2 bedroom lock-off down to one bedroom experiences?

mamaprincess

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in a 2 bedroom lock off for 4nts and a one bedroom for 1nt in the same category. Has anyone been able to stay in the same one bedroom portion of the lock off. Just hoping there is a chance we won't have to move on that night and that we can just give up the studio. I understand we will may need to get new keys etc. Thanks.

We will be staying in a 2 bedroom lock off for 4nts and a one bedroom for 1nt in the same category. Has anyone been able to stay in the same one bedroom portion of the lock off. Just hoping there is a chance we won't have to move on that night and that we can just give up the studio. I understand we will may need to get new keys etc. Thanks.

Which resort? Some resorts have some dedicated 1 bedrooms (BWV), they may need the lockoff as a 2 bedroom.

It is possible.

You just let the front desk know at check-in so they can match you up with a studio traveler when that lock-off is locked.

I was traveling with my child with grandparents in the other portion. They have to leave early due to work... so when the door becomes locked, it was very sad for the remaining days because the child still wants to knock the door and go over to say good night every night :sad:

It is possible.

You just let the front desk know at check-in so they can match you up with a studio traveler when that lock-off is locked.

I was traveling with my child with grandparents in the other portion. They have to leave early due to work... so when the door becomes locked, it was very sad for the remaining days because the child still wants to knock the door and go over to say good night every night :sad:

Thanks for sharing your experience.pixiedust:

We did the opposite, changed from a one bedroom to a two bedroom lockoff. We notified the front desk (and had it noted on our reservation) and we were able to stay in the same one bedroom portion.

When you talk to MS, ask if they have you scheduled for a dedicated or lockoff 1 bedroom. Even though you don't see it on the website, they do mark them internally for inventory. If your reservation is dedicated (not part of a lockoff), they may not be able to switch you to a lockoff for your 1 bedroom reservation. For example, about half of the 1 bedrooms at BWV are dedicated.

We did the opposite, changed from a one bedroom to a two bedroom lockoff. We notified the front desk (and had it noted on our reservation) and we were able to stay in the same one bedroom portion.

We did something similar at BLT and had problems. We went from a studio to a 2 bedroom. They made us check out, move our stuff b/c they hadn't assigned our room, only to go back into the same room hours later. We had the reservation linked, called a week before, mentioned it at check in and still had a headache. I was expecting the checkout/in but I was frustrated that we moved back into the same room.

I've done it twice, once at OKW and once at Kidani, no problem in going from a 2bd lock-off to a one bedroom! It may be harder to up size than to downsize! I booked it that way and then e-mailed MS advising them that I wanted to stay in the same 1bd! No problem either time!

I tried to do this at Kidani when i was making our reservation and was told by MS that I could not. We have a 2 bed but most family are leaving earlier than us. When I asked if we could do a lock off and give up part of it when we became a smaller group, MS told me that we would definitely have to pack everything up and change rooms - even if we did a lock off. So we are keeping the 2 bed even though no one will be sleeping in the second bedroom because its not worth the hassle of packing and moving with groceries and a toddler.

Deb & Bill said:

That is good to hear. Besides getting new room keys on the check out/check in day, did you have to do anything else, like pack up as another poster did?

I tried to do this at Kidani when i was making our reservation and was told by MS that I could not.
I did it by doing 2 separate reservations from the get go! And as I said, followed the reservation up by an e-mail to MS, they replied saying that they couldn't guarantee it but would try! I also informed them at check-in, and in both cases I had no issue staying in the same room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter