2 days at Epcot or MK?

I would say MK for sure, with young kids in your party. Epcot is fantastic for adults, especially with all the food options, but even my teenage brother gets a little tired of it after about half a day. He's only interested in rides, and Epcot just doesn't put thier focus in rides.
It is worth noting that MK is not only, or even mostly, just castles and princesses - great news for the boys in your life! Really the only princess oriented stuff is the castle (which is, of course, the centerpiece, I think that is why people think of it as a "Princess" park), and Fantasyland. But even in Fantasyland you have Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Mickey's Philharmagic, and other things boys might like.
I think in the MK, boys would especially enjoy Frontierland, Adventureland, and Storybook Circus. Also, as somebody mentioned, Tom Sawyer Island is a good option for young kids.
Whatever you decide, I hope you have a magical first trip!
Thank you! Very helpful.

My kids are 12 & 7 and would choose an extra day at MK because there is so much to do. That being said, they love Epcot. I would not plan for only 1/2 day there like someone else suggested. I think it needs at least a full day. Something else to consider is Toy Story Land will be open when you are there and that may change the time you need/want to spend in HS.

Of all 4 parks, especially with kids your age, Epcot is the most "Blah" IMO. The World Showcase does nothing for anyone in my family. We did the kids stuff there when they were younger and even by the end of it, they were bored and wanted to move on to something more. I'd spend a full day there and take in everything the park has to offer, but if you are thinking of a 2nd day, I'd definitely NOT pick my 2nd day at Epcot. We don't even do Illuminations there anymore as it has lost its appeal. MK/HS/AK all will have way more that will interest both kids and adults. If you want to eat and drink and ignore your kids, then Epcot is the way to go. Personally, I never could figure out why people would pay to enter a theme park to go eat/drink (World Showcase). The countries are fine, but nothing that is a "cant miss".

If you want to eat and drink and ignore your kids, then Epcot is the way to go.
WHAT? Ignore your kids? I am pretty sure that parents that ignore their kids will do so no matter where they are and I am having trouble figuring out what Epcot has to do with that. My family loves Epcot. There is much more to do there then most people take the time to see. But if in your mind you are all about rides, rides, rides, then Epcot is not for you. But for us, we can take pleasure and interest in the architecture and the entertainment and the cultural exhibits they have. We have been taking our kids to WDW since they were 1 and 2 years old(now they are 16 &17) and we always spend several days at EPCOT. And yes, they do like it. Not to mention all of future world. I think anyone who has never been should go and see it for themselves. I don't think anyone should paint such a horrible picture of Epcot just because they can't see all that it has to offer. It is like people that say they will never go to AK because they "have a zoo where they live". OP, I would go to all 4 parks and then decide where you want to go on your last day.

WHAT? Ignore your kids? I am pretty sure that parents that ignore their kids will do so no matter where they are and I am having trouble figuring out what Epcot has to do with that. My family loves Epcot. There is much more to do there then most people take the time to see. But if in your mind you are all about rides, rides, rides, then Epcot is not for you. But for us, we can take pleasure and interest in the architecture and the entertainment and the cultural exhibits they have. We have been taking our kids to WDW since they were 1 and 2 years old(now they are 16 &17) and we always spend several days at EPCOT. And yes, they do like it. Not to mention all of future world. I think anyone who has never been should go and see it for themselves. I don't think anyone should paint such a horrible picture of Epcot just because they can't see all that it has to offer. It is like people that say they will never go to AK because they "have a zoo where they live". OP, I would go to all 4 parks and then decide where you want to go on your last day.
I guess I struck a chord?

Hmm....5 and 7 year old boys at WDW and have been to each park 1 day already and can choose a 2nd day at a park.....rides, animals, adventure or food and architecture. Yeah, they are going to want to go back to Epcot.......riiiiiiiight !:sad2:

As PPs have said - we love EPCOT also - and could go there everyday - but I do not think you can do MK in 1 day. It just is that big. I don't know how busy it will be that time of year but I still would give MK 2 days.

Go to one each park for the first 4 days, and on the 5th day take a vote if where everyone wants to go. You don’t need to decide in advance!
I would actually disagree with this. I would tentatively pick Magic Kingdom for your extra day, and make some Fastpass reservations there well in advance. You can always change your mind later and reschedule your FPs for a different park, but if you wait till the last minute without having scheduled any FPs ahead of time, your fast pass options could be limited.

I guess I struck a chord?

Hmm....5 and 7 year old boys at WDW and have been to each park 1 day already and can choose a 2nd day at a park.....rides, animals, adventure or food and architecture. Yeah, they are going to want to go back to Epcot.......riiiiiiiight !:sad2:

I did not say that they would choose Epcot. I think they will probably go with MK. But the picture you painted about Epcot has not been our experience at all. I feel like you must be missing things. I still don't understand why you said that just because you are in Epcot that you would ignore your kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter