2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

Confisco Grille

Pad Thai -
rice noodles, mixed vegetables, bean sprouts, chicken and shrimp tossed in our house made peanut sauce

C271CA4F-00E0-4E03-9215-D63FCAB12388.jpeg

Pork Belly Banh Mi Sandwich
roasted pork belly, pickled carrots and daikon radish, cucumber, cilantro, mint, chili aioli on a soft roll.

I had them prepare without cilantro bc 🧼 it tastes awful to me

94DED13D-6F29-4687-958B-B75BB70CCAAA.jpeg

Chipotle Chicken Wrap - $16.95

grilled chicken, romaine, cheddar-jack cheese, roasted corn, salsa, chipotle sour cream

My daughter ordered without the chipotle sour cream so I guess just a chicken wrap really.

374868A8-7008-4411-A7E2-BF688E4D9514.jpeg

The Confisco BLTA
braised pork belly, lettuce, crispy fried green tomatoes, avocado, chipotle mayonnaise, toasted rosemary focaccia

58353CBD-2870-4FBF-9027-53D4D489FB14.jpeg

Attachments

• E56414FC-896C-4B28-BB6A-B7C0F9416541.jpeg
    E56414FC-896C-4B28-BB6A-B7C0F9416541.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
IMG_3966.jpeg
Burger Digs - grilled chicken sandwich with generous toppings from the serve yourself topping bar
IMG_3965.jpeg
Spring Salad with fried chicken tenders…..in over a dozen visits to Universal we never ate at Burger Digs cuz it gets bad reviews…but we were here in Discovery Center and hungry so….we stayed away from the burgers and were pleasantly surprised…we would each of these items again 😃

View attachment 803809

CAMARONES AL AJILLO.. my favorite at Strong Water in Sapphire Falls…to die for!

View attachment 803811
TEQUEÑOS..ham and Cheese in a puff pastry…good but a lot of cheese!

View attachment 803812
BEEFSTEAK EMPANADAS… these were just OK

View attachment 803817

CAROLE'S PUNCH….this is a wonderful drink! Thanks Carole!

I`m so glad you enjoyed it, definitely one of my favourites!!! I`m counting the days till my next one! And yes the Camarones are wonderful!

It`s nice to see this thread revived again, it`s been a while, thanks for bringing it back to life.

And glad to hear you enjoyed Burger Digs, yes, it does get some poor reviews, good to hear a positive one!

Curry Goat at Strongwater - it was excellent - as always.
I also got the Octopus - forgot the photo - and it was not great TBH.
Also the Mai Tais were not as good as they once were - I think the now use a pre made orgeat - that did give me an excuse to try some other drinks.
Staff is still great even though some of the familiar faces seem to be gone.
PXL_20231022_203909076.jpg

A couple of pizzas from Red Oven - the Pineapple Prosciutto and Jalapeño needed red sauce and its better when they use bacon.
The meat one was very good. The dough is excellent.

PXL_20231019_171921839.jpg
PXL_20231024_161753464.jpg

From Minions cafe "Uncle Dru's Belly Fillin' Pork Sandwich" - it might fill a minions belly and although tasty its pretty small for 15.99 and $1 for the minion tots.
Also The Antidote for 7.99 - not really worth it IMO.
PXL_20231027_153349125.jpg

Can of Who Hash - was not bad at all - wish they lined the can with parchment paper or something so its not messy if you want to keep it.

PXL_20231030_152120224.jpg

Pizza at Aventura - its not as good as it once was and I think it may be a premade base now :(
I assume they made cuts to keep the price the same :(

2023: Just OK
PXL_20231026_201615991.jpg

2018: This was such a great pizza back in the old days

IMG_20180923_152143.jpg

Also 2018: They started with a ball of dough and made every pizza fresh well you watched
P1710830.JPG

Last edited:
Jakes at RPR is one of our favorite places for a drink after a long day at the parks and occasionally dinner. This night my husband and I both ordered the fish and chips and it was great!
IMG_3971.jpeg
IMG_3972.jpeg

We don’t do a lot of fast food at Universal but when we have our whole family with us Simpsons food court offers variety for everyone..and if you mobile order you can skip the insane line and go right to the mobile pickup window … you still have to find a table 🤦🏼‍♀️ which is sometimes a challenge …
our September trip was just myself and husband but I had a craving for the fried chicken from Cletus Chicken Shack
IMG_3985.jpeg

Toothsome’s Brisket and Wild Mushroom Meatloaf: Wife liked it and would get it again. IMG_3852.JPG
Toothsome’s Fork & Knife Grilled Rib Eye Steak Sandwich: house salad with house citrus vinaigrette. Tasted ok, steak was over cooked and chewy. The salad dressing was the best thing about the dish. The sandwich tasted fine, but the steak being fatty and gristly really killed it for me. I would not order again.
IMG_3853.JPG
Toothsome’s Apple Pie Sunday: We would order again.
IMG_3854.JPG

Last edited:
The Cowfish Crab Rangoon Dip: Was great. Had real blue claw crab. Wife does not like crab rangoons but really liked this dip. Would get it again.
IMG_3856.JPG

The Cowfish Taste Explosion Burgushi Roll: Wife liked it a lot and said she would order again.
IMG_3857.JPG

The Cowfish The Rise & Swine Burger: It is a really good burger. Wish the egg was a little runnier. The seasoning on the fries is very tasty. I would order again.
IMG_3858.JPG

Moe’s Chicken, egg, cheese, and jalapeno breakfast burrito and chips: Was meh. Wish I would not have ordered was too expensive and not very good. Would not order again.

IMG_3871.JPG

Cinnabon Bacon, egg, and cheese cinnamon roll sandwich: According to the wife it was very disappointing and was not very filling at all. Would not order again.

IMG_3872.JPG

Voodoo Doughnuts Cinnamon sugar cake, Raspberry Romeo, Oh Captain, My Captain, and Chocolate old fashioned. They were all good. We don’t really eat doughnuts often. We find them greasy and heavy. These were not greasy and were not overly dense or sweet. We will get them again.
IMG_3873.JPG

Vivo Italian Kitchen Beef Carpaccio: We both liked it but wish it would have come with some crostini or toasted bread to eat. They do provide bread for the table, but I prefer a crostini with carpaccio. Would order again.

IMG_3876.JPG

Vivo Italian Kitchen Squid Ink Seafood: This was delicious. The amount of seafood was perfect. Pasta was good and more than I could finish. Would order again.

IMG_3877.JPG

Vivo Italian Kitchen Baked Eggplant Parmigiana: Wife loved it as well. Said it was her favorite dish and meal of the trip. I agree. Would order again

IMG_3878.JPG

Today Café The Bulls & The Bears Platter: Sandwich and potato salad were very good. Enough to share for lunch. We would order again.

IMG_3883.JPG

Today Café Fruit tart: Was very bland. Not as good as the ones at Disney. Would not order again.

IMG_3884.JPG

Bob Marley A tribute to freedom Taste of Jameca: Wife wanted to try different things, jerked wings, Yucca fries, veggie patty and beef patty and this was her meal choice. Everything was tasty but the veggie patty was hands down the best thing on the plate. Would order again.

IMG_3886.JPG

Bob Marley A tribute to freedom Oxtail Stew: First time having this or any Jamaican food and I really liked it. The stew, sauce, beans, were all very good. Would order again.

IMG_3885.JPG

Toothsome’s Brownie Sunday: It was a really good chocolate shake with chunks of brownie and a really good brownie. It was tasty and we would get again.

IMG_3887.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter