2007 Registration Open Today!

TXBelle

Queen of the Pirates
Hi everybody! Now that the 2006 1/2 and full marathon are behind us, it's time to sign up for the 2007 1/2 and full. For those thinking registration is not until Monday the 9th, nope. Registration is OPEN now! I just signed up for the full. Come on everybody! ::yes::

Wow Heather--you go girl!

Unfortunately we will have to wait on any decisions. I do have an open ended promise that hubby will do the full with me. We have to wait a month or two as we work on our finances to have a better "behaved" year (fiscally) in 2006.

Honeibee--YOU CAN DO IT!!!! (And as you get into training, I hope that "look of fear" smiley gets swapped out for a dancing banana!)

Go to www.disneyworldmarathon.com, and you will see links at the bottom of the page to register for the 1/2, the Marathon and the Goofy. You can either register online, or download a form and mail it in. If you are a DVC member, there is a number to call on the online registration page for, I think $10 off (it's 10 or 5 off).

My sister and I registered for the 1/2. We are so excited.

Had so much fun doing the 1/2 signed up for the full this time!!

I haven't registered yet. DH is considering doing the 1/2 with me. We will use the DVC discount though when we do. Congrat's on everyone that has already signed up.

I just registered! This is the first time that I am trying anything like this but I'm very excited!

Jodi

I have to wait until my boss gets back from vacation to find out if I can have the time off next year. It is one of the busiest times of year for my job and he was very generous in giving me the time off this January, and I almost feel bad for wanting to take off for next January too. It helps that his wife is a triathelete! IF I can get the time off I need to decide if I want to do the half or the full.....I am a walker, and walking a full seems like a lot, but I actually talked to a couple of people with Mickey medals who were walkers, and that Mickey medal is calling my name....

Pat, that picture is AWESOME!!! You WALKED the half?? Hooray..I CAN do it!! You are my new inspiration!! :woohoo:

Maherae,

And anybody wondering about the half.....yes, YOU can do it. I registered for the half last year on Jan 25th. At that time I was a TOTAL couch-potato. After reading all the posts from the 2005 marathoners I was inspired to get up and get moving. I bought a TM and walked several times a week, training to train. Then 14 weeks out from the half I followed John Bingham's MFM training plan for walkers. It really does work. I will never set any speed records, but the satisfaction of setting a goal and achieving it is simply too much for words. The support and experience from the WISHers on this board was and continues to be amazing. And the feeling crossing the finish line....WOW. I was smiling as I crossed the line, and then choked up with emotion (check the pictures out - bib # 26418). When the volunteer put the Donald medal around my neck I could barely say thank you. It is an experience I will never forget.

Pat I went and checked it out and you look GREAT! And as I've already said I LOVE your pic in your sig. What I found funny when looking at your pics was the unexpected sighting of myself LMBO You can't see my face or bib but I was about 2 minutes and like 26 seconds behind you according to your clock time and mine and it fits because waaaaay in the back of your FINISH pics (the ones with the FINISH sign in it) ...waaaaay in the back is a person in a red shirt with a white blob (bib) and cropped black tights. ME! LOL

Funny too is that I have no memories of the characters at the Finish line and seeing myself waaay in the back and the characters there .... oh well! LOL My excuse is I was looking into the crowd to see if my Mom had dared the crowds and traffic (she didn't, she met us at the resort and instead has this kewl pic of me and Susan as we got off the bus which I can't wait to get my copy of).

Anyways, thanks for sharing your bib I thought it was too funny to see myself again. I found myself in another picture like that, looking for the lady who was standing next to me at the start, walked with at just after Mile 10 and said Congrats to before we had our pics taken with our separate families. I was able to find a pic of me at the start on the side of her and her family.

Hope to see you there next year!!!!! Perhaps I'll coming in a mere seconds after you LOL ;)

Diane, it is a small world after all!

I see you are going to DL in Sept - me too. I can't wait!

We were having a post-race discussion earlier tonight (another one that is!) about what we will do for Disneyland and what will be different for WDW tonight. Something like 238 days to go.... let the butterflies begin...again! LOL

Can't wait! My 1st time to DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter