2006 Disney Album?

The 06 album is definitely a 3 ring binder. My BF works at WDW and asked her to check it out and the report was definitely 3-ring. Very disappointing. We are however going at the holiday time and I see where they have a Holiday one, so I might decide on that one instead :thumbsup2

I like the idea of suggesting that the revamp their albums. Maybe we could contact Disney merchandising and ask them who to suggest it to. I found that when I got home in July of 2005 with my new album, I couldn't get post extenders to fit in the ones used on the album. I had to go buy a whole new kit to change them out. It was sort of frustrating after spending the money on the album.

I know the scrapbook thing is new to Disney, but they seem to be working with great companies to provide the products. There must be some knowledge within the suppliers about the industry.

Maybe that would be a job we could recommend for Disney.....testing the scrapbook supplies before they market them! Free stuff, stuff before we go on trips, yea, that would be fun!

crazy*about*mickey said:
Thanks for the info. Do we know what the holiday album looks like? I am also going at holiday time and would love to know.
Do they really make a seperate Holiday album versus the 06 album? I do not like the 06 album, and we are coming down in Dec. and I will get the Holiday one if they really make one, if not I think I am getting the CM one. I bought the DD's CM 7X7 albums for them to do when we get home.

That would be so cool. I don't recall seeing a holiday album last year. However, I did get a 2005 album...and ALL the holiday album kits (stickers, papers, frames, etc).

phantom728 said:
The 06 album is definitely a 3 ring binder. My BF works at WDW and asked her to check it out and the report was definitely 3-ring. Very disappointing. We are however going at the holiday time and I see where they have a Holiday one, so I might decide on that one instead :thumbsup2

I assume by 'holiday' you mean the December holiday (which is great for the MVMCP guests)...cause it'd be awesome if there was a Halloween scrapbook since we're doing MNSSHP for the first time this year...? :scratchin

P.S. Add me to the list of disgruntled scrappers (3-ring binder? what were they thinking?)!

Just got an entire package from my CM rep - she was offering a special: Disney album, pages, page protectors, Mickey /star punch, Classic Mickey paper and sticker pack, Classic Pooh paper and stickers, black alphabet letters for $92. Think I remembered everything offered - I thought it was a good price for so much.
When we were at WDW last month, I went into the Art of Disney and to their scrapping section. I had a chance to view their new 2006 albums, and decided it was not for me. Everyone has different choices, just wanted to let you know about both albums. Caroline :sunny:

I agree about the '06 album! I loved the cover design, but did not like the 3-ring (3-ring doesn't usually bother me, but the rings are weird!). For this trip, I bought the 12 x 12 "Where Magic Lives" album with Sorceror Mickey on the front.

I bought the holiday album in 2004 when we were there, and I think it is the same one each year. It is 12 x 12, post-bound. It is blue, and it says "The Merriest Place in the World" on the cover. There is a picture on the cover of a Christmas tree with all of the characters around it. It also has 3 cut-out circles (small ones) on the front cover where you can put pictures in. I really liked it!

lovingthemouse said:

Just got an entire package from my CM rep - she was offering a special: Disney album, pages, page protectors, Mickey /star punch, Classic Mickey paper and sticker pack, Classic Pooh paper and stickers, black alphabet letters for $92. Think I remembered everything offered - I thought it was a good price for so much.
When we were at WDW last month, I went into the Art of Disney and to their scrapping section. I had a chance to view their new 2006 albums, and decided it was not for me. Everyone has different choices, just wanted to let you know about both albums. Caroline :sunny:

I've only been to one CM party...with their scrapbooks don't you have to get special pages to fit them thru CM? They're not regular posts are they? Or is the Disney one different? I have about 100 page protectors for a regular 3-post scrapbook that I've been stocking up on and I don't want to buy a CM scrapbook if I have to keep going back thru CM to add pages (which is a little pricey to me)...

P.S. to Stitch... the Where Magic Lives book you bought, is it 3-ring too or is it the expandable post kind?

Maybe it's just because I'm new to scrapbooking, but I like the binder style. It makes it very easy to move things around. I've never used the other kind before and they kind of intimidate me. I bought an album in Disneyland that is great. It is leather with a gold inset castle. The pages inside are 12 x 12 with the openings at the top. I've done several pages already and they fit standard 12 X 12 paper perfectly.
I would love to just get more pages and add my Disney World trip to the same album. Does the scrapbook store in Downtown Disney sell the refill pages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter