2 Hotels & FP+ cancellation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
My family was going to stay at the Boardwalk with my aunt and uncle staying at the Swan. I made fastpasses for everyone.

If I cancel our hotel stay at the Boardwalk and just drive in both park days (we live an hour away) will the fastpasses for everyone be OK since the aunt and uncle will still be at the Swan?

I'm afraid if I call Disney to ask I won't get correct information :rolleyes1

In theory they should be cancelled. In actuality I don’t think they are being cancelled (yet) though you will get an email saying that they are, but they become un-modifiable.

So you've combined your reservation at BW and your Aunt/Uncle's resevsation at the Swan and made advance FP+ reservations at the 60 day mark? Now you're going to drop your BW reservation and leave the Swan? Yeah my understanding is that you will lose the FP+ for those that were registered at the BW, if your not all listed on your Aunt/Uncle's reservation at the Swan.

My family was going to stay at the Boardwalk with my aunt and uncle staying at the Swan. I made fastpasses for everyone.

If I cancel our hotel stay at the Boardwalk and just drive in both park days (we live an hour away) will the fastpasses for everyone be OK since the aunt and uncle will still be at the Swan?

I'm afraid if I call Disney to ask I won't get correct information :rolleyes1
When the FP system does it sweep of FPs over 31 days out from usage, it checks for a linked onsite reservation. The Swan is considered an onsite resort for FPs and protects your FP as long as you are correctly linked to the MDX with the Swan reservation.

When the FP system does it sweep of FPs over 31 days out from usage, it checks for a linked onsite reservation. The Swan is considered an onsite resort for FPs and protects your FP as long as you are correctly linked to the MDX with the Swan reservation.

I would have expected their FPs to be gone since they aren't staying onsite or at the Swan, but the aunt and uncle would be safe since they are staying onsite.
For their sake, hopefully your answer is correct.

I would have expected their FPs to be gone since they aren't staying onsite or at the Swan, but the aunt and uncle would be safe since they are staying onsite.
For their sake, hopefully your answer is correct.
The Swan Reservations don’t list individual names. That reservation covers the Profiles of all who are listed or linked to that MDX.

Thank you everyone. I'm not sure what is meant by linking hotel reservations. We were to stay at Boardwalk, relatives at Swan. I made fastpasses for everyone. We're going May 4-5, The Swan relatives from May 4-7.

From what I understand since they are still at the Swan their fastpass are definitely OK, but ours (the Boardwalk ones) might or might not be cancelled?

Thank you everyone. I'm not sure what is meant by linking hotel reservations. We were to stay at Boardwalk, relatives at Swan. I made fastpasses for everyone. We're going May 4-5, The Swan relatives from May 4-7.

From what I understand since they are still at the Swan their fastpass are definitely OK, but ours (the Boardwalk ones) might or might not be cancelled?
Is the Swan reservation linked to your MDX or to their MDX.

Either way, if you cancel BWI now, your FPs remain intact based on linked tickets because you are within the 30 day window.

The Swan is linked to their MDX. Our accounts are friends so I could make all the fastpasses for them.

The Swan Reservations don’t list individual names. That reservation covers the Profiles of all who are listed or linked to that MDX.

I’ve never stayed at Swolphin, but I have been meaning to branch out and try new resorts. This is great news. I learn something new every day!

Although it seems obvious, I will just add that your fast passes will remain if you cancel your hotel reservation within the 30day date of stay only in instances where you have a room only reservation and your park tickets were purchased separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter