2 Fort Wilderness questions ?

john59

<font color=navy>GOD BLESS <font color=red>AMERI
:confused3

We leave for Fort Wilderness tomorrow.

Question 1: DW Shirley and and I love to ride our bikes. Since the tragedy at FW is bike riding still allowed ??? We know Disney is very quick to react to situations.

Question 2: DW told me internet is $10 a pop per day at Fort Wilderness. Me cheap ? No ! ! Well, maybe. On our whirlwind tour, most RV places are free and TengoInternet is $4.95/day which is fair. Actually nothing is really free. They recover cost in their site fee.

Now some places have a hotspot for internet connection. Do you know of one at the Fort or any resort. We actually hit one in Key Largo at John Pennekamp State Park near their concession stand.

Cheapie john---It's really the point that bugs me. My DW retired from DIS, so I have to tread carefully.

Yep, the internet is $9.95 for 24 hours and it is WIRED. You also have to go to the front and get an internet kit which involves a $175 deposit charged to your credit card. (This is refunded when you return it.)

There are a couple of hot spots at the Fort, but it is still $9.95 for 24 hours

You are not cheap John, there are many of us that don't like it. I have an air card that I bring because of the charges. I don't know if you have that option, but even if you use the hotspots, the 10 dollars a day still applies.

If we're just going for the weekend, I use my cellphone. Last Oct/Nov, I popped the $10 for a few days because it was much nicer to use my laptop than my phone. I "fat-finger" bad enough on a regular keyboard. The B.B. Curve's keyboard is a wee bit too small to do a lot of typing on.

I've not heard anything about banning bikes. That would be waaaaaaaaaay over-reacting! It was a freak, unfortunate accident.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In-Room High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Availability: All Disney resorts have in-room High-Speed Internet Access. WDW Swan and Dolphin also have high-speed internet access in their rooms. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fee: $9.95 for a contiguous 24 hour period at Walt Disney World resorts. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTE: Disney Vacation Club Members have "free" wired broadband internet access when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Resort on points. (This perk began in January 2008.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The WDW Swan and Dolphin Resorts include use of High-Speed Internet access in the $10/night resort fee that is charged. (tax not included). [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Requirements: A Local Area Network (LAN) cable, or in-room connection. Fort Wilderness Preferred Camp Sites - Reserve the modem kit before your arrival. Then visit the Front Desk to receive the necessary Modem kit once you are at there. A $125 refundable deposit is required. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by touching 56 from any Disney resort room or house phone.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other Information:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you do not want or can not use the in-room HISA, you have several other options. You may use regular dial-up in the room (check for telephone charges), use wireless connections (see below for details) or visit a resort with a business center (convention hotels).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only one device can be plugged into the HSIA terminal at a time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Most rooms have cables in the closet. Some rooms have cables connected to the modem.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]**********[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) High Speed Wireless Internet Access [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wi-Fi is available to those staying at certain Disney resorts. If your laptop computer or Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) is Wi-Fi enabled, you'll be able to access the internet from the common areas of these resorts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fee: $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. The vendor that provides this Wi-Fi service, Smart City, will bill you using a secure credit card transaction via the on-screen internet connection.

Requirements: a wireless interface card installed on your device. These are available for purchase in each resort's business center.

Availability:

Beach Club
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main Lobby
Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
Stormalong Bay Pool Area
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BoardWalk[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
Main Lobby
Luna Park Swimming Pool Area
Inn Keepers Club Concierge Lounge
Bellevue Lounge
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contemporary[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main Lobby[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tower Club 14th Floor Concierge Lounge
Outer Rim Bar
1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
Main Pool
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coronado Springs[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main Hotel Lobby
Convention Center Lobby area
The Dig Site Pool
Francisco's Lounge
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dolphin[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lobby Bar
Outside at Cabana Grill (near pool)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ft. Wilderness[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
Meadows Trading Post
Crockett's Tavern
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Floridian
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1st Floor Lobby area including Garden View Lounge
Royal Palm Club 4th Floor Concierge area
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swan[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wi-Fi in the lobby area across from the Business Center Desk through a separate vendor that charges per minute or through a longer-time plan. Ask at the hotel's Business Center for details.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yacht Club[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main Lobby area
Regatta Club Concierge Lounge
Stormalong Bay Pool
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling the vendor, Smart City, at their help desk: 407-938-HELP.[/FONT]

I used to think it was outrageous the amount they charge for internet at WDW until I started cruise travel, the cruiselines take internet charges to a new dimension, is it really that hard to connect in the middle of the ocean :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter