1st timer park order

S Frey

Earning My Ears
What would you suggest is the best order to tour the parks over the week after thanksgiving for newbies with kids? First park day is Saturday and last park day is Friday. I've heard some people say get them to mk first and last, and I've also heard people say wait on mk and do the "non-magical" ones first. Thoughts?

12 people (6 adults and 6 kids 10 and under).

For us, it's always MK first and last, even if it's only a half day due to travel (and at least 2 full days in between). Then we always do a "long" day with AK in the morning (breakfast or early lunch in the park) and WS of Epcot in the evening (dinner in WS). After that, I try to order the parks based on crowd levels.

I concur with going by predicted crowd level. That will make the most difference in your overall happiness.

I do use predicted crowd calendars as well. However you can still have a great day at any park as long as you have a touring plan. (credit goes to Josh as easywdw, I am
just paraphrasing)
We love the MK and always start there and end there. There is much to do there for the under 10's (and adults) in your party. Two days there would be ideal for your party.

We always start and end with MK, but our trips are typically 11 days long. Our rotation is usually MK-Epcot-DHS-AK.
Since we have AP's (hoppers), it's typically one at night, one in the evening.

Every trip my DH chimes in with how MK must be first and every trip (except this upcoming trip) its not. I check the crowd calendars and make choices from there. The only way I would insist on MK first is is we had plenty of time with absolutely no expectations of what we would accomplish.

This trip that is exactly what we can do, and we are right across the lake, so we know that we can just skip in for a few hours and then leave. We seldom do this though.

I would suggest you check a calendar and if the expected crowds are about the same, then go to MK first. If not, every park has plenty of Disney elements so I would plan by the numbers.

For us, it's always MK first and last, even if it's only a half day due to travel (and at least 2 full days in between). Then we always do a "long" day with AK in the morning (breakfast or early lunch in the park) and WS of Epcot in the evening (dinner in WS). After that, I try to order the parks based on crowd levels.

This is our first family trip and our plan is:

Sunday @ MK
Monday @ AK
Tuesday @ Epcot
Weds - no park - HDD for dinner
Thursday @ MK
Friday @ DHS

What would you suggest is the best order to tour the parks over the week after thanksgiving for newbies with kids? First park day is Saturday and last park day is Friday. I've heard some people say get them to mk first and last, and I've also heard people say wait on mk and do the "non-magical" ones first. Thoughts?

12 people (6 adults and 6 kids 10 and under).

For your first trip, there are no non-magical parks. A good case can be made for starting at MK. Everyone looks forward to seeing the castle right away. Crowd calendars are the best way to go.

With a crowd that size, don't be afraid to consider splitting up-- either all go to the same park, then go off in your own directions or spend a few days in different parks-- depending on the wants and needs of different groups within the group.

For this trip (3rd) we are going by the crowd calendars, but for a first trip I have to say 100% start with MK. Yes, all of the parks are magical, but there is nothing like that first view of the castle, first walk down Main Street, etc.

You might want to see which days are MVMCP because you will have to leave the park by 7 and will not get to experience MSEP or regular Wishes and Fireworks.
If you plan to do the CP at EPCOT see who the narrator is. It has not been announced for the first few days of your trip. I would figure out which days to go to those 2 parks and work out the rest of your schedule from there. Be sure to allow time to resort hop.

I agree with most everyone, visit EasyWDW and read all of the suggestions. Also allears is a good website lots of great info on there. And if you have any questions this is a great place to ask them, the Dis has helped me tremendously to figure things out. Many people on here myself included, did not have the luxury of the internet and all of the great info on WDW. That being said the best thing that you can do is to search around and educate yourself about WDW and you will have a much more enjoyable trip. Hope that you have an incredible trip !!!

We always do mk first and last and I couldn't imagine it any other way. I will look at crowd calendars and stuff but at the end of the day I need the castle to be first and last in my vacation.

We will be doing MK first and last then using crowd calenders to help in between.

Personally, we would never come up with an arbitrary order. There are good reasons why certain parks are busier on some days than others. That's most often the best possible reason to choose one park over another. Choosing to go to, say, your favorite park on the first day if it's not a recommended park is just not something we would do. I'd prefer to hit it up on the 2nd or 3rd day (if need be) with lower crowds, shorter lines, less waiting.

As others have said, go look at the crowd calendars/recommended parks on easywdw.com.

Last edited:
MK, EPCOT, AK, DHS, MK

That's my typical rotation for mornings @ DIS, giving only a few hrs to DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter