2 questions about check-in

june@imsarc.com

DIS Veteran
1. If my son's check in time is between 9 and 11, what time should he arrive? I saw that some people get in line at 5am??

2. Do parents stay with the students who are checking in?

Thx, in advance!

1. Does your son have roommates lined up that he wants to live with, if so I would get there no later than 7 am to get in line with them. Or if he is set on wanting a certain apartment complex and bedroom setup? If he doesn't care it doesn't really matter what time he gets there. The upside to being in the first half of the line is obviously more apartment options available and being in the first group to go to Casting.

2. Parents hang out in a tent with tables and chairs while they do the check in process, then you can go with them to their apartment and help them get set up. My Roommates parents unpacked her stuff while she was at Casting. Casting can take hours and there is no where for parents to wait other than the apartment or going to lunch or something.

Everything said above.

I dropped her off at 4 am and we went back to the resorts. People were lined up outside the gate (including one or two parents).

We came back at 7:30 am and went to the parents welcome center. Cookies, coffee, lemonade provided.

We were done by 10:45 - she made the second group to go go casting. I believe it's 50 at a time.

So is it the earlier you get to casting the better? What exactly do they do there?

It doesn't really matter when you get to casting. If you get there early though you'll have more time after to go grocery shopping and explore the complex after. At casting the first thing they do is tell you where you will be working. Location has been chosen long before you arrive. After they give you your work location they first validate your eligibility to work in the US. Having a Passport was a fastpass through this part of casting. Next you go to a small room where they ask if you've ever been convicted of a felony take your prints and ask you to verify your information. After that you set up direct deposit or payroll card. Next I think you go to a room where they scrutinize you and tell you all about the Disney Look. Last you have to sign a few papers then hop on the bus back to Vista.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter