1st Timer Trip - Restaurants Picked. Any opinion?

La Cava Del Tequila is the bar inside of the Mexican pavilion. Are you really considering dinner there? or do you mean The San Angel Inn, which is the restaurant inside the Mexican pavilion.

Not that I'm judging....margaritas for dinner sound great to me if that's what you meant. :)

Polite Pig/Trader Sams
Ohana/La Cava del Tequila

Ohana/Trader Sam’s would be the easier pairing since they are both at Poly. Instead of going to DS then poly or leaving Epcot to go to Poly and then going back to Epcot for margaritas. Perhaps a TS Epcot restaurant like Biergarten or Japanese Hibachi one for Epcot day. Coral Reef is pretty cool with the fish tank.

I would consider dropping 3 broomsticks and adding mythos for lunch. Great restaurant.
Grab a butter beer or cocktail at the bar there for the atmosphere.

I would also have another day at universal one Day is just not enough time. Lol

I would consider dropping 3 broomsticks and adding mythos for lunch. Great restaurant.
Grab a butter beer or cocktail at the bar there for the atmosphere.

I would also have another day at universal one Day is just not enough time. Lol

I think the other person is doing a second Universal day, while the OP wants to tour some resorts instead.

I did love Mythos, though! (And Leaky Cauldron is my favorite of the two HP restaurants, so if I dropped one, it would be Broomsticks.) Hmmm...that's definitely something to consider.

La Cava Del Tequila is the bar inside of the Mexican pavilion. Are you really considering dinner there? or do you mean The San Angel Inn, which is the restaurant inside the Mexican pavilion.

Not that I'm judging....margaritas for dinner sound great to me if that's what you meant. :)

I thought we could drop by after dinner at Ohana for a late evening drink :)

Shoney, my OH is doing 2 days at Universal. I don't care about anything but Harry Potter so 1 day is enough for me! I might do 2 days of just Harry Potter!

Skippyboo, very good point, I'll change those!

Thank you so much for your recommendations! I'll look into those. We've booked a 3-night Bahamian cruise on the Dream. My first choice would have been Palo Brunch and Remy dinner but since it's our first cruise on any of the Disney ships, we thought it'd be a good idea to just enjoy the MDRs for now and not book any excursions and enjoy what's included. We'll probably book some things for our next cruise, though :)
Nothing wrong with that idea. It will give you a good feel for the rotational dining, too, which is something you miss out on a little when you dine at Palo and Remy.

We LOVE BOG! It is just such a special place to me. Magical. Tusker house is also very fun. Seeing Mickey and the gang dressed for safari is fun.

I feel like Day 4 could be a lot of food too close together. Day 10 also seems like a lot. Are you just going to hang out at AKL between meals?

I would probably try to move the Tusker House breakfast to day 2 and try to get the ROL dining package (Really I would recommend Tiffins for the ROL package, but TH was in your original plan).

Another vote for mythos over three broomsticks

Love mythos, I always forget they have bread service and order an appy no one ends up eating lol

What's so nice about your plan is you are heavy on cs. Which means you are not tied to a strict schedule. Very nice

Have you been to cowfish before?
My other favorites include finnegans and toothsome chocolate emporium

You have picked many great places. I love all of the restaurants you put on day 10, but I wouldn't put them all on the same day because it would be too much food. Kona breakfasts aren't your average breakfast- when we eat there we don't have much lunch, if any, because breakfast was so big. And then the AKL restaurants are both so unique you would want to have an appetite to sample many things. If there were some way possible I would spread those out more.

@10CJ , Thanks for your comments! Day 4, as in lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby and dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse? That's too much food? What would you suggest? You made a really good point about day 10, I ended up changing things up a bit and Sanaa was moved to another day, so I'll have breakfast at Kona and dinner at Boma.

@Pumbaa_ , Thanks for your reply! No we've never been to Cowfish. We've never been to World. Three Broomsticks is gone.

@KickassPrincess - I made a few changes based on your recs, thank you!

@VFL, thanks for commenting!

I would try and get BOG for dinner instead of lunch, the food is much better for dinner.

I would just caution that it might be very difficult to get a BOG dinner ADR on day 1. It might even be tough to get a lunch ADR for day 1.

It all looks great. The only thing I'll add is that several times I've seen people come back and say they did not realize Animal Kingdom Lodge is separate from Animal Kingdom. Based on your list, you've done some massive planning and I bet you realize they are separate places. Just making sure since your Animal Kingdom day mentions two Animal Kingdom Lodge restaurants. (I love Boma).

I would just caution that it might be very difficult to get a BOG dinner ADR on day 1. It might even be tough to get a lunch ADR for day 1.
Thanks for the heads up! Be Our Guest is the one ADR I can leave or take. I'll try and if I don't get it, then so be it. I'll see what's available and make do with that :)

@BebopBaloo Thanks! Yes, I was aware, but I think it's much easier to Uber to Animal Kingdom Lodge in the morning and at night for breakfast and dinner than it is to take a bus from AK to Lodge in the middle of the day. I wouldn't have scheduled a lunch at AKL, it's too much work in the middle of the day!

If your free day happens to be a Sunday, as a foodie, I would totally schedule a California Grill Brunch! ;)

My only other suggestion is that you mentioned doing Trader Sams after Ohana's. I would do it first. There is so much food at Ohana's, you may find that a drink afterwards is completely unappealing and hard to do.

Having done both the castle and BOG, I think going with BOG was the better choice as far as atmosphere (food wasn't that great at the castle either). I think you will enjoy checking out the different rooms in BOG. Have fun!

I might do Boma breakfast on your day 2 AK day and Satul'i Canteen lunch on the day when you have Jiko (early lunch and later dinner would work). I'd just want to spread out the TS a bit more :)

@elsbit Thank you for commenting! A California Grill brunch sounds so incredibly tempting. My OH doesn't care about food so I think I'll see what he wants and maybe book a few things *just in case*. We're already going to CG for dinner, though and I'm not sure about going twice to the same restaurant, especially since I've left out several resorts we won't even set foot in (i.e. Wilderness Lodge for example, which breaks my heart but there are only so many days. We'll be back!). In any case, our free day is a good ol' Thursday :D
Good point about Trader Sam's. I guess it'll depend on the ADR I can grab for Ohana! If it's early or not.

@Lisa F Thanks for your comment! That's a really good point, I might switch things up a bit on the AK days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter