$200 gift card loaded onto MB?

Tash87

DIS Veteran
Today I've been told by VH that the gift card is loaded into our MB?

Although it sounds great, I've never heard of this before. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this just another myth from VH? :confused3

probably another myth, or misinformed rep.

If it were true, that would not be as great as it sounds.
Gift cards do not expire, so if you don't spend it all this trip, that's money in the bank for the next trip.
if it's on the MB it means that it expires at check out.
ok, I know most of us will spend well over $200, be it only in tips

now, I would treat that as a myth, because room charge is activated when you check in. VH can't load money on a room charge that's not active yet.

let's wait for first hand reports.

Haven't booked with VH since our first trip to WDW - they were terrible, so never again for us. We have had the card for our last 3 trips (booked direct) and have always had to collect it from Disney Springs. It can then be used to pay for just about anything - we just charge everything to the MB then take the card to have it offset against our account. They can only offset up to the amount on your account so you may have to go back if you try this early in your stay.

Collected ours as always from Disney Springs the other day. Never heard of it being automatically loaded to MB although it can be added to your band at reception once you have it. Think the rep might be confused!

Mrs TT

Hhmmmm just as I thought. Thanks guys :)

I think with VH you usually collect your gift card from the rep at the VH desk in the airport? That's what somebody on these forums said.

@Scillycruisers thats a shame you had a bad experience with VH :guilty:. We have always booked With VH or travelcity ( their sister company ) and they have always been great, so much so, we always seem to go back to them and worried to book with anyone else. Even though the reps sometimes give out wrong info lol. You just get used to that :rolleyes1

We booked direct with the $200 gift card but have a voucher to take to DS for our card.
VH rep or DS sounds more likely than MB.

I completely forgot we've got a $100 gift card as we booked direct. Do we need anything in writing or just go to customer services in Disney Springs and wave a magic band?

When you receive your documents from Disney there is a letter that shows has all your details - booking ref; hotel; dates; tickets; DDP etc and also your entitlement to your gift card. You take this along with photo ID (passport/driving licence) to Customer Service desk in World of Disney at Disney Springs and hey presto!

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter