2/02/02 trip report part two

luvmy2boyz

Earning My Ears
Sunday 2/3/02

Sunday morning we got up and hit Topsiders for breakfast~this would end up being the norm. every morning. I will say of all the food the breakfast at Topsiders was great. I had an omelet for breakfast everyday!

After breakfast we hit the pool deck and spent all day there. The weather was perfect, sunny and warm:). The kids pool was crowded but we didn't have a problem finding somewhere to sit. The kids loved swimming and playing in the pool. We ate lunch at Pluto's and Pinochio's. The guys loved the hamburgers and the kids had chicken nuggets(the chicken strips from room service and in the dining room were much better). I had the barbaque chicken pizza which was very good. (the pizza from room service and in the dining room tended to be undercooked but the pizza at Pinochios was great).

They had a hoola hoop challange at the family pool for the kids(boys against girls) which our kids loved particiapting in. If any of you guys were at the pool, my little guy Alexander was the first boy, being 3 he didn't have any idea what to do so he just stood there but he was so cute:).

At 4:30 the girls and I had our spa treatment. We were cutting it really close to dinner (we had 6:00 seating). My girlfried and I did the spa taster(massage and facial)and our other friend did the Ionithermy. I warned her about the elecric shock but she was determined to do it. The massage and facial were very relaxing, my girlfriend and I were in the same room, which was fine. They only tried to sell us one item(some kind of brush for dead skin?)I don't know if this was standard or because I kind of cut them off and told them we had to rush to dinner. Our other friend liked the ionithermy but she wouldn't do it again.

We had Lumieres for formal night tonight and again our servers were excellent, food not so excellent, but we enjoyed dinner anyway. After dinner was Hercules which was excellent!! The cast was very good and storyline was funny. We all enjoyed the show.
After the show everyone enjoyed going through the shops. Tonight was my older sons first night of pin trading and he had a blast:) We would do this everynight from here on. If your child likes collecting things I recommend taking some pins along for him to trade. I bought a bunch of pins at cheappins.com and we didn't come home with a single pin we took along. We got some really neat pins including a Disney Cruise line pin.

Monday 2/4/02

Monday we had our first brunch at Palo's which would turn out to be the only time we got to Palo's eventhough we had dinner reservations and another brunch reservation. Two of the kids in our party would not stay in the kids club. My little one was not feeling well so my DH stayed in the room with him and I went to brunch with the rest of the group. During brunch each of my friends were paged to pick up their reluctant kids. I am not quite sure why thier children wouldn't stay, except maybe just knowing thier parents were near by. Needless to say my Dh and I figured since we were going to hang out with kids we might as well have our kids too, so the kids didn't spend much time in the club, but we still had a great time just no Mom and Dad time.

We spent another day at the pool and ate again at Pluto's and Pinnochios for lunch. It was another beautiful day sunny and warm.

Dinner was at Animators Palate, we really enjoyed the show, service was great food o.k. The show tonight was Morty the Magnificent and the kids really loved this one. My Ds kept saying "How'd they do that?".

Tuesday 2/05/02

Tuesday was spent in port at St. Martin. We took the water taxi($5.00 per adult, kids free) to Great Bay Beach, which is right near the dock. The beach was nice we paid for chairs ($5.00 per chair, we got 6). The guys rented Wave Runners, $60.00 for and hour, they started at $70.00 but the guys talked them down. DS#1 and I went para-sailing, $90.00 dollars to tandem and we stayed up for about 20 min. This is the best deal of all the Islands and the most time airbourn. The price for single was $50.00 compared to $70.00 in St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. Also at Castaway Cay thier is an age restriction and my Ds would not have been able to go there. The only downside to the beach was we were constantly asked for braids. My friends did end up getting thier daughters hair done, I was glad I had two boys:) They did do braids at the pool on the ship but it was hard to get in because there were not many braiders.We shopped somewhat in town and bought some liquor and I got a tropical outfit for each of my boys and DH. I did not buy tee-shirts in St. Martin, which I should have because they were alot cheaper than St. Thomas. Most places you could get them 4 for $10.00 not so in St. Thomas.

We had dinner in Parrot Cay which was nice since it was Tropical night. Again our Servers were great, food just o.k. except the chicken fingers they were great. After dinner we headed to the family pool for the deck party. Everyone had a blast and we ended up with alot of souvenir glasses. The specialty drinks were very yummy. One tip, if you feel you have enough souvenir glasses and they want to sell you a drink in one tell them you don't want the cup and they won't charge you for it. It is about $2.00 more for the glass.

That's all for now, I will post Wed.-Fri. later, if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter