20040613--Hersheypark meet, 1st or 2nd week of August 2004 -- feeler--INDEXED

I hate to do this, but I might need to change the date of the meet. I'm going to have to take some summer classes at college because the classes I need won't be available next semester (grrr...). So we will see what happens!

please keep us updated, I for one would like to make this meet

We could probably make it. We usually go to Hershey once a year (although we didn't make it last year)

Keep us posted with the plans.

We live close of Kennywood.

Originally posted by Barry Hom
I hate to do this, but I might need to change the date of the meet. I'm going to have to take some summer classes at college because the classes I need won't be available next semester (grrr...). So we will see what happens!

Gee, I just made osme summer plans....

Let us know your dates soon, OK???

PrincessTink (teen board) and I would love to meet at either Knoebels or Hershey.....or both :teeth:
Keep us informed as the months go by.....can't wait until summer now that the weather is getting colder.

And we love to camp......wouldn't it be great to get a bunch together at a campground as well??

Count me in (hopefully, just let me know the date later on)!!! Uhm, will I be the only one staying in a hotel??

<---hates camping with a passion ;)

I haven't been to Hershey in a few years. BEFORE Great Bear was built. I cannot WAIT to ride Lightning Racer.

Barry, if you ever go to Great Adventure, let me know too. That's a bit closer to me.

I hate the offseason, I'm going through coaster withdrawl!

Originally posted by msdznyduck
PrincessTink (teen board) and I would love to meet at either Knoebels or Hershey.....or both :teeth:
Keep us informed as the months go by.....can't wait until summer now that the weather is getting colder.

And we love to camp......wouldn't it be great to get a bunch together at a campground as well??

The campground I go to has a great area for a group! I am definitley up for this!!

We're due for a Hershey trip this summer too! Sounds like fun, keep us updated on dates! Thanks.:)

I was thinking more of this trip. I'm going to be getting a huge tax refund, so I can have some fun with it. There's 3 parks I want to hit:

Dollywood (for their new wooden coaster)
Clementon Park (for their new wooden coaster)
Hersheypark (for Storm Runner)

So if I do a one way flight to Atlanta first, I can hit:

Six Flags Over Georgia
Visionland
Lake Winnie
Dollywood
Paramount's Carowinds (possibly)

Then I can fly from Atlanta to either Philly or Harrisburg and do:
Hersheypark
Knoebel's
Kennywood
Clementon Park

That ought to put me up to about 175 coasters. I won't be hitting 200 this time, but there's always the next season. :)

Hey, Barry, on your 2nd leg, you might want to try flying into Atlantic City. It's reasonably close for Clementon. I had NO IDEA Clementon was adding a coaster. The Jack Rabbit there was the coaster of my childhood. My very FIRST coaster. My Grandmom lived in Clementon and once in a blue moon my younger sister and I would be given some money and WALK over there! My sister tells a story of my FORCING her on to the Jack Rabbit (she was afraid of coasters and we'd been warned to STAY TOGETHER!!). She tells of her relief at the end of the ride turning to despair as the ride operator said "Get your tickets out to ride again" and I began to dig in my pockets and commanded her to "Get your tickets out, we're going again!" She now loves coasters too and has 2 DD's that won't ride them. I tell her they need an evil older sister!!!

And if for some reason I can't manage Hershey, I'll meet you at Clementon!

The Jack Rabbit is being torn down to make way for a new wooden coaster called Tsumani, a S&S wood coaster. S&S makes those space shot rides, like Dominator at Dorney Park and Power Tower at cedar Point.

Yes, I'm said to see a classic coaster from 1919 being torn down. I wonder if the park had space for another woodie.

:( :( :(

OH! I'm sad!! I didn't know Jack Rabbit was being torn down! Had I known, I would have made my way there for one more ride! That stinks!! There goes another little piece of my childhood!!

I'm charting out a course for my summer trip and here's what I'm planning on going:

Six Flags America
Paramount's Kings Dominion
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Wet N Wild Emerald Pointe
Paramount's Carowinds
Lake Winnie
Visionland
Dollywood
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World
Paramount's Kings Island
Kennywood
Lakemont Park
Hersheypark

I'm not sure if I'll do Clemention Park or Knobel's.

It'll be about 2600 miles on the rental car! Thank you, unlimited mileage! :)

I might be at Six Flags Over Georgia and Wild Adventures in March.

I'm working on DH right now! We are only a couple of hours from Hershey and would love to do the meet.

My plans keep on changing due to me meeting another friend, but I'm going to put in stone Saturday, June 12 for Hersheypark and Sunday, June 13 for Knoebel's. I might be back at Hersheypark on Monday, June 14.

I make no promises, but we may be able to make it to HP for a meet on 6/12. I can let you know for sure as the date draws near. I'd love to meet a bunch of DIS kin. DD's birthday is the week before and I've always wanted to take her to HP for her birthday, but something always prevents me from getting there. Not certain we will make it , since DH's new employer holds its Co. Picnic there, but I think not until later in the year.

We already have plans to go to Knoebels for Memorial Day weekend, as a tradition was born a few years back to get together with my mother's side of the family for a picnic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter