2/02/02 Trip Report

luvmy2boyz

Earning My Ears
The Players: Me~33 DH~38 DS~ 51/2 DS ~3
We also cruised with 2 other families in the same age category.

Friday 2/01/02
We arrived in Fl. at 1:30pm on Continental Airlines. The flight was uneventful except for the landing in Cleveland which was rather bumpy and DS#1 ended up getting sick. He has a quesy stomach to begin with and I had tried the seabands (wrist bands which apply preasure in a certain area)but because he's a child and tends to be sweaty they did not stay in the right spot, so he got sick.I would not recommend these for kids. After that I gave him a 1/2 of a Bonine and he was fine except for one night on the ship which was very rough but I'll get to that later. After claiming our baggage we picked up our rental car from Avis and headed for Cocoa Beach. We had reserved rooms at the Quailty Inn for 65.00. The ride to Cocoa Beach is pretty much a straight shot from the airport but needless to say we got lost and ended up at the wrong Quality Inn. Thank goodness it was the wrong hotel because it was in a very seedy area and very dumpy. When we finally found the right hotel we were happy with it. The rooms were clean and it was right on the strip in Cocoa Beach. We ate at Alma's that evening (a recommendation from a family friend) and were very happy with the food. (Pizza)I would recommend eating there when your in Cocoa Beach.

Saturday 2/02/02
After a brief breakfast Saturday we headed for Port Canaveral we arrived around 12:00pm and DH was able to drop us off curb side(not across the street like some people experienced). DH and our other friends went to return the cars to Avis and Me and the girls and our kids went to check in. The lady who checked us in let us check in our husbands even though they were not present which saved alot of time. By the time DH and the guys got back we were in line to board. Boarding was rather easy just had to show key to the world cards and drivers license for adults. After boarding we headed to the embarkation buffet at Topsiders on deck 9. The buffet was O.K.(you will see in my report that I tend to agree with those who say the food is not the greatest. In my evaluation at the end of the cruise I rated the food as just O.K.)While everyone was enjoying the buffet I went to Palo's to reserve dinner and brunch. I probably got there sometime between 1:30 and 2:00 and got both the days and times I wanted for dinner and brunch and also got on the waiting list for an additional brunch.(On Sunday I got a call telling me that we also got the additional day for brunch). After returning to my friends we headed to our rooms and our luggage was already waiting for us. We unpacked and the guys took the kids to the pool My girlfriends and I went to the Spa. We didn't rush to the Spa, I'd say we got there around 3:00 or 3:30, My girlfriend and I did the Spa taster, and our other friend did the Ionothermy. We got our reservation but when My friends wanted to schedule massages for thier husbands there were only 2 reservations left, so I would recommend getting there earlier. We had the PLAPLAP rotation so we headed to Parrot Cay for dinner. Our servers were Pirum, Iso and Sid. They were all great ! I don't remember everything I had for dinner but I did have the coconut shimp and they were good. As I said earlier, the food was just O.K. and I probably won't comment on it again in this report. After dinner we headed back to the pool and explored the ship. We did not see the welcome aboard variety show.

That's it for now, the kids are calling I will post more later. Tracy

Hi, Tracy!! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you but hope all your gang had fun. Did your "guys" go to one of the SuperBowl parties?? I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter