1st real visit to DL with our 5 year old who has Down syndrome...help

garn

Earning My Ears
We took her when she was two, but she was young enough she was pretty easy to manage. She wasn't into princesses at that time. Her favorite part was waving to other people and making them smile :)

This time she loves princesses. She also likes to run, and hide, and not sit still. I am worried the lines will be a nightmare. Any others with special needs children who don't sit still for more than 30 seconds have any advice?

We will be taking the iPad and extra batteries for the lines, but that can only do so much.

This really isn't a problem, Disneyland is very used to special needs children. You're welcome to call ahead of time and ask if they have any materials they can send out to you for your upcoming visit. You can also visit this page which has loads of information:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/cognitive-disabilities/

As for issues with lines, they can certainly help you out there; go to the kiosks throughout the park with the cast standing there (they'll have 'i's on them) who can help arrange visits to attractions and character meet and greets; there's a specialized fast pass designed for special needs guests who may not be able to stand in line for whatever reason, etc.

The whole family will have a great time.

This really isn't a problem, Disneyland is very used to special needs children. You're welcome to call ahead of time and ask if they have any materials they can send out to you for your upcoming visit. You can also visit this page which has loads of information:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/cognitive-disabilities/

As for issues with lines, they can certainly help you out there; go to the kiosks throughout the park with the cast standing there (they'll have 'i's on them) who can help arrange visits to attractions and character meet and greets; there's a specialized fast pass designed for special needs guests who may not be able to stand in line for whatever reason, etc.

The whole family will have a great time.
Thank you so much. Our trip is this week. We will make the best of what ever challenges the 5 year old introduces. She is going to love the parades and activities.

Thank you so much. Our trip is this week. We will make the best of what ever challenges the 5 year old introduces. She is going to love the parades and activities.

Take a few minutes, talk with cast as to your plans for the day, what you'd really like to see, etc. They can help you plan a bit as well, and introduce you to any assistance they can offer to make it go smoothly. Unfortunately, quite a bit of the western end of the park will be shut down, but you should still have an amazing experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter