2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

Hi All, I went thru many pages including page 16 and even checked out the link but I am still wondering, when you are on the regular DDP and are ordering from the Picnic in the Park at AK, what is available to order tier 1 or tier 2? Regular DDP is tier 1 and deluxe would be tier 2? We have 2 adults and 1 child (DD3) on the DDP, DD2 will munch on whatever we order. So if we ordered the tier 1, sandwiches, do we just go down to whatever the 3 person option is? (I forgot what is listed) Will we have 3 adult counter services deducted? Usually our hotel conceirge is good about adjusting our dining credits once we show receipts.
Thanks for the info!!

Picnic in the Park can be ordered at either Tier 1 or Tier 2 regardless of which dining plan you are on, but you must all order from the same tier. There's no children's menu on the picnic. If you want the 3 person option, they will deduct three counter service credits. Won't matter if they're adult or child because this option has no children's menu.

for each member of my party? Could I possibly get the deluxe for half of my party and the regular for the other half?

Thanks for the help!

Let me say everyone on the same reservation has to be on the same plan. :)

Thanks Mom Poppins - now to decide if the Deluxe plan is worth the extra cost....we have 4 adults and 2 children....

I will be travelling from England in 2010 and am unsure whether the dining plans are the same for us??

What is Counter Service? ie: what sort of food is served at these style of restaurants?

My daughter is a Coeliac, so food choices are very important to us.

Thanks,

Mel
(1st timer)

I will be travelling from England in 2010 and am unsure whether the dining plans are the same for us??

What is Counter Service? ie: what sort of food is served at these style of restaurants?

My daughter is a Coeliac, so food choices are very important to us.

Thanks,

Mel
(1st timer)

Counter Service varies from what we'd consider fast food...burgers, fries, chicken nuggets...to more complete meals...roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, or salmon, etc. If you look at the menus on wdwinfo or allearsnet you can get an idea of what's available.

Table service would be sit-down service, including family style and buffet, as well as character meals. Some TS are 2 credits, mostly the nicer places. Check the brochure.

I just posted a Gluten-free meal review on the Special needs board here at the Dis. That's a good resource for info on that. All Counter service restaurants have a book with all ingredients listed, and they will usually call a manager to help you, and all Table service restaurants can bring out a chef. They are VERY accomodating, and keep GF foods available at all times at the TS restaurants, and at many of the CS restaurants.

There is also someone to contact ahead of time,

Food allergy contact:
Brenda Bennett
MAGIC KINGDOM Foods
407-824-5967
wdw.special.diets@disney.com

Hope that helps!

Thanks Mom Poppins - now to decide if the Deluxe plan is worth the extra cost....we have 4 adults and 2 children....
I would assume for 6 people you have 2 rooms to be under occupancy requirements so you could get one room one way and the other another or not at all.

Counter Service varies from what we'd consider fast food...burgers, fries, chicken nuggets...to more complete meals...roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, or salmon, etc. If you look at the menus on wdwinfo or allearsnet you can get an idea of what's available.

Table service would be sit-down service, including family style and buffet, as well as character meals. Some TS are 2 credits, mostly the nicer places. Check the brochure.

I just posted a Gluten-free meal review on the Special needs board here at the Dis. That's a good resource for info on that. All Counter service restaurants have a book with all ingredients listed, and they will usually call a manager to help you, and all Table service restaurants can bring out a chef. They are VERY accomodating, and keep GF foods available at all times at the TS restaurants, and at many of the CS restaurants.

There is also someone to contact ahead of time,

Food allergy contact:
Brenda Bennett
MAGIC KINGDOM Foods
407-824-5967

Hope that helps!

That is very helpful thank you. This is the most stressful part as my 8 year old daughter feels that she "is a problem" and we always try to sort out this ort of thing in advance where possible, so she doesn't feel that way. I will have a look at your post before making a decision on booking accomodation.

That is very helpful thank you. This is the most stressful part as my 8 year old daughter feels that she "is a problem" and we always try to sort out this ort of thing in advance where possible, so she doesn't feel that way. I will have a look at your post before making a decision on booking accomodation.

Let me assure you that WDW is the ONE place my GF kids do not feel like the odd man out. They actually feel VERY pampered there. This trip especially, the really catered to them. They wish ALL restaurants were nice like WDW. LOL

The value resorts have been fine for us...all CS restaurants including resorts should be able to handle it... just ask to talk to a manager or chef.

Happy to help!

Trying to maximize CS credits AND find my child something to eat other than the AWFUL choices they offer on the kids menu at ALMOST all Disney eateries. I just can't believe they haven't improved this. Even if people's kids liked cheeseburgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and PB&J, that doesn't mean they want to eat it three times day for a week. Other than buffets, the kids choices are almost negligent. How about those of us whose kids aren't picky and those parents who would like something healthy for their kids to eat.

Trying to maximize CS credits AND find my child something to eat other than the AWFUL choices they offer on the kids menu at ALMOST all Disney eateries. I just can't believe they haven't improved this. Even if people's kids liked cheeseburgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and PB&J, that doesn't mean they want to eat it three times day for a week. Other than buffets, the kids choices are almost negligent. How about those of us whose kids aren't picky and those parents who would like something healthy for their kids to eat.

The answer to your question is in the FAQ in the first posts of this thread.

Also, take another look at the menus, I think you might be surprised at some of the options. Turkey pinwheels, salads, chicken legs & bbq are a few non-traditional items that I can think of. I think that there is only about one place to find a cheese burger at each park.

I do know that Casey's doesn't have a kids menu, but unfortunately that wouldn't help you in your search for non-hot dog options. :sad1:

Ok, I am completely confused on this part, do they differentiate between child and adult on credits? or is it just one full bank of credits and you just order whichever child or adult?

They aren't separated. However, when you approach the counter to order, you have to specify you are using the DDP and they will ask for your card. On your card, it will say that you have (for example) 2a, 2c on the DDP. The cashier will then allow you to order only what is specified on your card. You won't be allowed to order more than the 2 adult meals (plus your 2 kid's meals) that you are entitled to at any CS meal.

When we went in Oct 2007 we realized halfway through our trip that the Counter Service credits were pooled together and we could have had more adult meals. I am only asking because my 8 year old like burgers and they don't offer them on the kids menu at the counter service restaurants. Does anyone have any recent experiences if this is still the same or did they change it sincce 2007.
Thanks

While credits are pooled, you are still limited by the plan rules. You cannot use child credits to purchase adult meals. Cashiers will not let you purchase more than the number indicated on your card - 2A 2C means no more than 2 adult meals can be purchased unless the location does not sell separate child meals.

There are 2 alternatives if you and your children will not be happy with the child offerings, either purchase a different meal for your child OOP or opt not to use the dining plan.

While credits are pooled, you are still limited by the plan rules. You cannot use child credits to purchase adult meals. Cashiers will not let you purchase more than the number indicated on your card - 2A 2C means no more than 2 adult meals can be purchased unless the location does not sell separate child meals.

There are 2 alternatives if you and your children will not be happy with the child offerings, either purchase a different meal for your child OOP or opt not to use the dining plan.

Exactly. You can also share your adult counter service meal with the kid, that's what I do with my granddaughter, and most CS meals are huge. I don't know how a child would be able to eat an entire CS meal on his/her own. Also, you can get the kid's meal for yourself and give the kid your adult meal.

When we went in Oct 2007 we realized halfway through our trip that the Counter Service credits were pooled together and we could have had more adult meals. I am only asking because my 8 year old like burgers and they don't offer them on the kids menu at the counter service restaurants. Does anyone have any recent experiences if this is still the same or did they change it sincce 2007.
Thanks

What everyone else said, (especially sharing a big adult burger, or eating the kids choice yourself and giving him the burger)...AND, in a pinch, Pecos Bill's in MK has a kid's burger.

Still confused about Adult vs Child CS when no child menu present, so I am putting my question into the form of a multiple-choice quiz... :teacher:

A family goes into Main Street Bakery... they have the DDP... Two adults and one child in the family.

They want to get a CS "meal" (savory+sweet+drink) for the child. The adults are not eating. They order the "meal" and approach the counter. What do they say?

a) We're on the DDP, here's the card, please subtract "one CS".
b) We're on the DDP, here's the card, please subtract "one child CS".
c) Something else?

Thanks!

The answer is a, because Main St Bakery does not have a childrens menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter