2 days, 3 parks, some resort hopping in early december

Lori74

DIS Veteran
i'm usually on top of things, but its been a tough year for me. i need help and fresh minds.

we arrive at old key west dec 5, hopefully get an adr at disney springs, then a bit of resort hopping

-disclaimer: we aren't thrill riders

dec 6 & 7 we are park hopping. hollywood studios, epcot and animal kingdom are where we are going. (magic kingdom on the back burner since we've recently gone.)
we've never been to animal kingdom, so we thought we'd start there one of the days and do the safari. then i want to see the gorillas, other than that we don't seem to be too interested in this park. since we can't hop until 2, i thought we could knock out some resort hopping until we head to another park.

hollywood studios is where my son wants star wars everything. we've never really spent a full day in this park, (but that was before they expanded the star wars stuff and toy story) with that being said, still not sure this is a full day park for us.

epcot i can never get enough time in, we take it slow and usually go around the world twice. we've never been during xmas, so might be even more wonderful in our eyes.

we need to buy tickets but not sure what parks to reserve to start out our days. i'm guessing the extended evening hours probably wont be anywhere in the 2 days we are there. also wednesday night is hollywood studios party, thursday night is magic kingdom party.

we did use genie+ at mk and quite liked the convenience of it, so that is a consideration if ya'll think it would help our lives. (remember, we arent thrill riders) we are the types that if we get to it, great, if we dont there will be another time. we dont need to cram everything in.

tues: check in okw dis springs/resort hop
wed: parks (resort hop/skyliner?)
thurs: parks (resort hop/skyliner?)
fri: check out and head to a cruise

thanks for your help! it's been a very tough year, i'm hoping to end it on a happy note :tink:

If you can't get enough Epcot, go both days. I'd start one of your days at Epcot and hop to HS. Get G+ and stack rides for the evening at HS if you think there are a few you would use it for (MMRR, ST, MFSR, and TSMM all have LL, but I don't know what your thrill tolerance is) You can also get a ride or two with G+ at Epcot that day to use before you hop (Remy, Frozen, and Soarin would be good choices if they interest you).
I've had good luck with afternoons at AK, but if you only want to see a few animals and ride Safari then morning would work, too. It's generally believed that the animals are more active in the morning, but I've had good afternoon safaris as well. I probably wouldn't get G+ this day. Also my family enjoys Pandora as well as the AK shows if you wanted to extend your time there a little.

Definitely consider going to the Lion King show at AK. It is an absolutely amazing show.

And watch some of the street performers at AK too, maybe while having a snack and cold drink.

Maybe try Rafiki’s Planet watch there as well and do the drawing class for a free souvenir.

Also, Navi River Journey is a slow dark boat ride, and although it is very short, it is a beautiful ride. With a really good animatronic in it.

If you start at AK, maybe plan a sit down lunch there (we like Yak & YETI) or try Nomad Lounge for a break with light snacks or a meal.

That could help fill in your morning at AK.

If you want to resort hop, maybe lunch at Boma in AKL.

You can always stack G+ rides at HS for the afternoon there after AK. And maybe consider ILL$ for Rise to make life a bit easier if that’s in the budget.

Maybe dinner In Galaxies Edge at Docking Bay 7!

Have fun!

Thank you for all of the suggestions! Stars wars stuff is a must do for son, everything else is just icing. I was thinking it would have to be done starting at early entry, is it not absolutely necessary? Also, I haven't done my homework, do party days affect how busy that specific park is during the day?

Thank you for all of the suggestions! Stars wars stuff is a must do for son, everything else is just icing. I was thinking it would have to be done starting at early entry, is it not absolutely necessary? Also, I haven't done my homework, do party days affect how busy that specific park is during the day?
At MK, on the days when they have parties those nights, the crowds are low and lines are short, at least until the time when the guests with only party tickets can enter the park. Jollywood Nights is new this year, and I don't know whether DHS ever had parties before, so we have no track record as to how the party will affect the daytime crowds. But the same reasons that keep people with one-park tickets from going to MK on party days could cause DHS to be less crowded on party days too.

Depending on what time you are checking in on Tuesday I would try to go to one of the parks. During holiday season Epcot has the storytellers in the different countries and the Candlelight Processional offered 3 times in the evening the best way to endure a seat is to get a dining package you will need more time spent there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter