1BR ocean view - Dec 22-29 @ 7 months

PowerGuru

Earning My Ears
Hello ,
we just came back from a 8 day trip to Aulani. We couldn’t get through to our DVC membership because we didn’t have enough points when we planned. So bought the hotel stay through Costco. It was expensive. We plan to go again but through DVC.

Anyone can share their experience of getting for December 22-29 week for 1BR ocean view at 7 months?

Thank you.

Hmm, I'm looking to do similar for 2023, but Dec 29th to Jan 6th using Poly points at 7 months. Although I'm flexible to get a studio or even hotel room. Guess I'll try to figure out a backup plan.

Hmm, I'm looking to do similar for 2023, but Dec 29th to Jan 6th using Poly points at 7 months. Although I'm flexible to get a studio or even hotel room. Guess I'll try to figure out a backup plan.
Hotel room is actually the least likely, followed by studios. You need to have OV 1BRR points to really have a shot in those dates. There are only 8 hotel rooms on points, and they are often gone before 10 months, let alone 7, year round.

Anyone can share their experience of getting for December 22-29 week for 1BR ocean view at 7 months?
OV 1BR is most likely. The other views are usually missing days well before the 7 month window opens. You may need to use waitlist strategically.

What does it mean to use a waitlist strategically in this context?
If you go to book your first day, and it is home, wait-list and then get up the next day. Book any days you can of the 7 and use your 2 wait-list against the days that continue with the days you have booked. If they fill, add another wait-list for additional days missing. Repeat and stalk.

Christmas week is one of the busiest times at Aulani. Have you considered renting out your Poly points to rent Aulani points for your desired trip?

One year when we didn't have our AUL contract yet, we rented our VGC points to rent AUL points. We wanted specific dates in June which were always in high demand, so we were able to book at the 11 month mark.

Best of luck with securing your dates.

@PowerGuru We own at Aulani and finding rooms that week at 10 months can be a stretch... I normally have to book right at 11 months to find anything but OV rooms (I'm not a view guy). I'm not saying you won't get it but I will say you probably need a plan B if you already bought flights

Might consider renting points for this trip and then put the points you would have spent in the rental pool to pay for it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter