2 tip or not to tip

Mr.Toad

Earning My Ears
I was working on my vacation budget and began to work out the amount of cash I was going to need for tipping. Here is the original:

Town Car - 10$
Bell hop – from Car to luggage room in resort - 6$
Bell hop – for possible Storage - 5$
Bellman – from storage to our room - 6$
Mousekeeping Day 1 - 4$
Mousekeeping Day 2 - 4$
Mousekeeping Day 3 - 4$
Mousekeeping Day 4 - 4$
Mousekeeping Day 5 - 4$
Mousekeeping Day 6 - 4$
Mousekeeping Day 7 - 4$
Bellman – from storage to our room - 6$
Bellhop – for possible Storage - 5$
Bellhop – from Car to luggage room in resort - 6$
Town Car - 10$
Total - 82$

New List.
Town Car - 7$
Bell hop - from Car to luggage room in resort - 0
Bell hop - for possible Storage - 0
Bellman - from storage to our room - 6
Mousekeeping Day 1 - 0
Mousekeeping Day 2 - 0
Mousekeeping Day 3 - 0
Mousekeeping Day 4 - 0
Mousekeeping Day 5 - 0
Mousekeeping Day 6 - 0
Mousekeeping Day 7 - 0
Bellman - from our room to storage - 6
Bellhop - for Storage - 0
Bellhop - from luggage room in resort to Car - 0
Town Car - 7
Total - 26

Difference 56

I got the new numbers buy using the following suggestions after calling the town car service and the resort I am staying in.

Towncar – 10%-15% of total cost before coupon. Then divide in half for trip in and other half for trip out. (80.00 Cost tip = 8.00 to 12.00/2 = $4 to $6 each way. I am giving $7)
Bellhop – for taking bad to storage room. None (per Bell Services Manager at resort).
Bellhop – for storage of bags. None it’s a service provided by resort (per Bell Services Manager at resort)..
Bellman – for carrying from storage to room. $1 per bag is customary. This is a tipping position and tips are appreciated and expected. (per Bell Services Manager at resort).
Maid / Mousekeeping. None this is a non tipping position and although accepted is not expected. (per Bell Services Manager at resort).
Bellman – for carrying from room to storage. $1 per bag is customary. This is a tipping position and tips are appreciated and expected. (per Bell Services Manager at resort).
Bellhop – for taking bad to storage room. None (per Bell Services Manager at resort).
Towncar – 10%-15% of total cost before coupon. Then divide in half for trip in and other half for trip out. (80.00 tip = 8.00 to 12.00/2 = $4 to $6 each way. I giving $7)

$56 is a trip to DQ for my son and I. Tese new numbers seam reasonable, and bearable to me.

Any thoughts?

2 days and a wake up!!!

It all comes down to personal perference. I always tip by your first scenario.

We have always tipped mousekeeping because they have always gone above and beyond to make our stay memorable! We really won't miss the extra $2 dollars per day which is usually what we tip unless they do something extra ordinary!

Town Car - 10$ (Also gives luggage to luggage personnel for storage) Bell services will deliver to your room on their schedule and will do it even while your gone, so just head for the parks and enjoy.
Mousekeeping Day 1 - 2$
Mousekeeping Day 2 - 2$
Mousekeeping Day 3 - 2$
Mousekeeping Day 4 - 2$
Mousekeeping Day 5 - 2$
Mousekeeping Day 6 - 2$
Mousekeeping Day 7 - 2$
Luggage Service from room to storage - 4/5$ (Call the night before and arrange for pickup) Leave the luggage by the door and head on to the parks. We usually leave it in an envelope on top of the suitcase.
Town Car - 10$
Total - 49$

Hey Guys.... I really have never considered us to be over tippers....but this is what we do. Take into account that we have 6 people.

We tip Tiffany $10, each way.....if he is exceptionally wonderfully, my DH has been known to go up to $15.

Bellhop, from car to hotel, $5 each way
Bellman, hotel to room, $1 per bag around $10 for us.
Mousekeeping, $6 per day, and a little extra on the last day, if she has paid special attention to our room!

We take our Mousekeeping Tip and put it in an envelope and I let the kids decorate it in their special way and we leave it on the unmade bed. (all this artwork is done at home) actually we have tips for all these people predone in envelopes before we ever leave home...that way we can just pull them out and have it all ready!

I have thought about the tipping thing...and read alot on these boards. Disney is a wonderful place to be, magical and entertaining, but face it, it takes some hard working people to "make" that magic! Shoot, when you invest several thousand on a vacation for your family, we think it is worth it to spend an additional $50-$70 on tipping and making someone else day...that has gone out of there way to make our trip special. Just a thought from this girl, once again it comes down to personal preference. Have a great trip....:bounce:

Hey Mr. Toad.....I think MacBadger would want you to tip using your #1.....he knows the value of service!;)

Well the boss has had the final word on tipping! We are using the a modified scenario from my first post. She had made all the envelopes and informed me that she was not opening them or making any further changes and for me to lighten up!

I am opting for a happy home and happy resort personnel. The difference is not worth the ill will or bad feelings that may occur at home or from the staff.

We too use the envelopes but I used Disney graphics rather than hand drawn stuff.

1 day and a wake up!!!

[COLOR=deeppink
Great Idea Mr Toad....where did you have them printed out or did you do the logo yourself? We are going in August...perhaps I could do both...Disney Logo on one side and kids scribbling on the back..lol..Have a great trip!][/COLOR]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter