2008 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

Yesterday, 29th at 3pm side B, lots of Impalas, G6s, HHRs, one mini van, mixture of other mid side sedans. Took an impala for the two of us.

Just returned. We arrived 10/22 @ 11:00AM, Side B. There were only full size sedans on the executive aisle and intermediate/full size on the EA side. There was one caravan on the EA side and there was one Sienna minivan on the Executive side. We are Executive members, so took the Sienna minivan - 8 seater. We were hoping for a SUV because we were meeting up with friends later in the trip and wanted them to have enough room. We could've taken the caravan, but the Sienna was a much nicer ride. Though we were there 10 days and drove the Sienna alot with many trips to publix, US/IOA, outlets we hardly used any gas. It only cost $27 to fill up to top it off before returning. This was one of the nicer vechiles we've rented in a long time. Also, as others have mentioned, my price was not honored. I had a rate of $162 which was still current as of the day of the trip, but my print out was $191. I will write to National as I wasn't willing to deal with the reps at the counter. Either way, it didn't matter as our rental was well worth the higher price too. Just a little warning in case it happens to you too. (BTW -- our flight was an hour late, so I had listed a pick up at 10:30AM and we picked up closer to 11:30AM.)

Just returned. We arrived 10/22 @ 11:00AM, Side B. There were only full size sedans on the executive aisle and intermediate/full size on the EA side. There was one caravan on the EA side and there was one Sienna minivan on the Executive side.

We arrived on 10/30 at 11:30 am on the A side. The selection was very similar. I saw mostly G6's and similar cars on the EA and no minivans or SUVs. The Exec EA had mostly Impalas, one Camary, a larger SUV (don't remember which, but it didn't seat more than 5) and 1 Caravan, but it was a lower tier model. On the Exec EA there was one Buick Lucerne, Red, with XM radio, which we took, as we are Exec members.

It looked very nice with our Phillies Championship Flag attached to the window. My DH is very pleased with the way it drives, and my kids are pleased with the XM! The flag also makes it easy to spot our car in parking lots! Of course, the locals hate us.

Also, as others have mentioned, my price was not honored. I had a rate of $162 which was still current as of the day of the trip, but my print out was $191. I will write to National as I wasn't willing to deal with the reps at the counter. Either way, it didn't matter as our rental was well worth the higher price too. Just a little warning in case it happens to you too. (BTW -- our flight was an hour late, so I had listed a pick up at 10:30AM and we picked up closer to 11:30AM.)

A new tax was recently added at MCO for rental cars. My original quote from National did not include it since it was a month or two before the new tax was implemented. It is on there if I check my reservation now. This tax should not have added more tha $12.50 to your total though.

Just curious though, did you compare the bill to your reservation to see where the difference was?

I just returned on 10/31 and my price was honored. I was charged $150.15 for the week (arrived 10/24). It was a great deal. I drove a brand new grand caravan all week. I have never used the emerald aisle before but am now a loyal customer. The pickup and return is so simple. It is definitely the way to go! :worship:

Just returned. We arrived 10/22 @ 11:00AM, Side B. There were only full size sedans on the executive aisle and intermediate/full size on the EA side. There was one caravan on the EA side and there was one Sienna minivan on the Executive side. We are Executive members, so took the Sienna minivan - 8 seater. We were hoping for a SUV because we were meeting up with friends later in the trip and wanted them to have enough room. We could've taken the caravan, but the Sienna was a much nicer ride. Though we were there 10 days and drove the Sienna alot with many trips to publix, US/IOA, outlets we hardly used any gas. It only cost $27 to fill up to top it off before returning. This was one of the nicer vechiles we've rented in a long time. Also, as others have mentioned, my price was not honored. I had a rate of $162 which was still current as of the day of the trip, but my print out was $191. I will write to National as I wasn't willing to deal with the reps at the counter. Either way, it didn't matter as our rental was well worth the higher price too. Just a little warning in case it happens to you too. (BTW -- our flight was an hour late, so I had listed a pick up at 10:30AM and we picked up closer to 11:30AM.)

What happen? Why was your price not honored?

The price on the site generated printout was higher than the online quote for our last 2 rentals with National (1 at OGG & 1 at MCO). In both cases, when we gave them a copy of the quote, they matched the quoted the price. -- Suzanne

The price on the site generated printout was higher than the online quote for our last 2 rentals with National (1 at OGG & 1 at MCO). In both cases, when we gave them a copy of the quote, they matched the quoted the price. -- Suzanne

Our last 2 rentals, which were in the last 3 weeks were exactly as quoted.
Both at MCO.

I took a look at my original print out and receipt and it appears that they would not honor the $35 blog-coupon. I've used it in the past several times and it has never been a problem, but it didn't work this time. I will write and send both receipts in. All they can tell me is sorry for my bad luck. Either way I had a great deal. ($193 total for a 10 day rental for a 8-seater minivan, Sienna).

I rent alot (though not as much as you), and we still manage our 40+ days of renting through National a year to maintain our Executive status....congratulations on your Elite status!!

I took a look at my original print out and receipt and it appears that they would not honor the $35 blog-coupon. I've used it in the past several times and it has never been a problem, but it didn't work this time. I will write and send both receipts in. All they can tell me is sorry for my bad luck. Either way I had a great deal. ($193 total for a 10 day rental for a 8-seater minivan, Sienna).

I rent alot (though not as much as you), and we still manage our 40+ days of renting through National a year to maintain our Executive status....congratulations on your Elite status!!

Thank you. :flower3:
and
I just checked again and the return rental on Oct. 10th, they honored the $35. coupon. I have another return on Tuesday the 4th, using the $35. I will post here the outcome.

Executive Aisle

All cars, no SUVs or minivans

Mostly Chargers:thumbsup2 (what a fun/smooth ride, yet as DH observed: "the beast eats gas";) ); couple volvos & Altimas(?)

drove around orlando & over to port canaveral & back to Universal...stopped to fill up @ exit before MCO upon return, didn't get 'dinged' with any extra gas charge this time:woohoo: & for some reason the rental was finalized a few dollars less than my stated confirmation.

Used the online coupon w/o incident

We arrive on 12/13 around 11am (a Saturday). I sure hope we can snag a minivan or at least a mid-size!

Can someone provide me with the link for the $35 coupon? Thanks!

Arrived 10-27 at 7pm There were about 10 sebring convertables, a couple g-6's and 3 0r 4 impals Took the Impala it was a nice car nothing special drove real nice and was good on gas. Returned tues. 11-4 couldn't see very good but looked to be about the same all cars no suv's or mini-vans,
Also had the same problem with being charged more than my rental quote. My rental quote was 141.00 and when my bill was handed to me it was 154.00 went to the booth as no one else was in there and the attendant said it was corrected we will see when I get my charge bill. this was the first time that has ever happened to me.

We returned yesterday. I wanted to add that the final price was exactly what we were quoted and the $35 coupon was honored without any hassel.

The only other thing I will point out is that the last 2 or 3 times I rented from National, the rep at the booth has told me I had more than 1 reservation. I have been careful to cancel my other reservations so I don't know what's up with that. I have told the rep every time that I cancelled the other reservation so it must be a computer error. I then handed the rep the printout of the correct reservation. The price and the reservation was honored.

I also have the cancellation confirmations, but I didn't bring them with me. Based on this experience, I am going to make sure I hold on to those cancellation emails until I return home.

What coupon code, etc are you all using for the best deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter