1st timer needs opinions

4littleones

DIS Veteran
I am making autograph books for my kids ages 4 through 1. I wanted to do the deluxe option in Artscow because the pages are thick and less likely to get destroyed by my crew of kids. However, the deluxe can only do 20 pages and I am up to 60 pages in a regular 8 x 8 book :scared1:

How many autographs should I really expect to get during our stay? Not sure if my kids will want to get everyone's or just the characters they know and like?
Do you think I could redo and condense to a deluxe, 20 pages with 2 or 3 autographs per page (40 to 60 autographs)?

We are doing 6 days at the parks (MK, AK, HS & Epcot). We have character ADR's at Ohana, Chef Mickey, Cape May, Hollywood & Vine, & the Crystal Palace. We are also doing the MNSSHP.

Should I just keep my 60 page regular Book that I already have saved (Right now I have multiple Mickey's and other main characters cuz I thought the kids would see them more than once) or is it worthwhile to try to condense it to 20 pages for the deluxe thicker paper? :confused3

Thanks! This board has been so helpful. I have never done any scrapbooking in my life and I'd be going to WDW with a plain jane book if it weren't for all of you talrnted folks!

Oh you are going to have so much fun!

I can't really comment on the heavier paper, but there are 5 characters at each of the meals so you are at 25 sigs just with meals and you'll pick up some more, so maybe 30 - 40 total.

I also only have one side of the autograph page signed so I can place a picture on the other side.

While the heavier paper might be nice, you know you or DH will be in carrying the books anyway!

Oh you are going to have so much fun!

I can't really comment on the heavier paper, but there are 5 characters at each of the meals so you are at 25 sigs just with meals and you'll pick up some more, so maybe 30 - 40 total.

I also only have one side of the autograph page signed so I can place a picture on the other side.

While the heavier paper might be nice, you know you or DH will be in carrying the books anyway!

Thanks for the quick response. Kinda puts it in perspective the way you said it.

Do you do that w/ the photo book? Do you just use glue or tape the picture down. I am assuming you are talking about a picture of your kid/yourself with the character so it's taken after the fact, but maybe I'm wrong.

Just so you know--each characters signature is always the same. So no matter how many different Mickey's you see his signature is "your pal Mickey Mouse".

The books I make usually have a spot for the photo on the left side and a cricut paper piecing or stickers of the character and a large signature spot on the right side. I add the pictures when we get home.

We have also taken 4x6 cards and had the characters sign those and added to the scrapbook page later. This was a very easy option because we just took the blank cards to the park in a ziploc and left the signed cards at the hotel.

We have also taken 8x10 photo mats.

No matter what you take you'll want to put it into a ziplock to keep it dry ;) And of course you and/or DH will probably end up carrying it :)

Thanks for the quick response. Kinda puts it in perspective the way you said it.

Do you do that w/ the photo book? Do you just use glue or tape the picture down. I am assuming you are talking about a picture of your kid/yourself with the character so it's taken after the fact, but maybe I'm wrong.

No, mine was more of a scrapbook or just the Disney signature book with pictures added after. So the photos were added with some type of scrapbook adhesive. I do think adding the photos is such a personal touch the kids really like looking through their old books.

Hopefully someone who has done a photo book will answer. Although I would assume the pages would be really shiny which would mean you would have to have a sharpie for the characters so the sigs wouldn't smear.

I'm in the process now of making an Autograph/Memory book. I'm also using character cuts from all the Disney Cricut Cartridges. I know there will be characters that we won't see or be able to get signatures from so I'll have a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch blank piece of cardstock for either a signature or photo.

Somewhere, someone recommended using a "cheapie" flip photo album (Michaels or ACmoore carries them for $1 or so)...you can decorate the cover however you like. Then have the characters sign each photo page (with a retractable sharpie)...then add the photo behind their signature when you get them printed...
Just another suggestion...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter