900 Park Fare. But the Youtube video did mention in the future Jasmine will join Aladdin but they are not for sure yet

I learned more info on the 1900 Park Fare Reopening on April 10th from Youtube and from what I learned is that 1900 Park Fare will be carousel themed along with a new sign and Big Bertha "The famous 1900 Park Fare antique organ" will be on display at the new entrance and there will be new foods as well as familiar favorites and the return of the famous strawberry soup. The new menu of new foods will be themed to the characters featured in the new character breakfast. As for characters Youtube doesn't say when or if Alice In Wonderland or Mad Hatter will return or Mary Poppins and Bert will make a comeback to 1900 Park Fare. But the Youtube video did mention in the future Jasmine will join Aladdin but they are not for sure yet

There’s nothing new there. That’s all the exact same info that was released with the original announcement on February 8th. They don’t say if Mary Poppins, Burt, Mad Hatter etc will return because Disney hasn’t announced anything about those characters. Someone on You Tube just gave you the original announcement in their own words.

Reservations are open through May 7th. Looks like more early mornings for me while I try to see when May 11th goes online. 🙃

Thanks all! I grabbed a breakfast resy April 26th. Still no more details on theme or menu … looking forward to finding out!

figures I want May 10th. I wonder why it only goes until the 7th ?
Something tells me it involved a calendar, a blindfold, and a set of darts. :jester: Hopefully more dates to come soon!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter