20 mo old at Blizzard Beach

100AcreMom

Disney Addict
We will be going to Blizzard Beach for the first time in April. I know they have a great children's area, but can my 20 mo old ride on the family raft ride? Can you ride double with small children on the tamer slides? I would like to know the specifics of these attractions - I found a great web site once that gave a lot of detail on the slides, but I can't remember where. Does anyone know of one?

Would love to know these things too. We've never done BB or TL with our kids, age 4 & 2. Someone must know......

BB is great for all ages. I was there this past Sept with my DS who was 18mo. They have an area for young children - Tikes Peak which is phenominal. Shallow water pool with tame slides, sand area, fountains, etc. They also have an area for slightly older children - ski patrol? which is also very nice. We took our DS on the family raft ride and he loved it. Pointed to top of mountain as soon as we got off. They have to sit themselves, no lap seating, but you can squeeze them in between two parents. Also have main pool and lazy river which he enjoyed.

I had (separate rides of course) my 2 1/2 year old DS and also my 1 1/2 yo niece on the double tube slides at BB. I had life vests on them and held them in the front opening using my lower legs as a "seat" so they wouldn't fall thru. Held onto their vest at the back of the arms...make sure you lift when you get to the bottom of the slide or the little ones will get a face full of water...also you will need some assistance at the steps to help off load them when you get out. The kids area is also very good. DOn't know about the family raft ride though.

The rule of thumb at teamboat springs (the family raft ride) is as long as the child can sit up on their own.:D But as always, its up to the ride operater to judge if they can go on or not.:D

We brought our 19 month old dd last August and were terrified once the ride got started. They asked that she sit on here own with dh holding on to her but this turned out to be a poor arrangement and by bottom of ride she was in his lap. would not recommend ride or park for that matter. If it's a busy day lines are much to long and no fast passes etc. Good Luck

I wouldn't hesitate to take a tot on Teamboat Springs but I'd think twice about doing the double tubes. While I'm sure the child won't drown on touchdown, the seating arrangement virtually guarantees a good faceful of water and probably a good dunking as you're getting off the tube to assist the child. If he/she isn't afraid of going under water for a moment, it could be fun. If he/she is, I'd pass until next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter