• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2 weeks at OKW in May ‘25 - possible?

LeeDonald

New DVC owners, still learning the ropes!
Hello everyone!
We’re planning a big family trip next May (2025) and are looking for three studios for two weeks. We are looking to rent points for two rooms at 11 months (any tips?) and then use our CCV points to book the third studio, 7 months out.
My question is, how likely are we to find a studio at OKW in May (16-30) seven months out? I’m worried that the rest of the family will rent points and then we won’t get a room at 7 months.
Our alternative is to stay at SSR but we all really like the look of OKW and would save some points too.
Thanks for any advice!

Hello everyone!
We’re planning a big family trip next May (2025) and are looking for three studios for two weeks. We are looking to rent points for two rooms at 11 months (any tips?) and then use our CCV points to book the third studio, 7 months out.
My question is, how likely are we to find a studio at OKW in May (16-30) seven months out? I’m worried that the rest of the family will rent points and then we won’t get a room at 7 months.
Our alternative is to stay at SSR but we all really like the look of OKW and would save some points too.
Thanks for any advice!
I think the odds are good. May is a slower time.

For those times in 2024 at 7-months out, OKW studios were available except for ones in the near Hospitality House booking category.

Just make sure everyone in the party is okay with a few flights of stairs. I have a lot of discussions with my family on the possibility of OKW vs SSR for "affordable" family trips and we often struggle to pick OKW as we have concerns with some of the older family loving the stairs for multiple days. Only a few buildings at OKW have the elevators.

As for availability, as others have said likely no issues as long as you are okay with being in the regular (not near HH) rooms.

Thank you all very much for your help and comments. We were very much torn between OKW and SSR but think we will go ahead with OKW. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter