2 year olds get free entree?

♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer
I read a post where someone mentioned a 2 year old would receive a free kids meal at Via Napoli if rest of family were on the dining plan. Is this correct?

Is there anywhere else this applies (aside from buffets)?

I read a post where someone mentioned a 2 year old would receive a free kids meal at Via Napoli if rest of family were on the dining plan. Is this correct?

Is there anywhere else this applies (aside from buffets)?

That is not true. 2 yr olds are not guaranteed anything except at buffet, all-you-can-eat places where they eat for free. At any and all a la carte places, they are expected to share with the family or pay OOP for something for them to eat.

NOW, does that mean they never receive a courtesy meal? Of course not. There are all kinds of posts and reports of little ones being given their own meal by a kind CM. Just don't go in expecting it and be excited and grateful when it does.

That is not true. 2 yr olds are not guaranteed anything except at buffet, all-you-can-eat places where they eat for free. At any and all a la carte places, they are expected to share with the family or pay OOP for something for them to eat.

NOW, does that mean they never receive a courtesy meal? Of course not. There are all kinds of posts and reports of little ones being given their own meal by a kind CM. Just don't go in expecting it and be excited and grateful when it does.

Thank you! Thought it may have been policy but I see it’s Pixie Dust. 😊 We will plan on paying OOP.

Our 2 year old always got a free meal at Akerhaus, and the Bon Voyage Breakfast (not sure whether it was pixie dust but it happened at least 3 times)

Our 2 year old always got a free meal at Akerhaus, and the Bon Voyage Breakfast (not sure whether it was pixie dust but it happened at least 3 times)

Good to know! It would be great because my 2 year old loves to eat, but I just couldn't justify spending the money to add him to the dining plan.

Our toddler was given a free kids meal at Bon Voyage and CRT. I've also seen reports from many others that they have as well at those restaurants as well as Akershus and Storybook Dining. It seems to be just character meals. Most character dining are buffet/family style where under 3s eat free anyway, but for the ones that aren't (Bon voyage, CRT, Akershus, Storybook), it seems common for little ones to be offered a free meal. I have seen occasional reports of under 3s NOT being given a free meal at those restaurants too, so I don't think there's any policy guaranteeing it, but you may possibly have a better chance at those restaurants.

When we went when my daughter was 2 she got a free meal at CRT, Storybook Dining, And at BOG dinner they gave her the decorate chip dessert (I ordered an appetizer that she could eat).

But be sure to check the receipt. We had 2 year old grandkids charged at buffets a couple of times. No one asked ages of kids and my grandkids are not extra tall, but it was easy enough to fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter