2 Deluxe Studios(oceanview or poolside) vs 2 bedroom Island/GardenView?

luvmychaos

Mouseketeer
Looking for a little insight for an upcoming trip in September. There will be 7 of us - 3 kids(8,10,13) and 4 adults. We could book 2 studios for less points than a 2 bedroom. If we went for the Island/Garden View, it would be even less. I don’t know if view is enough of a trade off? Or is the point value enough of a reason(the points saved in 2 studios - 84 if Island, 18 if Poolside, same points as 2 bd if Oceanview)?
This will be our first time going to Aulani so I have zero experience. We figured at the very least we’d be doing breakfast&lunch in the room and at most,because I am on vacation too, a few dinners made(if we have the full kitchen). I want this to be the most magical “Disney” vacation for my mom because it’s her 1st toe dip in Disney waters :cheer2:and I’m hoping we get her hooked! :stitch: ps. The main reason for wanting to bank points is to have enough if they decide to venture to WDW with us :grouphug::earboy2:

2 studios is cheaper (by quite a bit) but you will miss a few things vs. the 2 bdr (and gain a few things)

The 2 bdr will have a full kitchen with dining table, vs the half kitchen and no dining table of the 2 studios. It will also have 3 balconies, and 3 toilets, plus a bath tub with water jets in it. Lots more space as its basically 3 rooms. With everyone in 1 room the kids might enjoy having space to play in the room. Depending on the length of stay the washer/drier can also allow you to pack less.

With 2 studios you gain the advantage of having a kids room with a “sacrificial” adult to watch all 3 while the rest of the adults get to relax away from the chaos.

Food costs can add up quick if eating at/near the resort so that full kitchen can really help.

For me the biggest differences would be the 3 toilets and tub with water jets...an extra toilet can mean a lot if you ever need it.

Obviously, this comes down to a very personal choice. In addition to what the PP mentioned, one of the main considerations is how you plan to spend your time.

If you envision a decent amount of time spent in the room, the two-bedroom unit would likely make more sense with the additional space. I do not believe there are any adjoining studios so you will either all be huddled into a single room or dependent on finding common areas when/if you all want to be together. For some families this could be a benefit!! However, if you think you will be gone a lot – either exploring the island or taking up residency at the pool and/or lagoon – the studios could work and save points.

At WDW, I find it’s easy to be on the go almost all day and the room really can be just a place to sleep, shower and store things. For Aulani, there is plenty to see and do on the island, and the resort has plenty to offer, but it’s just not the same as WDWand I found us spending more time in the room.

I’d lean more towards space and point comparisons than the view. There are some amazing views, but I think if you had a regret after-the-fact it’s more likely to be about space than view.

Obviously, this comes down to a very personal choice. In addition to what the PP mentioned, one of the main considerations is how you plan to spend your time.

If you envision a decent amount of time spent in the room, the two-bedroom unit would likely make more sense with the additional space. I do not believe there are any adjoining studios so you will either all be huddled into a single room or dependent on finding common areas when/if you all want to be together. For some families this could be a benefit!! However, if you think you will be gone a lot – either exploring the island or taking up residency at the pool and/or lagoon – the studios could work and save points.

At WDW, I find it’s easy to be on the go almost all day and the room really can be just a place to sleep, shower and store things. For Aulani, there is plenty to see and do on the island, and the resort has plenty to offer, but it’s just not the same as WDWand I found us spending more time in the room.

I’d lean more towards space and point comparisons than the view. There are some amazing views, but I think if you had a regret after-the-fact it’s more likely to be about space than view.

That is an awesome point! We would all be together for room time-between eating, relaxing, etc, and that would be right in the studio. If it was my in laws..it would definitely be 2 studios :rolleyes1:laughing: Thanks for the advice!

2 studios is cheaper (by quite a bit) but you will miss a few things vs. the 2 bdr (and gain a few things)

The 2 bdr will have a full kitchen with dining table, vs the half kitchen and no dining table of the 2 studios. It will also have 3 balconies, and 3 toilets, plus a bath tub with water jets in it. Lots more space as its basically 3 rooms. With everyone in 1 room the kids might enjoy having space to play in the room. Depending on the length of stay the washer/drier can also allow you to pack less.

With 2 studios you gain the advantage of having a kids room with a “sacrificial” adult to watch all 3 while the rest of the adults get to relax away from the chaos.

Food costs can add up quick if eating at/near the resort so that full kitchen can really help.

For me the biggest differences would be the 3 toilets and tub with water jets...an extra toilet can mean a lot if you ever need it.
I think we would put 1 kid on the couch in the other studio, so I’ve left that major decision up to my parents. Having a 2bd would truly allow them space to close the door and get some peace(which I totally get :ssst:). I don’t think I could ever drop that on them unless they were 1000% on board. I’ve charged them to figure it out because time is almost up for booking it! Thanks for the help!

We have a large family and have always preferred the 2 bedroom over studios just because having the living room is so nice for family time.

We've never cared about the views. Its so easy to go for a walk on the beach... I don't like any encouragement for my littles to want to hang out on the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter