2002 coaster might not happen

fboy9287

DIS Veteran
Last night i was watching the making of a coaster and they said a normal coaster takes 18 months from start to finish. So July2001+ 18 months gives us December 2002 right? You would think that they would tell us about a new coaster now so people at the park can plan their for trip next year. Any one see my logic?

True true but still who wants a family coaster?
Well, everyone under 54 inches tall that visits IOA and many adults (like my wife) that don't enjoy the full sized coasters (but love Flying Unicorn type coasters.) Of course, this doesn't mean that another one is needed.

Yes, we see your logic. That's just the way the parks are, always top secret about the future. I'll wait the 3 years it takes to design and build the Intamin Giga.

All the family people are gonna flame me, but if we don't voice our opinion, then we'll end up getting an average clone ride that's boring. I don't want an average ride that's the same as all the others. I want another Giga. Hopefully they're designing one behind our backs.

And I won't mind if it has red aircraft warning lights on the top of it. To me, the tall rides are what make the park look cool, like Millennium Force at Cedar Point. As you drive up across the water, you see it and go Wow. Everytime I pass IOA on I-4, I look over at all the rides, seeing Hulk, Doom Drop, and the huge building for Jurassic Park. The rides looming over the skyline of a park look cool. Who cares if there's a red light flashing on top of it?

Now here come all the family people, "but we like kiddie rides." Ok, goto Disney. Once the kids get tall enough to get over the height restrictions at IOA, it's over, there's no going back.

And you know what all the people on the coaster shows talk about the most? The first drop. Everytime they interview the people coming off Steal Dragon, they all say the same thing. The first drop is the best. There ya go, more proof they need to build them higher.

Sure, IOA needs something to handle the large crowds. But if they don't get anything next year, I'll understand, and hope they're designing that Giga behind our backs.

Love to have another world class coaster at IOA. However, I would hate for them to abandon the theme park handbook either.

It would be OK with me if they went for a unique experience coaster based attraction rather than just tall, fast or steep. I've always thought there were more sensory experiences to be had from the coaster experience than Disney has been willing to give us. Let SF/CF give us the latest coaster with no theme and concrete queue lines and let IOA give us great coaster attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter