2 Questions- Aulani at 7months, and what other hotel for 2 nights?

Figment1983

Mouseketeer
What is the availability like for DVC at 7 months for a studio the end of September, prefer ocean view.

Where would you recommend for 2-3 nights before, Waikiki, Oahu, etc....and what hotel.

It will be Me, wife, daughter (8), son (almost 4)

We went two years ago and got an ocean view studio at 6 months out for the 3rd week of September. Initially, we were looking at the week before but had to change things up a bit to get the view we wanted for 10 nights.

We did our whole stay at Aulani and rented a car for day trips around the island so cannot speak to Waikiki area.

Awesome, thank you! I want to book plane tickets using miles as soon as they come available, I guess possible we don't get the view we want, but as long as we have a room probably good.

Maybe we will just spend the 10 days there and not move....would be a nice long relaxing trip in one spot!

We are going at the end of September and staying in a studio. I posed this same question last year and the consensus was that it shouldn't be too difficult. It helps that September is off season. We rented points and were able to rent from an Aulani owner at 10 months out with no issue, standard view.

We are staying 3 nights in Waikiki prior to our Aulani stay. During this time, we'll do Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor. That way, when we move to Aulani, we can avoid driving/parking in the Waikiki area and don't have to go back there. We're staying at the Waikiki Beach Marriott - got a good price from our TA and it seems to be centrally located.

I'd stay in Waikiki before Aulani, but where depends on your budget. Halekulani is the best place, Royal Hawaiian after that and Outrigger hotels are a good value for on the beach. The Hyatt Regency and Marriott Waikiki are both very nice too.

I had ocean view studio and I was not impressed for the extra points it used. The Hui Starlight thing is right below those rooms and it can be noisy. The ocean is just a small sliver.
Next time we will get the pool view or Valley.

Depends on the room, regarding the ocean view. The DVC board had a thread of photos so you could at least tell where to request.

Mine was September but I didn't want ocean, I wanted island. Ocean was available at 7 months though.

Maybe at least ask for a high floor.

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and visited Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor given its proximity to both. It is a beautiful hotel and allows you to visit restaurants and attractions close to Waikiki vs driving in from Aulani. Hilton Hawaiian Village also has a view of Diamond Head that is fantastic and is oceanfront. Highly recommend!

We are going this October. First a 7 day cruise on NCL's Pride of America followed by 8 days at Aulani. I had no problem booking at 7 months.

Hi

I have never stayed at Aulani and have just recently made Ty first dvc purchase. I have been to Hawaii 3 times. I've stayed once at outrigger on the beach, and another time at outrigger reef, and the last time I rented a condo on the north shore side at turtle bay. I loved them all. My friend stayed at embassy suites across from the outrigger, that too was nice and includes a breakfast buffet each day and a small cocktail hour around 4 or 5. Any questions I'd be happy to help.

What is the availability like for DVC at 7 months for a studio the end of September, prefer ocean view.

Where would you recommend for 2-3 nights before, Waikiki, Oahu, etc....and what hotel.

It will be Me, wife, daughter (8), son (almost 4)

We got an ocean view studio for this October at exactly 7 months, I'm sure September wouldn't be a problem. It'll be me, husband and son (5yo). We are also staying for two nights in Waikiki prior to our week at Aulani. We have reservations at the Ohana East but I'm still keeping my eyes out for a better deal but I don't think I can beat the $115/night deal I got.

We are staying in Waikiki before Aulani just so we can do all our shopping and eating (Waikiki has tons of food options) before we go to Aulani to relax.

For my prior trips to Oahu, I've stayed at the Waikiki Banyan, Ocean Resort (now Hyatt Place), Waikiki Resort, Outrigger Beach, Marriott Waikiki, Hilton Hawaiian Village and Park Shore. Of those hotels, I would pick the Hilton or Banyan since you have kids.

Ok, so maybe thinking with traffic and parking, maybe 2 nights in waikiki will be a good idea. Is it much of a drive if were were to just stay at Aulani and drive into waikiki? We will have a car the whole time.....trying to decide on what is best for 10 nights

3 nights waikiki 7 Aualani
2 nights waikiki 8 Aulani
or just 10 nights Aulani

Personally, if you want to spend time in Waikiki, I would stay there for those days. Rush hour traffic into/out of Honolulu from the west side (where the Aulani is located) can be pretty bad if you don't plan your driving times right, and that puts a damper on vacation time, in my opinion. Plus, it will be convenient for any activities in that area and save you the driving time, etc.

I love Four Seasons Chain. Still not sure if it is the best choice. Especially with RC having residences. Maybe The Modern would be a good comp

Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach is a good spot for a short stay. Right in the middle of the action and I think that's the one that has Duke's downstairs which is a great place for a special dessert and a drink. Good rates too usually. We have stayed there previously and enjoyed it for a night or two.

Ok, so maybe thinking with traffic and parking, maybe 2 nights in waikiki will be a good idea. Is it much of a drive if were were to just stay at Aulani and drive into waikiki? We will have a car the whole time.....trying to decide on what is best for 10 nights

3 nights waikiki 7 Aualani
2 nights waikiki 8 Aulani
or just 10 nights Aulani

Honolulu has some of the worst commuter traffic in the country and Ko Olina is in the heart of it heading to Waikiki. It is miserable.

Stay in Waikiki at least 2 nights, 3 would be better.

The top three hotels are Halekulani, Royal Hawaiian and Moana.

Best value on the beach are Outrigger Reef on the Beach and Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach.

After that the Hyatt Regency, Marriott and Waikiki Parc are all nice places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter