1st timer needs help with really stupid questions

jeepgirl30

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I've very artistic challenged. I want to make DD an autograph book. I've looked at many on this board and the twopeasinabucket (i think thats it!) and have a really good idea of what i want to do. I just can't figure out the "how" part.

I went to JoAnn last night and bought a few things. I've also bought the Disney Princess autograph book which seems so plain compared to what you all have done. I bought an 8 X 8 book which seems to be the best size for what I want. I bought a few stamps and have some clipart downloaded. I found fonts I want to use and page kits.

Problem is, I don't get how I create the one side photo and one side for signing look. The albums I saw all seemed like photo albums. Do I just buy the blank sheets (or printed sheets) and insert inbetween? Or do I glue them over the photo sheets?

is there photo matte I can buy to give the "framed" look?

Also, I was shocked at how much everything will cost. I bought an album on clearance, the princess paper clips and a few sheets of stickers and spent $30 already. I need to buy the page kit, more stickers, ribbons and something to decorate the front. I'm guessing its going to be over $60 before I'm close to done and that doesn't count the actual photos!

I would really appreciate any "do this dummy" type help!

I really want to create a very special memento for my lil angel.

Thank you!

Hi there - I don't know how much help I will be but I can send you some examples of books I have found on the internet. I am always looking for samples of books to see what elements they use and how I can make my books better. If I really like a page, I will do a screen shot of it and save it in a folder on my desk top.

If I understand correctly you have and 8x8 book - is it spiral bound or a top loader post bound album? Not that it really matters because you can adapt the layouts to either type of album.
I can pm you some of these examples if you would like.

I wish I could help, but I always use the autographs in our big albums. I did do a small flip book for my daughter once, using a 4x6 picture with a corresponding page from the autograph books sold in park (which are conveniently 4x6).

While it might not help you there are a few pictures of my recent stuff on our web site (link below) under scrapbooking "swaps in action".

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter