1st time RCCL cruiser

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
We've sailed on DCL a few times and feel like we have a good handle on Disney's process but have never sailed on RCCL and we have an upcoming Alaska cruise in July on the Ovation. Right now, we're in the payment phase and I'm hoping people can help me with whatever tips and tricks I should know once we finish final payment.

1. Is there a registration date that opens or starts that I need to be aware of like how DCL has a registration date to select meet and greets (if available), book speciality dining, mixologies?
2. If there is a specific registration date, what can I book once the registration date begins?
3. Are there special bookings that anyone can recommend? We don't know of any so even the littlest recommendation is worth while.

If it helps, we're traveling with 7 people. Two grandmas, husband, wife, and 3 kids ages 11( one month shy of 12), 10.5, and 6.5.

Reservation dates are all over the place. Generally speaking, you can book excursions almost as soon as you can get into the cruise planner.

Next things available are usually drink and internet packages. I’d say around 6 months out. I’m not 100% certain on dining packages but I think it shows up around this time as well

Finally, show reservations happen sometime around PIF date.

I’ve not been on a quantum class so I don’t know when you can book the pod thingy.

Check out CC for cruiser meet and greets.

Check your cruise planner if you are buying a drink, dining or internet package. The deluxe drink package is $47 a day per person but all adults must buy it in the same cabin. Cheapest I have seen since we booked this cruise in june 2017. Also internet packages are on sale if you need it. Buying a package for 2,3 or 4 is cheaper than buying internet package for each person. The internet package on royal allows however many devices you buy for to be logged in at one time. If you buy 1 device you can use different devices by logging off that device and signing on the new device. If you buy a 2 or more device package, you can give the code to another person so they can log in their device.

Will you be on the July 5th Ovation cruise? We have about 13 of us on that sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter