2008 Theme?

YAY!! Mickey's birthday sounds great! We are planning a DEC 2008 trip and I can't wait. We wanted to go for christmas, but now we are thinking about going right before Christmas to avoid huge crowds. Oh, I can't wait!

Mickey's Bday Bash would be a great idea! Just as long as the castle isn't dressed up as a cake again..YUCK!

I think I'm the only one who actually liked that castle cake!! :lmao:

They should do something special for Mickey's 80th! For some reason that mouse never seems to age. Whats his secret?? :lmao:

I think I'm the only one who actually liked that castle cake!! :lmao:

They should do something special for Mickey's 80th! For some reason that mouse never seems to age. Whats his secret?? :lmao:

Nope your not alone I liked the cake castle too. It was different so I enjoyed it. We took a trip to Disneyland that year.

How about $80 for a 10 day MYW ticket!!!

We are going on our 1st trip to WDW in May 08!!! We would love one of those 40% off pins... :) that would make my year... HECK MY LIFE!!! LOL... but in ll seriousness - I hope its something very speical - Mickeys 80th b-day should be cause for major celebration!!!!

But I am sorry the castle better look like a castle or my DD will have a fit - shes going to see Cinderellas House... LOL

We are going on our 1st trip to WDW in May 08!!! We would love one of those 40% off pins... :) that would make my year... HECK MY LIFE!!! LOL... but in ll seriousness - I hope its something very speical - Mickeys 80th b-day should be cause for major celebration!!!!

But I am sorry the castle better look like a castle or my DD will have a fit - shes going to see Cinderellas House... LOL

Libinatorsmom! You will be at WDW the same time we will! Woo hoo. :rotfl:
We'll be there May 11th-18th

Think I read somewhere earlier that the 25th Anniversary was in 95/96, so I don't think it's the 35th Anniversary next year...I'm still going for Mickey's 80th!!!:yay:

My mom took me as a high school graduation present during the 25th anniversary, summer of '97. I still use the backpack with the 25th anniversary embroidered logo that I got on that trip, and I got quite a few comments about it on our last visit to WDW. :cool1:

The MK opened in Oct'71 which puts the 35th anniversary in Oct'06 (which is when the YOMDs started). Epcot officially opened in Oct'82 so it has it's 25th anniversary starting at the end of this year which would make it a prime celebration for 2008!

You're right last year was the 35th anniversary for WDW - when were there in October they had special pins for the 35th. I wondered if they were going to tie it in with the YOAMD.

Next year - I can't wait to see what they come up with for Mickey's 80th!

COOL BEANS!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Where are you staying??

Sadly offsite :( It is my first trip since I was 6. I'm now 26 (well almost. in about a week or so). It's my son's first trip! He'll be 6. We're going with a rather large group so we got 2 condos about 5 min. from WDW.
It'll be me, bf, our son who will be 6, my niece who will be 5, bf's aunt, uncle, mom, dad, and 3 adult cousins. And we're only doing 4 park days :( Well it's better than nothing I guess!
I think the celebration should be the fact that after 20 years I'm finally going back! LOL :rotfl:

Sadly offsite :( It is my first trip since I was 6. I'm now 26 (well almost. in about a week or so). It's my son's first trip! He'll be 6. We're going with a rather large group so we got 2 condos about 5 min. from WDW.
It'll be me, bf, our son who will be 6, my niece who will be 5, bf's aunt, uncle, mom, dad, and 3 adult cousins. And we're only doing 4 park days :( Well it's better than nothing I guess!
I think the celebration should be the fact that after 20 years I'm finally going back! LOL :rotfl:

Its our 1st trip as well :) my daughter will be 4 when we go... We are really excited... and cant wait to go... we are thinking about having a set of grandparents come but havent decided yet on that.... we have till we book in July to decide...

I see you are in WI - I grew up in WI... moved to Iowa about 6 years ago... I will be 29 on the 16th of April...

Janel

Its our 1st trip as well :) my daughter will be 4 when we go... We are really excited... and cant wait to go... we are thinking about having a set of grandparents come but havent decided yet on that.... we have till we book in July to decide...

I see you are in WI - I grew up in WI... moved to Iowa about 6 years ago... I will be 29 on the 16th of April...

Janel

HOw funny and bizzare! You'll have to PM me with where you're from in WI (i just don't wann tie up this thread with personal conversation)
Well WDW definetly needs to have a GREAT theme! (trying to keep this post on topic~ haha)

Oh yeah...I think it was 1998 that AK opened...maybe this will be the focus for the celebrations??

I just want them to announce it...I'm soooo wanting to know what theme to look forward too...it'll make me even more excited though!! :yay:

I wonder if they will announce the theme when they release the '08 package rates. I really want to know too, so I won't be so dissapointed about missing out on the YOAMD. LOL

In five years Disney World will be celebrating the big one with me!:eek:
"35 years of making dreams come true"

When i was on vacation i talked to a DT member and she said that the cast members don't even know yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter