20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our baby just got engaged.....:sad: :sad:
at sunset in Key West.........
I'm gonna be a MIL!!! :scared1: :faint:

Okay guys...I hope you can help us....Mom and I saw these incredible trees when were driving down to Florida....we think we saw them in Georgia....no one that we asked could tell us what type of tree they were so I'm coming to my DisFriends and hoping you can help me with the name of this tree....

Here's a picture of the tree

DSCN2740.jpg

Here's a close up picture of the little flowers/blossoms on it....

DSCN2742.jpg

So guys....what kind of tree is this??????

DisneyPinDiva said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bride: :groom:

I guess the question now is.....wedding or cruise in 2007?????​

Seaulater: Can you (or someone else) explain whether signing up for the DVC now would have any benefit in terms of paying for a Mediteranean cruise? Thank You!

Leslie and Joe,

Congrats!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce: :yay: I have to say that your future son-in-law will have the coolest mom and dad-in-law!!!

Elaine.

I think the tree is a Bradford pear. We have one on our front lawn - we had two, but lost one to a lightning strike.

DisneyPinDiva said:

LESLIE!!!

:yay: How :yay: Exciting! :yay:
:woohoo: :lovestruc :woohoo: :lovestruc :woohoo:
I'll bet you're already planning a WDW Wedding???!!!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :mickeyjum :donald: :goofy: pluto:

I agree that your future SIL will have just about the coolest MIL + FIL on the planet!!!

I'm glad you guys already took your cruise this year!!! :lmao:

Thanks everyone.... :grouphug:

I think a WDW wedding has already been ruled out..:faint: They have been talking about a beach wedding in the keys... and now that he's proposed there.... I'm sure that's what it will be. :sad1: Guess I'll just have to do my own vow renewal at WDW!! That is if I don't go insane... I've got the grandpuppies again!!! :crazy:

Janis said:
Elaine.

I think the tree is a Bradford pear. We have one on our front lawn - we had two, but lost one to a lightning strike.

Thank you so much Janis....I knew one of my DisFamily members would be able to help us.

Leslie and Joe,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're in for a really wild ride! When's the wedding? That is so cool, give them a hug from us! Don't forget what I told you about chocolate fountains and great wedding shopping on websites...

Renae

Elaine,

It looks like a peach too, we had one in Utah, and it looked just like that in the spring...

Renae

seaulater said:
Okay, so on the DVC website they have the points posted for the cruise. For a category 11 (inside stateroom) which for Robert and I (without Jamie) works just fine, it is 287 points each (574 total). So, we will probably use points for this cruise I am thinking since it comes to $6.97 per point. Remember, you can bank, use, and borrow so you could use three years at one time.

And, if you work the points to your advantage, you can make them stretch farther.

Let's see

11 day September 2006 cruise-points ($75 exchange fee)
4 day October 2006 member cruise (with so many free giveaways, it's incredible)-points for Robert, Jamie and I ($75 exchange fee)

Anyone want me to send in a referral for you?

:cool1:

If I give up on taking my DVC trip in December I would have barely enough for a Cat 9 (gotta have the window--clausttrophopia thing) And I am not really sure I want to give up December *sigh* If I don't give up December I would not even have enough for a Cat 11.

I just may have rent out some points. :teacher:

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan said:
If I give up on taking my DVC trip in December I would have barely enough for a Cat 9 (gotta have the window--clausttrophopia thing) And I am not really sure I want to give up December *sigh* If I don't give up December I would not even have enough for a Cat 11.

I just may have rent out some points. :teacher:

Debbie
But Deb ... Value resort remember !!

Still be ahead !

Free airfare.. Wendy's

?QUESTIONS? :confused3

If you are visiting EPCOT, on a one-park pass, can you take the monorail to the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian or Polynisian Resort to shop and or eat?

Seem to remember about some item at is exclusive to the Contemporary. Would anyone know what that possibly could be?

Thanx

BobandLee said:
?QUESTIONS? :confused3

If you are visiting EPCOT, on a one-park pass, can you take the monorail to the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian or Polynisian Resort to shop and or eat?

Seem to remember about some item at is exclusive to the Contemporary. Would anyone know what that possibly could be?

Thanx

:wave: Bob, riding the monorail should be fine regardless of passes. People take the monorail in and then buy their passes at Guest Relations once at the parks. Cast members never check.

Sure wish I knew what item is exclusive to the Contemporary. We could have stopped there last week.

Have FUN!!! Hope you and Lee are having a great time! :Pinkbounc

Bob,

Monorail is free all the time, to anyone. So go 'item' hunting all you want, and ask the CM's there what it is that's unique to the Contemporary, they should tell you.

BTW, call me, maybe we can set up a meet! I'll pm you my number...

Renae

seaulater said:
P.S. By the way, DVC and DCL are waiving the 11 month window for the Mediterranean cruises and they can be booked on April 4th when reservations open!

That saves me from paying a deposit and then checking when it is 11 months out and then converting the reservation.

(and you get gifts from DVC in your stateroom when you arrive!)

Linda

Is it easy to convert a reservation? We are thinking seriously of buying into DVC but are worried that if we do, we will not be able to switch our reservations to points once we have made our reservations on April 4th.

MouseKids said:
Is it easy to convert a reservation? We are thinking seriously of buying into DVC but are worried that if we do, we will not be able to switch our reservations to points once we have made our reservations on April 4th.

You might want to post your question on the DVC board....Seaulater (Linda) posted the information on our thread about the points because a lot of people on the original REPO cruise are DVC members.

Not easy as they are considered seperate, so if ya made a cash res you would have to make a seperate DVC res and then cancel the cash res. It has been done but there were special cirumstances. We did this for the May repo cruise.

Maybe not the best logic but you could consider taking the amount one would pay for the cruise and buy DVC, use the points for the cruise, and then have the points for the duration of your DVC contract.

Joe and Leslie Congrats KEWL. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Have fun with the grandpuppies.

Just back from Idaho Falls and Walmart stock will be up on Monday.

Also one of our most recent SCUBA students was scheduled to Cruise on the Star Princes. Spoke with them last night and they had not yet been contacted by the cruise line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter