1st DVC stay (BWV)

I really love BWV and BCV due to walking (or stumbling) distance from Epcot, but DW never wants to stay there because she enjoys the views of the monorail resorts.

I really love BWV and BCV due to walking (or stumbling) distance from Epcot, but DW never wants to stay there because she enjoys the views of the monorail resorts.
:scared1:.lol
What about a compromise.....Split / Stay? Not that I blame her because 2 out of those 3 resorts are nice.....But the central location of BWV/BCV is truly tough to beat....

Edit: I'm sure you can tell which 1 we don't enjoy..:scratchin

:scared1:.lol
What about a compromise.....Split / Stay? Not that I blame her because 2 out of those 3 resorts are nice.....But the central location of BWV/BCV is truly tough to beat....

Edit: I'm sure you can tell which 1 we don't enjoy..:scratchin
Not a Poly lover? :scratchin

Sorry to hear that. I love all three of them. I will also note that BLT is the only one that has 2 bathrooms in a 1BR, and 3 bathrooms in a 2BR. That's great in mixed company and with kids.

No On the contrary.... I love it a lot... Thats the best of the 3 TBH....Now BLT / Contemp.... Thats another story...:sad2:
Different strokes? I really like BLT, not a real fan of Poly and GF is very pretty but a little to stuffy for DH. We now go for three weeks so I like the first week to be BLT, we concentrate on that area during that week. Weeks 3&4 are at BW, we LOVE the BW. The location can't be beat. It's ok if some don't like the BW, it just makes it easier for me and other likeminded people to get a room there. That's why DVC is so great, there is something for everyone.

So for everyone that hates the Boardwalk refurb so far... have you changed your opinion of how badly the refurb was needed ;)

So for everyone that hates the Boardwalk refurb so far... have you changed your opinion of how badly the refurb was needed ;)
We just did 5 days the week after Thanksgiving for the first time at BWV. Total of 6 adults in a 2 bedroom, and similar to the OP, was expecting the worst. I was pleasantly surprised that I had no complaints to the finishes, smells, noise, decor, etc. Maybe I'm more of a 2 star traveler but other than a few minor cosmetic items that could easily be fixed (misaligned tile, dripping shower head, pedestal sink stantion needs flanges at wall), it seems a shame to gut it to give it a more updated look. But I will say that it appears the refurb has toned down a lot of the Disney theming (not that it was that heavily themed before) and other than some artwork, it doesn't stand apart from most 3 star rooms. I can see the logic to focus the theming on the lobbies and they do it well IMO.

We stayed at BW in 2022 before refurb and just got back from a refurbed BW View stay.

I have to admit being let down by recent refurb pictures but when we actually got in the room? Much nicer in person! Did not seem drab and tones/textures flowed (unlike the photos).

How bad rooms appear to need refurb varies I think. The past few years we’ve stayed at BLT, BWV and Poly soon before refurb. BLT studio was truly in great shape, which surprised me after reading otherwise. Our BW room was fine. Poly showed wear and tear. Maybe this all depends which room we get and some get beat up much harder than others?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter