1st Cruise, 1st TR: A Tale of a Little Sea Sickness (Or A Lot) - Fantasy Jan '15 [COMPLETED July 11]

Jessica will be posting another update tonight! Thanks for your patience. It's been a busy time as we're getting ready to move out!!

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 6: Day at Sea! [Part 1: Remy Brunch]

CRUISE DAY 6: Day at Sea! (with Remy brunch)

Our highlight this day was that we booked our Remy brunch. So really, that meant we slept in until it was time to get ready and get dressed for our brunch!

When we checked in, two of the guys in our party’s shoes weren’t quite dressy enough… they still counted as “sports shoes” so they were required to borrow some and change into those. We didn’t have to wait really long before we were brought in with the rest of the group for that time sitting.

When we got to the pre-course room, we were all given a glass of champagne (I think it was a Taittinger Brut reserve… but don’t quote me on this I’m not good with bottles) and a plate each of pre-sliced Jamón Iberico. (Before coming to this brunch, G had been obsessed with trying some Jamón Iberico because… in all honesty, because in an episode of Brooklyn 99, Boyle went ham about it [excuse my awful pun, ha..ha…] Since then we became obsessed with trying some and when ever we would have other, cheaper cured meats we would say we must try some Jamón Iberico!!) I don’t remember how long they said ours was cured for… but according to my search on wikipedia, a basic jamón iberico starts at $52 a pound and can go upwards of $96 a pound making these hams one of the most expensive in the world. So we all got a small tasting of it. Long story short: IT WAS TASTY! Wow!!!

After this, we were met by our server and brought to our table. On our way we passed the little glass model of Remy himself! We were also told of the champagne pairing we could add on, but as none of us are THAT big on champagne so we chose to pass on this. (The ladies at a table next to us did this though, and in the end they even purchased a full sized bottle. I think they enjoyed it.)

oWWSJNx.jpg

Sitting atop some petal lights there.

When we got to our table, we each received a copy of our menus. Mine was a bit different than the others, as mine was customized for my dairy allergy.

pv1MaIe.jpg

Dairy allergy menu. [Looks like it was a Taittinger for our champagne!]

vCSkwXF.jpg

G after eating some breads haha.

87cGoYU.jpg

He caught a snap of me taking in our view…

The bread was paired with butter and coarse sea salt. I had mine with olive oil.

AND HERE IS MY FOOD!!

kGqcS45.jpg

Tomates, Gressin, Tarte fine

GfhF4Yc.jpg

Lobster and Mango Salad

n3xFR4b.jpg

Halibut, Spinach, Sauce Thai

lxnbKZi.jpg

Berkshire Pork, Veal Jus

yXdMqz9.jpg

Fruit Salad

In all honesty, when each dish came out I didn’t think it was a lot of food, but by the end of it I felt quite satisfied with all the portions. My favourite food dish was the lobster and mango salad. Not only did I think it looked great, it was also flavours I personally really enjoy anyways. The most surprising dish to me, was actually the fruit salad. When I originally saw “fruit salad” on the menu I was a little bit disappointed in what I would be getting for my dessert, as I read the menu for the boys’ and theirs was pastries. I was expecting the fruit salad to be basically full of stuff I don’t really like… like pineapples and melons. BUT ALAS it was more a berry salad than fruit. MY FAVOURITE KINDS OF FRUIT!!! I was overly excited.

M0dSB5W.jpg

For some reason, I loved the presentation so much. I was just so impressed in the moment. I would not share any of this with anyone.

Pfv7bsb.jpg

This was sadly our best group photo at brunch haha. At least you can see the boys’ pastries. They also got to take with us when we left, some orange marshmallow things that they LOVED, and I got to take with me a sucker. (I later enjoyed this and it was heavenly!)

I don’t have a clue what the boys’ all ate. I know that Theo’s had some substitutes as well since he has a huge preference not to eat seafood. Unfortunately, none of them took a photo of their menus nor did I think to run around the table and snap photos of their dishes before they dug into them.

All in all, our experience I would say was quite incredible. The boys’ have huge appetites but they were still very satisfied with their portions. The details in the restaurant were so cute and intricate. The views were amazing… I was so excited we got to sit right at the window.

jL3ffQ7.jpg

I thought the little Remy silhouette on the plates were so cute. I wanted to take this home

y1uJ4DA.jpg

Really, couldn’t compare having brunch with this to anything.

FRNG3gS.jpg

Obligatory couple’s photo post brunch.

o0oaVf2.jpg

I tried to get G to take a porthole photo of me with the beautiful view. This is how it failed.

01qYpuJ.jpg

So I tried to selfie one.

Last edited:
1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 6: Day at Sea! [Part 2: Mixology and AquaDuck!!]

CRUISE DAY 6: Day at Sea! Boys at Mixology, and finally the AquaDuck!

After brunch we wandered around and decided as a group we wanted to play some Goofy’s mini golf since it was SUCH a nice day out. The sun was shining, no cloud in the sky. We changed out of our brunch wear and went to the back of the ship to play. WHOOPS did not realize how windy it gets back there!!! A family was playing ahead of us, and the mom and I were both in skirts and the entire time back there our skirts were blowing up. I had to borrow a sweater to tie around my waist. Don’t really remember who won, we were all pretty terrible at mini golfing but we had a grand time just laughing.

After this, the boys went down to the Skyline Lounge for their mixology session. I chose not to partake prior to sailing, as we got hint of the drink menu to be prepared and most drinks were unsuitable for me to drink… either with a vodka base or some sort of cream. I think maybe ONE drink I was okay to have.

SO I went and sprawled across a deck chair in the sun on my own in my usual spot and finished reading my book!

Iz55gpI.jpg

Featuring my weirdo San Juan sunglasses haha.

Here are some photos I got from Glendon from their Mixology:
D4SLCzW.jpg

GaaAwec.jpg

ddf2F5z.jpg

KGUZzxV.jpg

Looks like tons of fun!

ZoOM3YU.jpg

Oh no Sam's arm sunburn haha

When we were getting ready for dinner, I complained to Glendon that to this day I still hadn’t gotten a chance to go on the AquaDuck yet. I was so upset, it was one of the things everyone just has to do and I still hadn’t gone yet. SO Glendon said let’s wear our bathing suit and swim trunks under our dinner wear and go after dinner while everyone is still eating or getting ready for their late sitting.

ViZMpSI.jpg

Here we are at Royal Court, me impatiently waiting for the end of dinner.

RLYUtrP.jpg

Had a bit of a different dessert today! A dairy free fudge cake! Look at that Mickey hehe

After we finished dinner we headed straight for the AquaDuck. Glendon was right about going at this time: there was NO lineup AT ALL. All the other times I had tried to go there was a 30 minute line up. Anyways I made Glendon stick my GoPro in his pocket… which I know for a fact was not allowed. But I felt I just NEEDED footage of my time on the AquaDuck.

Since it was in G’s pocket, by the time he took it out safely and handed it to me, we were nearly at the drop so I didn’t get any video of the beginning with the clear tube over the ocean.

I loved it so much I made Glendon go on with me two more times. I would have gone on more, but it was starting to get REALLY cold and windy so we wrapped ourselves in towels and made our way to the hot tubs in the adults only section.

I tried to take some “cool” photos using the GoPro. We’re still terrible at holding this thing and trying to understand exactly how to take a good photo with it haha. Alas here are our awkward wet shots:

d0QhXw2.jpg

AxRMZkZ.jpg

3KgIugV.jpg

After we warmed up we went to get washed up and changed in our rooms, and we decided we wanted to check out that night’s showing of Believe.

ygOvazH.jpg

Lobster lobster

jrlD4Lj.jpg

Here we are! I bought myself a bag of kettle corn. Obsessed with kettle corn since I normally don’t get regular popcorn since they’re always buttered.

N7KYd21.jpg

Walt Disney Theatre once again!

My thoughts on Believe: Another Disney message show haha. You know, don’t forget to “Believe” in magic! All in all I liked this one a lot more than Wishes. I thought this one was more for everybody, and more fun. So in my opinion, enjoyable! I liked it!

After the showing, we decided to catch the last showing of Big Hero 6 for the night.

a4WOiTV.jpg

For some reason I brought our smiling Oswald plush with me.

After that, I decided I really wanted more photos so I made Glendon walk with me back to the Walt Disney Theatre

Tc3j38o.jpg

Closed for the night haha

alhHGU1.jpg

Mickey statue.

Glendon was tired, so he decided to head back to the room and catch up with the guys since he hadn’t seen them since dinner. By this time, turns out my distractions at dinner caught up to me and I was STARVING. Hit up Flo’s on deck and got myself a burger!!!

4fVPSDl.jpg

I love burgers so this made me happy.

I finished up my night by taking a few more photos on my way back to our room.

tU4OMxp.jpg

PauZsHR.jpg

4CmERdk.jpg

I love Nemo's Reef so much. I think it's one of the cutest spots on the ship, and I hope badly for one day in the future... for my sister's family to come on a trip with us just so I can play with my nephew in Nemo's Reef. I think he would have so much fun!

We were starting to leave the Caribbean and you could really start to feel it this night. The wind blowing was rather cold, and my sweater didn't seem to be quite enough for the night. We went to bed hoping the sun would be shining for our day at Castaway Cay in the morning!

Last edited:
Fun trip report! So sad you got sea sick at the beginning but hopefully you'll continue to feel better throughout the rest of your cruise! Amazing pics - esp of the airplanes coming in - wow!

Thank you!! The airplanes were definitely my favourite highlight!! I loved it!

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 7: CASTAWAY CAY! [Part 1]

CRUISE DAY 7: Castaway Cay!! Part 1: Day on Castaway Cay

When we woke up this morning, we could definitely tell it was a much cooler day than the last few we experienced. We got the notice that all the excursions this day, with the exception of the stingray experience, were to be cancelled. This was due to the high winds. The Castaway 5K run was still to happen as well. The sun was still shining, so we didn’t think this was all too bad. We could still do the relaxing beach day. (Again we didn’t book a single excursion. The only thing I wanted to do for sure was snorkel.)

Out of the 4 of us, Theo was the only one who participated in the 5K run. Glendon and I had originally wanted to do it too (prior to our trip we were all for doing the run…) but since my bout of being sick, I really wasn’t up for it. And Glendon being the gentleman he is, chose to hang out with me instead of running as well. Sam didn’t want to do the run at all haha. SO Theo went ahead and left the boat early for the 5K. Sam went to Cabanas for breakfast buffet, and Glendon decided to take me down to Enchanted Garden for breakfast.

hK86ILK.jpg

We requested to sit in the round booths haha. It was plenty of space for the two of us.

D7dUPMV.jpg

On our way out we got a photo with the cupid Mickey fountain! He’s so cute.

Breakfast was very empty. It was a slightly later start to our day, so I believe most people were already on their way off the ship. Our breakfast also took a little bit longer because I requested some dairy free Mickey waffles =)

After breakfast we left the ship. Met up with Sam, then met up with Theo. We decided to catch a tram to Serenity Bay (in all honesty we were going to walk there… but it was sunny and we were lazy)

Ahh what relaxation. Very quiet on Serenity Bay. We took some chairs and just sat in the water. (The water was a bit cold so we decided not to swim, but just soak in the sun)

F36eGkI.jpg

tYERW8M.jpg

After sitting in the chairs for a bit with some drinks, we decided it was time for lunch so we walked to the lunch being served at the Serenity Bay BBQ. It was great!!! All the usual BBQ meats type thing. I went and had both a hot dog AND a hamburger! Other options included steaks, ribs, chicken and mahi mahi. There was also a great selection of desserts and snacks as well. I think most exciting thing about all this is that… the food was all FREE!

After lunch, since we all ate a bit more than we wanted to, we chose not to catch a tram and walk down the runway over to the family beaches. We wanted to check out Pelican Plunge!

LDQxvoK.jpg

If you can’t tell already from Glen’s face… water was FREEZING haha.

We made the swim over to the platform and waited the line to ride the slides. Two of us went and on and two on the other. I think the slides surprised each of us, it was actually faster than we had anticipated! The line up was probably about a ten minute wait. We chose not to line up again to switch to ride the other slide, because the water was freezing and waiting in line in the wind made it even colder.
SO we walked along the beach some more and just sunbathed.

RuWaqJX.jpg

50CT1Ov.jpg

I was determined to snorkel though, but no one else wanted to go back into the cold water. (I brought with me some snorkel gear, so in my mind since I brought it, I HAD to use it. Plus I wanted to find the hidden Mickey and Minnie underwater.)

dJ4Wl40.jpg

Lonesome self in the ocean.

Here are some of my random underwater shots I tried to get with my GoPro while I was on my snorkelling adventure:

AEyRPPu.jpg

FIG6M6g.jpg

P1QWzjp.jpg

I think I spent about an hour floating around in the water. You are required to wear those inflatable vest things… I really should have spent more time blowing mine up or switching to one that blew up easier… but I was eager to get into the water and believed I am a strong enough swimmer that it didn’t matter to have it fully inflated. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! Despite being a strong swimmer, I could feel my body getting exhausted pretty early on. The wind was strong and the water was cold. I am pretty sure I spent too much of my time swimming around aimlessly in the same area for a long long time. I never made it all the way to the Mickey and Minnie… I got too tired and too cold. I had never felt so disappointed.

Met back up with the guys, dried off and warmed up in the shining sun a bit more. Mostly we just lazied out all day. Looked around at some of the shops, had a couple of drinks, and that was it.

4fUEc01.jpg

f8XdHSR.jpg

WZ725WD.jpg

I got laughed at when I passed out.

Eventually the wind started to pick up and the sun was starting to get covered by clouds, and we decided we were starting to get cold and hungry so we decided to head back to the ship.

Here are the random photos we took on our way back!

98Ewqpg.jpg

63Ka0EF.jpg

We had very few group shots of all four of us together

CVh9OET.jpg

I feel like this is such an iconic spot on Castaway Cay for photos.

DSCYPsi.jpg

Beach has basically emptied out

zhj0KFc.jpg

tyTgYkc.jpg

JbT2TXU.jpg

I have bad photography skills but I think the water and rocks looked so good

xxWf4P6.jpg

Fantasy butt

UF1v3OP.jpg

Oh Fantasy, what a large ship you are! [And just look at the AquaDuck over the edge of the boat]

HAQXg6D.jpg

Closer look under the AquaDuck! [Excuse my finger]

meNHbRK.jpg

Heading back onto the boat

L3tqe4l.jpg

The front of the Fantasy! Sort of! We had one of those circular porthole rooms at the front of the ship

To come... rest of the night!

Last edited:

Great update! Snorkeling is exhausting! Took us 2 trips to find the Mickey statue!
I'm still determined to find them! Are they quite deep? Ive seen some photos of the statues, and the photos look like they're quite deep in the water! Like, deep enough that you can't touch the bottom of the ocean haha.

I'm still determined to find them! Are they quite deep? Ive seen some photos of the statues, and the photos look like they're quite deep in the water! Like, deep enough that you can't touch the bottom of the ocean haha.

Lol They are not so deep you can't touch them but you definitely need to swim down a little bit. :goodvibes

For all those who had this on their follow: So sorry it's been so long since that last update. Loads has been happening since and I haven't gotten a chance to continue this thread. If you were still following along, rest assured! I am back and will be completing this shortly!

Things that have happened since: We went on our next WDW trip and took my sister and parents along... And onto our next Disney Fantasy as well for the new 2016 Eastern Caribbean itinerary! This would be the Tortola and St Thomas stops! I will be doing a trip report on that as soon as I finish with this one. Glendon and I also moved into our new place just a few weeks ago (hence why I haven't had any spare time recently... Packing and moving!!) but we are finally settled, so I finally have time on my hands again.

Stay tuned for the rest of this report!

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 7: CASTAWAY CAY! [Part 2]

CRUISE DAY 7: Castaway Cay!! Part 2: Back on Board!

When we got back onto the ship, I would say about 75% of the people who had gone onto the island had already made their way back onto the ship, but most families must have been in their rooms getting washed up and getting ready for dinner or something. It looked like barely anyone left on the island when we were heading back onboard, so we were expecting quite a few people to be hanging out by the pools or riding the AquaDuck, but everywhere was quite empty. SO of course we took this opportunity to ride the AquaDuck once more since we were still in our swim gear!

CWTu6PZ.jpg

Here is G and I, a still from our yet again snuck on GoPro.

AquaDuck by day! While still docked at Castaway Cay. Sorry in advance for my shrieking haha.

After that, we all head back to room to get changed out of our ocean and beach wear. The boys made their way to the sports simulator, while I washed up and went up onto deck. Got some more photos of the island from the back of the ship where Goofy's miniature golf was. No one was playing so I took some photos of the mini golf course as well.

sm0uwEe.jpg

X3gSAXu.jpg

2O54F8I.jpg

Oh that lovely beach

fobW6dQ.jpg

YaE7jKP.jpg

IKrP1E2.jpg

4bxX0cu.jpg

HaGTXF1.jpg

Very windy and we weren't even sailing yet!

QN5jQZt.jpg

Some of the cuteness that is the mini golf

9Z18eIR.jpg

s4lxvSk.jpg

And here is the AquaDuck yet again. Just love the way it looks going over the edge of the ship.

I then grabbed a small snack (bag of chips) and filled up my water bottle with some fountain beverage and sat at one of the loungers in the adult only section to watch the ship pull out of the island (and listen to ship's horns!!)

8NAJHpJ.jpg

Nothing more beautiful than the view Castaway Cay and the sun in front of you.

Started to record the horns as we were pulling out of Castaway Cay. This one only has When You Wish Upon a Star. I didn't realize they were going to play all of them and shut the video off haha. SO you also catch the first note from A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I tried to hit record again as fast as I could. Remainder of songs... I do believe are as follows (correct me if I'm wrong!):
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. Be Our Guest. Hi Diddle Dee Dee (An Actor's Life for Me). It's a Small World After All. Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for me)

Neat to watch the ship pull out from this angle I'd say!

Just before heading down to dinner, I received a message from Glendon telling me to hurry down to the atrium, Donald was just about to finish with photos and he managed to get in line before they cut it. So I ran all the way there, and I must say... Donald is my favourite to take photos with!!! He's so silly and we ended up with funny photos! As you all know, Donald likes to be #1. Glendon insulted him.

7tVu8CD.jpg

9uBypBM.jpg

Donald was NOT pleased!

bWHRu4X.jpg

8eNG0Ln.jpg

uIdjFlv.jpg

But we finished off on a good note!

Dinner was Animator's Night in Animator's Palette. I was too busy doodling and watching the screens to remember to take photos of my food. So this is the only thing I have:

dNgDV7x.jpg

How many of you all also went and bought one from the gift shop?? It's just too cute!

Qixu4Iy.jpg

I honestly don't remember too much about this, but I am going to assume that this was my appetizer.

G2YPI9h.jpg

I started this off trying to draw myself. Then realized I wasn't sure what that was... So I ended up with this weirdo.

The animation show was a lot of fun, and a very very cool concept. I wish I got some videos just because everyone was so excited to see their artwork on display! It was very fun, and you get to keep your cartoon drawing at the end of dinner.

After dinner we ended up heading back to our stateroom. We didn't realize just how tired we all were from the day.
ESayVnL.jpg

We came back to this neat lil' guy. I can't believe I didn't take photos of all the animals they made us!

Glendon and I laid down and accidentally fell asleep. Probably would have slept through the night... Except it seemed we hit a storm. Both of us happened to have woken up at the same time to realize the ship was riding some ridiculous waves. In all honesty, I was curious to see what that was like, yet at the same time I was slightly terrified (my parents had told me some truly terrifying stories when I was younger of how they fled Vietnam when the communists came, and I think deep down it scared me of storms in the open ocean.) Sam and Theo managed to stay asleep, so I couldn't walk over to the window in our room to look out into the darkness. SO since I couldn't sleep anymore, Glendon and I decided to walk around the ship, see if it was madness on deck. IT WAS!!! When we got to deck 11 and tried to exit the doors to the adult area, the doors opened and we were basically hit with a wall of wind and rain. I'm pretty sure the words "holy crap!" escaped my lips. SO we went to the Meridian bar at the back of the ship, where they were only just about to close up. We managed to make it in to hear some stories from some of the folks who had been there since the beginning of the storm, and they told us of the waves that they had witnessed. When everyone left for closing, we decided to head down to deck 4 to see what we could see from there. But as expected, the doors out were all closed. Of course they were. We walked down to 3 at some points, the waves went over the windows on 3. I was so shocked! "We could get swept away if we walked out onto deck 4!" (Probably not since we would never have gone out, that would have been very stupid.) I knew that nothing bad would happen, but as I didn't expect this to happen at all, it was very interesting to have experienced it. The ship was rocking so much you literally could not walk in a straight line. You'd be basically walking and then fall over to one wall and then to the other haha. (Later on after the cruise, I found out that some of the experienced cruisers on board had gotten some very awesome photos of the storms. I never got a chance to see them but I thought how awesome is that! While I was wobbling around the ship, someone else was enjoying it and documenting it!)
In the end, it got very late, so we ended up back in the room and somehow fell asleep. I don't think I'm exaggerating regarding the huge waves and how scary it was.... But at the same time who knows! Especially since it was so late and I wasn't sleeping and scared out of my mind hahaha.

To come... Just the wrap up of this cruise.

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 7: CASTAWAY CAY! [Part 2]

Disembarkation Day =( Our Last Moments onboard the Fantasy. Followed by WDW.

It finally came to our very last moments on this cruise. It seemed to fly by so quickly.
Since we had early seating for dinner, we got the early seating for breakfast. None of us made it up in time for that, so we all caught breakfast at Cabanas. I made off with some extra boxes of cereal, since I knew I would want them at some point before heading home... Or possibly just in the car ride to WDW.

Anyways! Here are the last photos that we took while on board for our last moments:

El8RHjJ.jpg

Never saw this pool area basically empty haha.

kO2UwxY.jpg

Goodbye Disney Fantasy funnels!

ZUocXp5.jpg

Ship deck and AquaDuck in the morning sunlight

Bnrpcbh.jpg

Goodbye funnel vision

qu2tfeo.jpg

Final goodbye, AquaDuck!

07NnFsm.jpg

Goodbye main stairwell. Goodbye Fantasy!!!

Getting through customs went by very quickly, and we caught our pre-booked Happy Limo to our hotel... Wilderness Lodge! Once we checked in, the four of us spent our morning at Hollywood Studios, and then ended up over to Magic Kingdom to finish off the night. Sam and Theo didn't stay for the extra magic hours and left earlier, as they had a flight early in the morning. Which meant their bus was to come at 4 in the morning!
Glendon and I had an extra 3 days to spend at Walt Disney World, but since we had our annual passes, we decided to extend our trip until the last moment possible (basically, until we had to crawl back into work.) SO we added another 2 more days. I won't be doing a recap of our time in WDW, because in all honesty it was too long ago and the two of us have gone twice more since this trip. Soooooo here are just a bunch of photos for a photo recap!

BcxM4Z2.jpg

Side of Cinderella castle!

kOv5kJG.jpg

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

PYLhCRW.jpg

Oh Snow White

9O4ib8C.jpg

Night time view of the castle

wCLe8As.jpg

Fireworks show! I LOVE how bright the flares are

kqfBXg7.jpg

A bit of everything happening all at once

WEChEhj.jpg

Another night time view of Cinderella castle

x0x9pqz.jpg

Magic Kingdom at its finest: mass crowds. What madness

9NnIzst.jpg

One of my favourite small details in all of Magic Kingdom. While I do wish that Rapunzel had her own area, these lantern lights at the bathroom are quite cute

wqMbI4R.jpg

Late night extra magic hours! Only time I would ever ride the carousel, only because the day time line ups are way too long just to ride a carousel! And look at how many other people are on the ride with us: literally the only ones on the ride.

zaJ4cXH.jpg

The kept the Anna and Elsa meet and greets going through extra magic hours! So here we are with Elsa!

4weV9iA.jpg

Meet and greet with Anna! She got really excited about my braid, but thinks 2 is better than the 1

PIrgLNK.jpg

(Ran out of space on this post for my photos so Part 2 of WDW photo recap to follow!)

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Post Cruise at WDW [Part 2]

Photo recap of our time at Walt Disney World [Part 2: The remainder photos!]

6ur0KlW.jpg

Jessica's favourite ride of all time

WF1LDIV.jpg

Meet and greet with Hiro and Baymax!!!!! Loved seeing Baymax in person. Literally the cutest ever.

8xZwo4C.jpg

Rock n roller coasterrrrrrrr

HPeOLzu.jpg

Lunch at Be Our Guest!

xOBzR2N.jpg

Cutest mosaic at Be Our Guest

TwmBQ0K.jpg

Witchy witch witch

TAhCQ9h.jpg

Night time on the boardwalk

ampymkg.jpg

Lobby of Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House)

EvnvZAA.jpg

Tree of Life!

NCdA1D1.jpg

Meet and greet with safari Minnie and Mickey!!

1ldRuHW.jpg

Lunch at Tusker House!!!! Here with Goofy

bbwih0k.jpg

G being "goofy"

x2YALbs.jpg

Daisy is so cute

A3Cu6Ks.jpg

Mickey!

nWL0gea.jpg

Safari Donald!

SjWkozO.jpg

Glendon being nice to safari Donald

w1SGH1l.jpg

View of the fireworks in Magic Kingdom from just before New Fantasyland (right by PhilharMagic). VERY neat and exciting view of the fireworks show. You don't get to see how the fireworks go with the castle, but they're right up close to you so it's super exciting. Only thing is, be extra careful because there is a much higher chance of ashes falling on you (or into your eyes!)

CduNtJk.jpg

Another night time view of the castle

k5hpz7U.jpg

Ahhh nothing makes you feel more in the jolly Disney mood than seeing the balloons on Main Street

bYt80VA.jpg

Our very very last ride of this trip. How fitting that it ends with it saying goodbye. Goodbye to you too Magic Kingdom!

flWYIv2.jpg

Here is my arm full of magic bands with a view of the savannah from our room.
(One is my original polka dot one, but they accidentally permanently deactivated it when we checked into Animal Kingdom Lodge. SO they gave me a plain red one for the time being... And managed to find a new one to replace my deactivated one. SO three magic bands on the arm it is!) (There is a veeeeeeeery long story to go along with this, but it's exactly that: a very long story. I was very upset when they permanently deactivated my band, and at the time that band was sold out, very limited, and there was none available for purchase. Long story short: Disney went above and beyond to make me a happy and very very loyal follower. Disney cast members doing what they do best: Disney. I have never left unhappy.)

That's about it! Thanks so much everyone for have following along even though it took a long long while. I hope that it was still enjoyable. It was lots of fun reliving this trip, as we made many good memories. So that is it! My very very first trip report. I hope this was enjoyable enough that you guys will be interested in reading my next one: 2016 Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy! With stops at Tortola and St Thomas.
Thanks again!!!

To end off:
Here are the pressed pennies that I made on this trip.
PCMECKg.jpg

:wave: Glad you came back to finish the report, I can understand Life getting in the way of TR writing. I have enjoyed reading about your trip and like I said I am glad to see you came back to wrap it up.

Fun pics of your days in the World after the cruise. :earsboy:

I would definitely like to hear about your other cruise with the new itinerary, sounds like some interesting ports.

Your 2017 plans sound really cool :thumbsup2 I would love to get to see the other parks around the world!! Especially the new Shanghai park and also that Disney Sea really appeals to me too. Is that going to be separate trips or one big one?

I enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for posting. Your pictures are fantastic.

:wave: Glad you came back to finish the report, I can understand Life getting in the way of TR writing. I have enjoyed reading about your trip and like I said I am glad to see you came back to wrap it up.

Fun pics of your days in the World after the cruise. :earsboy:

I would definitely like to hear about your other cruise with the new itinerary, sounds like some interesting ports.

Your 2017 plans sound really cool :thumbsup2 I would love to get to see the other parks around the world!! Especially the new Shanghai park and also that Disney Sea really appeals to me too. Is that going to be separate trips or one big one?
Thank you very much!!
I am excited to post about my last cruise, I wasn't sick so I really got to enjoy myself.

Our 2017 plan is to kind of do a rushed trip, about 16 days. Shanghai to Hong Kong to Tokyo! Still in plans, not 100% sure if it will be happening when we are planning for it (late February early March). Mostly just to see the parks but we want to try and do a little bit of city as well!

I enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for posting. Your pictures are fantastic.
Thank you very much!!
Just out of curiosity: I see that you have 2016 Eastern Caribbean in your signature with stops at Tortola and St Thomas! When did you go? We went in February and it was fantastic!

Loved reading your trip report! I was reading your second, and couldn't wait for the conclusion, so I came back and read this one! We are taking our first cruise on the Dream in less than two weeks and I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter