2 Families Best Resort Monorail Line

DizDice

Earning My Ears
Looking for suggestions. 2 families of four where the kids are all less than 4. Must be Monorail line has already been decided. Previously stayed at Saratoga springs in 2BR villas. Options we are looking at are below. Obviously ease of transportation with the kids is a plus. We love dining just as much as we love the parks. As well as resort hopping. Thx for your tips in advance!

1. Grand Floridian - separate 1 BR villas for each family or a 2 BR.

2. GF - 2 Br villa.

3. Polynesian - separate 1 BR studios.

4. Contemporary/Bay lake tower 2 BR studio.

I’ve always been a fan of the Contemporary. Easy to walk with the kids in strollers to MK. Chef Mickeys is on property if you’re interested in that. We were able to get a theme park view which is great for watching fireworks if you have someone in the family who doesn’t like the noise and/or can’t stay up late. I can’t speak to the Polynesian as we’ve never stayed there.

I love the CR as well for easy walking to/from the park. BLT will be undergoing a much needed refurb so depending on when you’re planning on going, you could have construction to deal with.

I'm in the minority and HATE the walk to/from the contemporary and I hate the theming, and the monorail stop is weird. I'd have to have a REALLY good discount to stay there.

We stayed with a 6 and 2 year old at the Poly and that's been my favorite. Quick monorail ride to MK or you can walk to the TTC and get the monorail to Epcot, and if you're on the DVC side of the Poly, you're closer to the TTC anyway. I loved the splash pad and the quiet pool, and captain cooks. It's been my favorite resort to date.

We did walk through the GF grounds to get to dinner one night, I liked the look of their splash pad.

Which monorail resort to stay at is mostly a matter of budget (price of each place varies) and what you think of the subjective topic of "theming". We stayed at the Contemporary a couple of years ago along with relatives who had small children. VERY convenient to walk TO MK in the morning and there is a separate security line which made things move along faster. After being at the park for several hours, taking the monorail BACK to Contemporary (was the next stop) when the children were tired and ready for a nap made the most sense for us.

Contemporary has always looked futuristic to me and is still the only Disney resort where the monorail goes through the hotel. Even if the walkway was open from Poly (closed apparently during construction), I think that is too far to walk with small children and would certainly use the monorail in both directions when visiting MK. Floridian seems to make the most sense to use walkway to return from MK unless you like the longer monorail loop.

Even if going to Epcot, it is very convenient to hop the other monorail that departs from TTC regardless of which of those 3 resorts you are staying at.

Last edited:
If you are looking for Monorail access to both MK and EPCOT POLY. When returning from EPCOT you need to switch monorails by walking down a ramp and up another. POLY you can walk from TTC. The ramps and strollers are rough especially being it is at the end of the day.
However with Young kids I doubt you will be closing the parks so if you plan on just MK any one is fine. GF has both a walkway and one stop to MK. Poly is in the middle - and important offers the best kids splash area- CR has a walkway or one stop back.
For monorail overall our pick is POLY.

You can’t go wrong with Poly or GF . Both are amazing and convenient. I would definitely get separate 1 Bedrooms though . Both have great restaurants and quick service locations. Poly feels smaller and more crowded with Ohana to me but is so beautiful . GF always feels super quiet and relaxing . They are both amazing resorts with beautiful newly renovated rooms . I would never stay at CR with kids . It’s sterile and boring .

Thank you all so much for the responses so far. I realize I wasn’t as detailed as I should have been as well. The planned trip is May 2025. We would be booking with a DVC. We’d be going for a full week with some built in pool days. Thanks again!

I would do Poly. Lots of close eating options, nicely themed, beach access for fireworks viewing, and access to MK and Epcot monorail.

Poly doesnt have 1 bedrooms if that’s what you’re looking for. Only studios and the bungalows, which are super expensive

Thank you all so much for the responses so far. I realize I wasn’t as detailed as I should have been as well. The planned trip is May 2025. We would be booking with a DVC. We’d be going for a full week with some built in pool days. Thanks again!

Poly doesnt have 1 bedrooms if that’s what you’re looking for. Only studios and the bungalows, which are super expensive

The new DVC Island Tower at Poly will be open by next May and will have 1BR and 2BR villas. It’s hard to predict what availability will be like, though. However, a family of 4 would fit nicely in an existing Deluxe Studio in the original DVC buildings at Poly, so 2 studios for the two families would be fine.

I would do GF 2-1BR. The kids splash area is a decent size, close to the GFV buildings and pool,larger rooms than other resorts. A 2 BR might not have enough space for 8 people or would be more crowded than 4 people in a suite. Gives you more bathrooms and storage too I think with 2 suites.

Looking for suggestions. 2 families of four where the kids are all less than 4. Must be Monorail line has already been decided. Previously stayed at Saratoga springs in 2BR villas. Options we are looking at are below. Obviously ease of transportation with the kids is a plus. We love dining just as much as we love the parks. As well as resort hopping. Thx for your tips in advance!

2. GF - 2 Br villa.

CR 2 br...the walk to/from MK with kids that age can't be beat. Having everything connected and indoors is also really convenient especially if it rains.

I would do 2 - 1 BR villas at GF. With such young children, you will REALLY appreciate the waterplay area as well as the beach and courtyard pools. You have wonderful TS restaurants, great QS at Gaspie's and poolside service. From GF, you can walk, monorail or boat to MK. While Poly has great theming, it has just become too busy to relax. Fun to visit for a meal or a dole whip but then even better to retreat back to the less crowded, more relaxing GF.

2. GF - 2 Br villa.

I would vote for separate 1 bedrooms at VGF so each family has its own space. The rooms are gorgeous and the location of VGF is nicely located to access all GF has to offer. Its also a short walk to Poly if you want to visit or dine there. If you don't mind sharing a space, the 2-bedrooms are also lovely and would be cheaper than 2 1-bedrooms.

I would take BLT off the list - it is due for a big refurb and may not even be available. Great location, but the rooms, currently are seriously old and out-dated.

Personally, I wouldn't book Poly tower until it's open and the reviews start coming in. We don't even have full details on what type of amenities will be offered there. As PP noted, you could book 2 studios in the existing Poly DVC, but there wouldn't be a w/d or full kitchen in the units.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter